IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

26 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

What a farce the Spurs v Woolwich game is called off, it’s not Covid related and the PL have even said so - if they are unable to put out a team due to injuries and discipline then as per the rules they automatically lose the game.

Glad I didn’t take my ticket as was meant to be moving house but that’s likely cost fans hundreds, I hope it’s challenged and Arsenal get the same treatment Spurs did in the Eurovision cup.

Yeah, that’s a ludicrous postponement. Since when have injuries been cause for a game not going ahead?

Not having Arsenal moaning over Liverpool’s false positives now, bunch of fannies.

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Villa haven't beaten Manchester United in the league at Villa Park since 1995.

We're favourites with some bonus I today, apparently.

Fools.

Surely you must be at least a little bit confident after Mondays match? Plus you’ve got those two new signings.

Just don’t do that dodgy free kick routine again :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, spork said:

Surely you must be at least a little bit confident after Mondays match? Plus you’ve got those two new signings.

Just don’t do that dodgy free kick routine again :ph34r:

Nope. I pretty much write off every game against Manchester United. We win one once a decade or so, and that's great when it happens, but thats it. 

We can't 'deal' with this fixture. Manchester United could rock up with 11 crocked players wearing blindfolds and they'd at the very least take a point. When we've been better and they've had weaker moments than usual, we concede a soft penalty or chuck one in. And in this fixture when Manchester United score first, they win.

Like they will tonight.

26 minutes ago, Gabe said:

The Arsenal postponement does sound like an absolute farce. 

No other top league has been calling games off en-masse, have they? 

Leeds are the team I most feel sorry for in all this. They're one step away from having the mascots turn out in white but are still getting on with it and Arsenal are crying because they're lost 4 players to a competition they knew they were going to be leaving for when they signed them. The PL have completely undermined themselves by allowing this to be called off and giving license for other teams to try and game it and why shouldn't they?

Absolutely shocking from the 'best league in the world'.

It’s been gamed since day one. The unfair thing to do at this stage is struggle through games when other teams have already taken the piss. Arsenal are well within their rights to use it to their advantage just like everyone else is. The whole situation has undermined the integrity of the league at this point, but they’re not handing out medals for giving it a bash at the end of the year. Teams like Leeds are being punished for not playing the game and it’s just rubbish.

That all being said, at least they’ve been upfront about why people are missing rather than coming up with some jackanory about failed covid tests. 

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

Ten game accumulator. I hate Rochdale. All the other games were spot on. I hope Vladimir Putin drops a bomb on Rochdale.

Screenshot_20220115_163010_com.brave.browser.thumb.jpg.afb23873ca55ac5e6ea74f0c2b936b27.jpg

Unlucky but Tranmere are 2nd, in good form and at home, Rochdale are 18th, in bad form and away, 2/1 = crap odds

8 minutes ago, JamesTW said:

Unlucky but Tranmere are 2nd, in good form and at home, Rochdale are 18th, in bad form and away, 2/1 = crap odds

I put it in last as I thought £400 was a rubbish win :facepalm:

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

I put it in last as I thought £400 was a rubbish win :facepalm:

I've been there, Years ago I once lost about £700 on Celtic losing/drawing against crap like Motherwell or someone, I only added them to pad out the accumulator by about £10

Edit: I mean the Returns was £700

For the avoidance of doubt, I don’t think Arsenal are right in asking to postpone the match, in the same way I don’t think any club is. It’s an issue the league has caused so I’m not sure what’s to be gained by playing when they’re happy for you to bin games off for spurious reasons.

I think if we’re being honest with ourselves the only reason fans get annoyed about specific games being delayed is that we’d be happier watching our team thump a load of kids and reserve players in games that on paper would be tougher. It was the case with us against Liverpool and it’s definitely true of tomorrow too.

1 minute ago, Art Vandelay said:

I think if we’re being honest with ourselves the only reason fans get annoyed about specific games being delayed is that we’d be happier watching our team thump a load of kids and reserve players in games that on paper would be tougher. It was the case with us against Liverpool and it’s definitely true of tomorrow too.

For me, I've been annoyed by the sheer amount of games called off for all teams - I don't care who it is - because it's not a situation we are seeing in other leagues and is just creating a pile-up that does call into question the integrity of the league. Burnley have played five fewer games than Chelsea & Man City (the only teams to have played 22 games); Tottenham and Leicester four fewer; plenty of others have played three less. It's a joke, unless there were serious outbreaks - and we don't know, because there's no transparency from the PL (and no benefit in the club self-declaring either).

It just becoming farcical and the Arsenal cancellation just feels like the PL is trolling everybody now.