IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

41 minutes ago, Waggo said:

I was just checking the odds for a pen to be given, as I thought it a decent bet the ref would look to level it up in the second half if that goal was still the difference. 

The Utd equalizer has probably put paid to that though, so likely saved me a few quid.

:coffee:

40 minutes ago, Waggo said:

I was just checking the odds for a pen to be given, as I thought it a decent bet the ref would look to level it up in the second half if that goal was still the difference. 

The Utd equalizer has probably put paid to that though, so likely saved me a few quid.

Bollocks that line of thinking worked out well then.:doh:

Although to be fair the ref tried his hardest not to give it, but VAR was always going to overturn a stonewaller like that.

1 minute ago, The Fox said:

Clear penalty, but so was Maguire on Tomiyasu which didn’t even get looked at.

At no time was Tomiyasu anywhere near the ball so it will never be given.

I don't think Atkinson didn't want to give the penalty, from the angle he was at there was a strong change Odegaard had got to the ball (both players backs were to him).  But that's at least the third case in three nights of VAR making sure that the right decision is made, which I'm sure we will hear a lot of...

4 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

The only thing that could have saved Man Utd there would have been Paulo Di Canio, or possibly Marcelo Bielza, someone who would have put professionalism to the side in favour of doing the right thing.  This is no slight against Smith-Rowe, who quite possibly didn't even realise De Gea was injured.

Arsenal celebrating the way they did is fucking embarrassing though.

Di Canio was never going to score from where he was though (and I've just watched it again to make sure my memory wasn't failing me.) It's still a great bit of sportsmanship, but I wonder if he would've done the same if he had an empty goal to aim at?

Love how hyperbolic the coverage is, pundits chatting about how Chelsea need to keep their heads and remember the title isn’t won and lost in December…

They narrowly lost one game. FFS.

Bring back Ally McCoist.

13 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

image.png.a29c0596789a93eb7f36405648aaa87d.png

:coffee:

Impressive.

I feel sorry for Origi. A bit of a legend, a great finisher and probably a nice guy.

In 20 years he will be back at the club on an interim manager basis and screw it up.

20 minutes ago, Hamus said:

Impressive.

I feel sorry for Origi. A bit of a legend, a great finisher and probably a nice guy.

Why do you feel sorry for him? I don’t think he’s particularly upset at his role with us, seems pretty chilled out and probably quite happy with his UCL and EPL medals and £70k a week!