IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Sheffield United playing really well in our tie and are well in it. 

Fabio Silva and Podence are looking fantastic together, Adama the weak link up front. 

Blades had one cleared off the line and another ruled out for a high boot. Good cup tie. 

6 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Sheffield United playing really well in our tie and are well in it. 

Fabio Silva and Podence are looking fantastic together, Adama the weak link up front. 

Blades had one cleared off the line and another ruled out for a high boot. Good cup tie. 

Is Adama off do you reckon? I still don't see the appeal. However spurs do lack anyone willing to run with the ball so maybe he'd do ok?

4 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Is Adama off do you reckon? I still don't see the appeal. However spurs do lack anyone willing to run with the ball so maybe he'd do ok?

Bit of a stand off between the club and him with regards to wages. 

Apparently he thinks he should be one of the clubs top earners, which is definitely an opinion. 

With 18 months left on his contract he probably will be off soon. 

It’s a lazy assessment to say he’s just an athlete and not a footballer, he’s a very skilful player and so close to being at the top end and a real superstar. 

Say what you like but he causes the opposition big problems most weeks. I’d miss him. 

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Villa supposedly signing Digne this week. Possibly with El Ghazi going in the other direction.

Falling out with and then selling one of Everton’s better players to a team managed by a former Liverpool player will do wonders for Benitez’s popularity.  

We’ve managed to circumvent not being allowed the 3,000 odd fans (wouldn’t have been much more as we draw crap crowds usually at home for no big games) into watching us play Preston today by potentially taking 6-8,000 to Anfield in a month while we might still be banned from having no home crowds.

15 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Falling out with and then selling one of Everton’s better players to a team managed by a former Liverpool player will do wonders for Benitez’s popularity.  

Its okay because El Ghazi has about one month of every season where he plays football like George Weah.  

Spoiler

(We’ll say nothing about the other eight months where he plays football like that bloke who pretended he was George Wear’s cousin)

11 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Its okay because El Ghazi has about one month of every season where he plays football like George Weah.  

Reveal hidden contents

(We’ll say nothing about the other eight months where he plays football like that bloke who pretended he was George Wear’s cousin)

He also takes a world class penalty.

2 hours ago, Plissken said:

I've clearly missed something - WTF is that Arsenal kit about?

Edit: Oh, anti-knife crime shirt.  "No more red."

Idris Elba said before the game it was their first white kit for 90 years or something but they had a white kit (with red on it strangely enough) only a few years ago?

We had a white kit literally last season. Also there was a Chapman one in 07/08 maybe? I can only see Theo Walcott in it in my mind. There might have been a third strip with blue trim that caused a bit of uproar as well, I’m not sure if it ever got worn though. You’d usually wash your motor with a kit like that.

1 hour ago, JamesTW said:

Idris Elba said before the game it was their first white kit for 90 years or something but they had a white kit (with red on it strangely enough) only a few years ago?

image.gif.028e93ff2a2a82c5a2133b92106d18b2.gif

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

We had a white kit literally last season. Also there was a Chapman one in 07/08 maybe? I can only see Theo Walcott in it in my mind. There might have been a third strip with blue trim that caused a bit of uproar as well, I’m not sure if it ever got worn though. You’d usually wash your motor with a kit like that.

the marble

image.thumb.jpeg.1efe370701dccb2eb331c0e2b2f88245.jpeg

had red on it

2007/8

371E5D08-756D-4C14-8190-79814A99D017.jpeg.7115eda75ca7c347ee681ee92a48025a.jpeg

had burgundy on it, including the text in the stripes

9 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

West Ham's goal is a bit shambolic. You can apparently be offside, run towards the ball, impede the keeper, but not be considered interfering because you didn't actually touch the ball.

On the one hand, this was extremely annoying especially as a very very weakened side did pretty well.

On the other, I consider the absolutely awful record Leeds have in the Cup and feel like maybe this is preferable to being turfed out by a League 1 because we just played complete shite.

It was an absolute stinker of a goal. 

How two fully trained professional referee's can both come to the conclusion that a player who is clearly off-side while preventing the GK from collecting a ball loose in the box, is somehow not interfering with play is simply mind boggling.  

Joke of a decision.