Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

We will see what's happens now and  last night is an exception, but money spto being replays with fresh legs are likely to have been better for Plymouth and Kidderminster than trying to somehow get in front or hold out for penalties against players likely to be fitter.

Lower league teams should be compensated by the PL sides if they earn what would traditionally have been a replay, as it seems unfair to me they should be finacially penalised for a decision albeit caused by the Pandemic which has been introduced for the benefit of the PL teams.

2 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

Fuck off West Ham.

Fuck off Chelsea. Immensely proud of our performance. Without Covid that's a replay. It should've been a penalty shootout :(

Our keeper Mike Cooper was fantastic. It's a shame both our normal penalty takers were subbed. In front of the green army too. Arggggh. 

FB_IMG_1644079416030.jpg.a5252dcf986e68bdaa3ffa40bb74b0ba.jpg

:wub:

Spoiler

:omg: 

Certainly not an evening for fine football. Jesus Christ. Why were Watford wasting time with that free kick with 30 seconds left? I know it's been what seems like decades since our last clean sheet but if ever there was a time to go hell for leather that was it. 

32 minutes ago, Herbalizer said:

This isnt the same Cooper that managed us, we were boring and negative and relied on Ayew.  Looks like he has learned and adapted, sign of a good manager.

Probably the fact he has a better, more able squad.

21 hours ago, Plissken said:

The Championship awaits!

That antivaxxer striker you signed might still get you out of trouble.  For some reason I'm going to see Brighton vs Burnley in a couple of weeks.  I don't support either team, and don't live anywhere near Brighton, but it'll be my first live match since before the pandemic so I'm excited.  The sheer contrast of the two sets of supporters should be entertaining.

That fourth goal was crucial in my opinion.  If Leicester had scored next, you'd have fancied them to go on and win it, even despite how dominant Forest have been.  As it is, now Forest look much more likely to add to their lead.

There's been something to enjoy in each goal, as well.  Zinckernagel scoring with the upper part of his shin, Johnson cooly putting the ball through the keeper's legs, Worrall's amazingly ugly diving header, the madness of Samba and the involvement of a random pigeon, and a classic toe-poke from Spence.

18 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

That antivaxxer striker you signed might still get you out of trouble.  For some reason I'm going to see Brighton vs Burnley in a couple of weeks.  I don't support either team, and don't live anywhere near Brighton, but it'll be my first live match since before the pandemic so I'm excited.  The sheer contrast of the two sets of supporters should be entertaining.

Amazingly we're only three points from safety but... no.  Honestly, no.  There is zero creativity in midfield.  Absolutely none.  We have zero goals form midifield and, i think, three assists. Our second top scorer is Ben Mee with two.

I genuinely think you can stay up with 30 points this year.