IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

25 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Landmark day for all good football fans today.

Happy Eric Cantona Kicking A Racist Piece Of Shit In The Chest Day!

27th anniversary.  And if any player wants to honour the man by doing it again, they have my support.

I’ll always remember that day as I got hit in the face by some twat on a night out in Worcester, I was a bit drunk and I was chatting up a girl outside a kebab shop. He knocked me out cold, and thankfully I only had a small cut on my face. I remember coming home, and the old man saying come into the lounge as something had happened at the Crystal Palace game.

3 hours ago, Plissken said:

27th anniversary.  And if any player wants to honour the man by doing it again, they have my support.

In defence of Palace fans, as far as anyone can work out he wasn't really a Palace fan and was a local, coked up 'day tripper' as United were in town.

We don't love Cantona, but most agree the bloke getting kicked was a cunt.

I still find it odd though that some teams still come down and sing Cantona songs, no one really cares about the event and it's quite baffling.

2 hours ago, ckny said:

What is known racist John Terry doing with this monkey player shit on Twitter? Some sort of NFT thing I don’t understand?

I can’t wait to see Anton Ferdinands!

6 hours ago, Plissken said:

I think I’ve said this before but I was at Villa Park that night watching Mark Bosnich do this to Jurgen Klinsmann. 

image.jpeg.625ae8ca04072a8bd2f0d77de557a2ff.jpeg

Klinsmann was knocked unconscious, Villa got awarded a goal kick.  I figured it would be the main talking point in football for the next week, but Bosnich got away with it completely because Cantona did what he did and it turned out that 90s media simply didn’t have the bandwidth to cover both events.  

First time I ever got served with a pint of beer at a bar too. I was still only 15! 

I can't find any videos of him. :( May his excellence only exist in the memories of all who saw him.

other no relation to anything, 199 days since the greatest penalty ever was scored

it's weird that maguire is responsible for the greatest penalty ever, but..yeah. Take that it was in a final, he's a defender, he sent the keeper the wrong way, and most importantly it was a rocket aimed straight at the corner. He should teach others the technique because it's not a normal one.

a defender whose whole life revolves around defending who sometimes struggles with that role, just happens to have some incredible penalty technique hidden away.

4 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

I can't find any videos of him. :( May his excellence only exist in the memories of all who saw him.

other no relation to anything, 199 days since the greatest penalty ever was scored

it's weird that maguire is responsible for the greatest penalty ever, but..yeah. Take that it was in a final, he's a defender, he sent the keeper the wrong way, and most importantly it was a rocket aimed straight at the corner. He should teach others the technique because it's not a normal one.

a defender whose whole life revolves around defending who sometimes struggles with that role, just happens to have some incredible penalty technique hidden away.

Pfffftttt. Kevin Pressman laughs in the face of Harry Maguire. Then boots his head into space.

A classic match. Liverpool playing like they are possessed, Suarez cushioning a pass to Sturridge and when he misses is distraught, Arsenal's experiment in defending of just random cluster of bodies and you looking at acres of the pitch trying to spot the right back, Suarez nearly scoring a worldie then nearly scoring another when he's in that mode of 'it's impossible but I'm going to try anyway...oh nearly'. The commentator sounding like he can't catch his breathe. 

I'm not too surprised by Adama going back to Barcelona this window if Barca feel like they can get rid of Dembele before deadline day.   I'd presume Adama still has a lot of friends at Barca, he was born, what, five miles from the Camp Nou and came up through La Masia so the question of him being able to settle in straight away is basically a non issue. 

38 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

amazing athlete, but not really a footballer. 

To be fair Barcelona have made lots of rubbish transfers over the past few years so I’m not entirely sure it means much about Traore’s ability.

2 minutes ago, spork said:

To be fair Barcelona have made lots of rubbish transfers over the past few years so I’m not entirely sure it means much about Traore’s ability.

It was more a reference to my earlier post stating that I can now be lazy and suggest he's not really a footballer.

1 hour ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

It was more a reference to my earlier post stating that I can now be lazy and suggest he's not really a footballer.

I read that Conte wanted him as a wing-back at Tottenham, do you he would've suited that role?

17 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I read that Conte wanted him as a wing-back at Tottenham, do you he would've suited that role?

No.  We used him there a few times, and aside from one outstanding game at City where he kept Sterling quiet and scored two goals, he was much better as an outright offensive player.

Doherty and Semedo were far better in that position.

1 hour ago, Naysonymous said:

I'm not too surprised by Adama going back to Barcelona this window if Barca feel like they can get rid of Dembele before deadline day.   I'd presume Adama still has a lot of friends at Barca, he was born, what, five miles from the Camp Nou and came up through La Masia so the question of him being able to settle in straight away is basically a non issue. 

What is an issue is where did supposedly skint Barcelona find out where the money tree was being hidden?

42 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

What is an issue is where did supposedly skint Barcelona find out where the money tree was being hidden?

Reworked contracts all over the shop to 'reduce' the wage bill. Got Messi and a few other big earners off, with a couple more to come, and are just about scraping in. Fucking mess, and so they should be.