IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Lee Hughes was found guilty of causing death by dangerous driving and was sentenced to six years in prison. He served three years and played for Oldham Athletic and a few other lower league clubs when he was released. He's still young so whatever happens I still expect a club to take him in the future. Of course the big difference between him and other examples listed in this thread are that he's black and the press will not treat him the same way it would treat a white player accused of the same thing which might affect him playing again in this country at least. 

1 hour ago, Loik V credern said:

How can prison not be expected? His United career is over, surely? The audio is damning. 

Will sign for Prison FC but might not make the team based on how many new signings they've made the last couple of years. Fuck is wrong with people, all that money/talent/potential/adoration and yet  choose to be a complete cunt. 

@Oh Danny Boy Adam Johnson got out about three years ago and has basically been living quietly in a big house in the country.  He had enough money in the bank at the time of his conviction to live off of the interest and it seems that’s basically what he’s doing.  His missus took him back too.  

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Will sign for Prison FC but might not make the team based on how many new signings they've made the last couple of years. Fuck is wrong with people, all that money/talent/potential/adoration and yet  choose to be a complete cunt. 

I think the Tory party has shown that having money and being a cunt is hardly unique. Although they are short on talent and potential.

Wonder if @neoELITE will have anything to contribute to the talk of clubs signing scumbags, after Argyle's goalkeeper killed 2 children while drink driving but then was re-signed by them a few years later. 

Also see Marcos Alonso but think it was only one person he killed and not a child so not as bad I guess. 

22 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

That Sheffield United player a few years ago who was involved in gang raping that young girl?  Depressingly too many clubs were willing to give him a contract, I think there was quite a split opinion on here at the time as to whether he should have lost his career after her served his time. 

Adam Johnson (another for the wasted potential chat) I’ve heard squat of since he did his time, I’m sure he must be quietly getting on with it at a lower league club somewhere. 

Ched Evans was (rightly or wrongly, and I rather suspect the latter) acquitted on appeal. There were some clubs interested before that point, I think, but there were also, for example, sponsors making it clear that they would immediately drop support if he was signed. Far more doors opened again after his acquittal, I believe.

Adam Johnson hasn't played professional football since February 2016 and, considering he's been out of prison for the best part of three years and is 34 now, seems unlikely to pick his career back up now.

7 minutes ago, bear said:

"Prison FC" "top rapist"

Guys, cut that shit out.  

I’m trying to confront a pretty serious issue in a darkly comic manner. Ok I’m not exactly Frankie Boyle level but this is a gaming forum not The Apollo. 

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

Wonder if @neoELITE will have anything to contribute to the talk of clubs signing scumbags, after Argyle's goalkeeper killed 2 children while drink driving but then was re-signed by them a few years later. 

Also see Marcos Alonso but think it was only one person he killed and not a child so not as bad I guess. 

You could ask an Oxford United supporter if you like.

He drove in the morning after drinking the night before. Millions of people do this. I'm not condoning it but he wasn't plastered and guzzling whiskey as he crashed. It was a tragic accident exacerbated by the two children not wearing seatbelts. Luke McCormick is far from a scumbag.

After serving his sentence, he donated half his wages to charity too. 

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

He drove in the morning after drinking the night before. Millions of people do this. I'm not condoning it but he wasn't plastered and guzzling whiskey as he crashed. It was a tragic accident exacerbated by the two children not wearing seatbelts. Luke McCormick is far from a scumbag.

No, you are just minimising it

"Millions of people do it"

And victim blaming

"Exacerbated by the two children  not wearing seatbelts"

There have been years and years of "Don't drive in the morning if you've been drunk the night before" information and ads out there, and if you are blowing over the limit when driving in the morning it's not like you had a glass and a half the night before and just got unucky.

I'm sure if it was your kids who died you'd be as forgiving.

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

jesus christ

18 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Be nice to cheating footballers and drink drivers who cause fatal accidents guys. Haven’t they suffered enough.

The real villains are the ones who gently mock Rooney's ageing and previous misdemeanours with older women. The most vomit inducing thing of all though is revisiting classic premier league matches. 

Well, Greenwood has now been suspended by Manchester United and arrested on suspicion of rape and GBH so it’s gone criminal now.  

Her dad is a shitbag if his stance is to see Greenwood as a meal ticket.  I’d rather my daughter be penniless and safe than in the arms of a wealthy abuser.   

wow :blink: (i'd not heard about this)

Rayo Vallecano has defended its decision to hire disgraced coach Carlos Santiso to take charge of its women’s team, despite being aware of a leaked recording in which he encourages his staff to find a girl to gang-rape to help team bonding.

Santiso was hired by Rayo on Friday even though he had been forced to resign from his job with the Madrid representative under-12s team in November following the leaking of a voice note sent to his coaching staff. Rayo are based in Madrid and the women’s team plays in the Primera División.

In the recording, which the Guardian has heard, Santiso tells his staff: “This staff is incredible, but there are things we still lack, that we still need. We still need, I still say it, to do something like what those from Arandina did, man,” he added, in reference to three footballers from the Spanish third division team Arandina CF who were each sentenced to 38 years in prison for the gang-rape of a 15-year-old girl in 2017.

He continued: “We need to grab a girl, but overage so we don’t get ourselves into trouble, and to [cargarnosla – which doesn’t translate directly but broadly means to ‘screw her’] there all together. That’s what really brings a staff, a team together. Look at the Arandina lot: they went straight up.” Despite a backlash from fan groups, the club has said it does not intend to take action against Santiso or reverse the hire.

Santiso confirmed that the message was real, according to the Spanish radio station Cadena SER, but claimed it was “an informal chat among friends”. Cadena SER also spoke to the Rayo Vallecano president, Raúl Martín Presa, who told them that he would not be drawn into the issue and would not be pushed into sacking his new coach. “We sign professionals, not people here,” he is quoted as saying.

The Federation of Rayo Vallecano supporters’ clubs has demanded the club gets rid of Santiso and accused the president of “crossing another red line.” A statement read: “For Carlos Santiso, sexually abusing a girl is what really unites a team. We cannot allow a person with such grave thoughts in their head to sit on the bench and represent Rayo Vallecano.”

Fans’ group Plataforma ADRV referred to Santiso as a “degenerate misogynist” who “does not represent the values of [Rayo] and we hope he will be sacked and no longer sully the name of our club.” A banner was put up at the club’s training ground declaring: “Respect for women: Santiso out of Vallecas.”

16 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Well, Greenwood has now been suspended by Manchester United and arrested on suspicion of rape and GBH so it’s gone criminal now.  

Her dad is a shitbag if his stance is to see Greenwood as a meal ticket.  I’d rather my daughter be penniless and safe than in the arms of a wealthy abuser.   

I've seen no other verification that that's what he actually said. Hopefully he didn't - it's unlikely that he sees Greenwood as a 'meal ticket', given that the father apparently lives in a £1 million house in a leafy village.

Did Eriksen ever work with Thomas Frank in the Danish international youth teams?   Frank was U16-U19 coach from 2008-2013, which meant he would have been with players born in the early 1990s when they were teenagers and Eriksen fits that demographic, but he was fast tracked to the first XI because he was so good.  Their paths must have crossed at some point, surely? 

Everton looking likely to buy Dele Ali… you’d have thought they’d be swerving away from the types of transfers that has characterised them in recent years; taking on another big club player deemed past their best/not good enough. 

Will Ali succeed where Iwobi/Walcott/Rodríguez/Delph have failed?