Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

3 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

2-1! shows what you know! :) 

Leeds are getting in at will and nearly score with every attack.

Great game for the neutral. Horrific if you're a Villa fan.

3 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

It's a good point if the cat was being racist.

Nah, he's bang on and you're wrong here. He's pointing out the hypocrisy and absurdity of the whole situation. You have convicted drunk drivers, partner abusers, rapists and racists and they've not received anywhere near the vitriol that Zouma is getting. Zouma is a twat for doing what he did and I hope one of the animal charities (I don't like the RSPCA because they seem to give the barest shit about animals) brings a case against him and he gets prosecuted and banned from having pets.

The fact that Collymore and O'Hara, two people convicted of assault are condemning  someone of slapping a cat is beyond parody.

I would agree all of those crimes should recieve more attention, it just screamed deflection to me, I don't think the two things are comparable it's it's odd to even try.

Looks bad to me, and I think the club have done a poor job this week.

The club, not the West Ham fans to be clear.

1 minute ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

I would agree all of those crimes should recieve more attention, it just screamed deflection to me, I don't think the two things are comparable it's it's odd to even try.

Looks bad to me, and I think the club have done a poor job this week.

The club, not the West Ham fans to be clear.

I would guess he's bringing up racism due to A: - being black and I would hazard a guess that he's exposed to racism daily in one form or another B: - Chris Kirkland making headlines saying that slapping an animal is worse than racism and C : - the usually soft punishments meted out to racists.

It's not an apples to apples comparison, it's pointing out the fact that a  lot of shit goes down that provokes nary a wisp of the furore this has and the rampant hypocrisy of it all; see Adidas revoking their sponsorship of him (as is their right to do) due to this but continuing to be heavily involved in a World Cup where hundreds of - let's be honest, slaves - have died (not even going into the repressive regimes other edits about 'non conventional' lifestyles. 

I agree the club have been poor but then that's the club all over TBH.

15 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Nah, he's bang on and you're wrong here. He's pointing out the hypocrisy and absurdity of the whole situation. You have convicted drunk drivers, partner abusers, rapists and racists and they've not received anywhere near the vitriol that Zouma is getting. Zouma is a twat for doing what he did and I hope one of the animal charities (I don't like the RSPCA because they seem to give the barest shit about animals) brings a case against him and he gets prosecuted and banned from having pets.

The fact that Collymore and O'Hara, two people convicted of assault are condemning  someone of slapping a cat is beyond parody.

In doing so he is also being a hypocrite as players are in the public eye so any law breaking should be held to a higher account than the average person. Comparing one crime to another is for courts and the FA not football players backing their team mates.

’Slapping a cat’ is hardly what happened and seems to be underselling the actions of your star player esp when wasnt Collymore cleared of the allegations against him.