Which E3 conference did you most enjoy?

Marlew

Which E3 conference did you most enjoy?   

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Microsoft just about edged it for me due to the immediacy and variety of the games on offer, most of which will be on GP. There were more games in their showcase I was interested in than the other showcases: Somerville, Replaced, Psychonauts 2, 12 Minutes, Shredders, Forza, and more.

Nintendo had a great show as well, though it felt like a lot of it was comprised of sequels and remasters, as is typically the case. I thought the BotW2 trailer was a touch underwhelming and the '2022' release date seems pretty far off - I wouldn't be surprised if it's not out until Christmas next year. I'll play Metroid and probably Advance Wars, once it's on sale. Maybe Monkey Ball and Warioware if they turn out well.

The Elden Ring trailer in Geoff's segment was also a great way to kick things off. That's probably my most anticipated game over the next 12 months.

Overall, despite there not being any true MEGATUN!1!s, for my money, at least, there's still lots to be excited about, more than I was expecting after a pandemic. Well done, all :hat:

Nintendo had the conference which made me most excited, and Microsoft were the most competent, selling the hell out of the Xbox for the next 2 years.

However, Square Enix had the clear highlight of the conference in the form of Stranger of Paradise, and doing an encore in the form of a demo that doesn't actually work was inspired.

I preferred Nintendo's show, because I was only really after a date for one game due in 2021, and got a bunch of really neat games releasing in 2021 alongside with it.

Microsoft's show was more of a mix of 2021 to 2022 (and one or two even with no date at all) games, which made it a bit tougher to get excited about things because of the passage of time in a pandemic, but practically everything on the show was going to be on Game Pass and that's super cool as a subscriber.

Devolver, as always, was a right laugh and had some brilliant indie games.

The Wholesome Games showcase was pretty cool. I think I'm just bored of mainstream big budget games; I rarely play them, and they're often so long that even if I do I never finish them.

Indies are where it's at.

Nintendo defo had the best out of the main presentations - was actually exactly what the Switch needs. But it wasn't big or surprising - nothing really drew my interest that much personally.

Xbox was the best for me. Each of these three had one trailer I was really hyped about (Elden Ring, Battlefield 2042, Zelda) and though BF is probably my least anticipated of those the Xbox show had so much other stuff and of those big games Battlefield is closest. 

Beyond the big games, Microsoft just had the most variety. They had the larger variety of more exciting indie and triple A games, and theirs was the best presented. SGF was too long, and I felt like I basically sat through a load of crap to get to see Elden Ring. Conversely Nintendo was too short, rushing past everything and not showing me enough of the things that were exciting. Plus with Nintendo I generally temper my expectations a bit as I know even cute looking games that seem like they’d be pretty fun are going to cost about £50 and never go down in price. 

I only watched MS and Ninty, and it was a close run thing for me, but in the end lots of new games plus one modern classic I’ve already played (Hades) won out over some new games plus several classics I’ve already played. They both surprised me with the number of games they showed though, I’d set my expectations low for both due to the pandemic so there were lots of nice surprises.

I only enjoyed the Square one as it was funny. 

MS one was great because it basically is a cost saving show. Watching it all I could think was "Holy fuck I will have saved at least £500 in games this year with all this game pass goodness!". Forza Horizon was the highlight of the whole weekend and just absolutely stunning. Oh and Flight Simulator coming in a month filled me with joy. The variety of games shown was great. Of all the game shown only 3 won't be on gamepass (and that could change) just that alone means it had the best show. 

Nintendo were ok. Metroid Dread was the only thing I need and want from that showing though. Advance Wars was cool. But I have the 2 games on my Rg351v with the much better original art style so I wouldn't buy it. 

1 minute ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Sony’s showing off the new Horizon Zero Dawn was the only thing that gave me any tingles. 

the rest just looked like the same old games (graphically and gameplay) that we have had for the last ten years. 

I'm guessing you didn't watch the MS conference?

11 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Sony’s showing off the new Horizon Zero Dawn was the only thing that gave me any tingles this year.

the rest just looked like the same old games (graphically and gameplay wise) that we have had for the last ten years. 

As opposed to a sandbox, third person action adventure game with tower climbing and map icons? :lol:

And I say that as someone who loved the first Horizon. It's a great game, but it's incredibly unoriginal in everything except the setting.

Xbox for me - absolutely loads to look forward to, the vast majority of it Day 1 on Game Pass.

My personal circumstances are that I have a Series X still boxed up at my mum and dad's - it's been there untouched for 3 months now.  I won't open it until I move house and get a new OLED TV.  So although I'm regularly playing Game Pass games on my One X, I've never ever experienced 60fps.  And I'm obviously yet to try out my Series X.

So combine that line up with the excitement of being in a new house, with a 2nd reception room where I can rig up my Series X and I have a lot to be very, very excited about.  Seeing FH5 blew my mind - I'll spontaneously combust playing that with my new toys.

I wasn't expecting to see anything about BotW2 so that was mega exciting, but Xbox for me this year.

My vote went to ‘I didn’t enjoy’ which isn’t really true. There are a few games that look good to me but these are spread out over all the conferences. I’m not seeing a huge amount of innovation out there but nonetheless I’d imagine Elden Ring, Battlefield 2042 and BOTW2 should be pretty damn spectacular. 

No one blew my balls with their presentations. MS finally got their launch staples out in Forza and Halo which I have no interest in, although I knew they’d get those through the door before anything that tickles my fancy appears. Psychonauts 2 and Elden Ring look to be the next big hitters for me on the new generation consoles. No Fable 4 or Elder Scrolls was massively disappointing. At least the new Sea of Thieves content was awesome.  The conferences of Sony and MS just highlight what I always thought; that both consoles got released a year too early. 

Nintendo’s, although underwhelming, had a good selection and probably brought more to the table in the near future so they win for me in an otherwise meh E3. 

Both Microsoft and Nintendo managed to deliver a taste of proper E3 feels for me, but Microsoft were more consistent. This year obviously won't be remembered as an E3 for the ages, but under the circumstances they both did pretty well.

Guerilla Collective 2 and Wholesome Games. 

My Steam wishlist grew exponentially off the back of those. I felt both MS and Nintendo has solid showing too. For me these was a good range of games on show. 

My standouts

MS
12 Minutes
Everything is Gamepass / Cloud

Nintendo
Advance Wars
Wario Ware
Danganronpa
Life is Strange

GC / Wholesome
A Little to the Left

Behind the Frame
Venice 2089
Wolfstride

Demon's Turf
Firegirl
Unpacking

MS. Replaced, The Ascent, and Forza look very nice, and the Game Pass announcements were decent.

The quality of Nintendo’s depends on how much you care about their brands. I thought it was nice to see a new Wario Ware… and I’m, er, happy for Metroid and Zelda fans?

Nintendo as they showed a bunch of games that are all going to release in the next 6 months, showed games we didn't know about, gameplay trailers and not CGI, and used all the colours.

Metroid, Wario Ware and Monkey Ball are all games I'll buy (and actually play).

I voted Microsoft, as a display of Gamepass clout it was wholly convincing and there's a lot there I want to play.

Nintendo finally showed me some games I want to play on my Switch this year and it's great to see some of their smaller franchises back but it was a very uneven presentation on the whole. And some of the reveals were better on paper than in reality (the Advance Wars remake looks like a cheap mobile game)

Split between MS and Nintendo for me so I didn't vote. MS were solid with some really good stuff and lots and lots of games to cover lots of bases but no actual killer title for me - plenty of stuff though. Nintendo was more hit and miss for me but the hits were BIG ones for me , Advance Wars, WarioWare, SMB.