IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Celtic were dire tonight but equally, Bodo/Glimt are a very decent side who totally schooled us tactically. Dispassionately it was an interesting game to be at because it was two sides with very similar tactical ideals (Glimt did it better).

24 minutes ago, glb said:

Bodoe Glimt sounds like a useless Dutch fullback. Moved to West Ham for £2.4m in 1998, played twice then got sold to Lens for £300k.

I always had Bodo/Glimt filed away in my brain as a rare Underworld EP that was only available on 12” vinyl import.  

I like how they sound like some sort of conceptual artist who’s collaborated with a pair of jeans or something.

I legit had never heard of them til Celtic drew with them, but fair play they’re the Norwegian champions. I hear their manager is some hot shot up and comer boy, coming to a Premiership or hipster Bundesliga club near you SOON no doubt. Not that the Bundesliga is any mark of quality these days :coffee: 

1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:

I like how they sound like some sort of conceptual artist who’s collaborated with a pair of jeans or something.

I legit had never heard of them til Celtic drew with them, but fair play they’re the Norwegian champions. I hear their manager is some hot shot up and comer boy, coming to a Premiership or hipster Bundesliga club near you SOON no doubt. Not that the Bundesliga is any mark of quality these days :coffee: 

He's definitely a good manager, bit of a tactical masterclass tonight and from what I have read he keeps finding players rejected by other Norwegian clubs and turning them into quality.

I think I was attempting to predict another example of trending patter, along the lines of “Dortmund aren’t the side they used to be.” It has applied to every team we’ve beaten in Europe for the past 3 seasons or more 🤔 Particularly applicable to any sides that had been predicted to put 3 or 4 goals past us whenever the draw was made 🙃

Dortmund are a weird side really, some class players surrounded by utter guff like Witsel, Brandt and Zagadou. You can see that in their wildly inconsistent results when Haaland isn't there.

Still a brilliant result for the zombies no doubt.

11 hours ago, deerokus said:

Dortmund are a weird side really, some class players surrounded by utter guff like Witsel, Brandt and Zagadou. You can see that in their wildly inconsistent results when Haaland isn't there.

Still a brilliant result for the zombies no doubt.

If I was a chairman, I'd sign him just for the chants.

Black-Lace-2.jpg.8801e28ab99ea4f45044bf96eaf40d93.jpg

Fulham are 0-2 down at half time. Thanks for basically ruining my accumulator before any of the others kick off :hmm:

On 06/02/2022 at 17:17, feltmonkey said:

That antivaxxer striker you signed might still get you out of trouble.  For some reason I'm going to see Brighton vs Burnley in a couple of weeks.  I don't support either team, and don't live anywhere near Brighton, but it'll be my first live match since before the pandemic so I'm excited.  The sheer contrast of the two sets of supporters should be entertaining.

As it happens, I'm not at the Wizarding World of Graham Potter watching the anti-vaxer striker getting Burnley out of trouble. I'm at home due to a positive Covid test. Fuck everything. :angry:

I wonder if seeing Lampard also losing games will make those Everton fans with the 'Welcome' banners start to think that, actually, it might just be the lack of quality in the squad that is a problem? 

Palace were dull as fuck today, 3 games now where (bar one worldie from Zaha) we've looked like we could play for 4 days without scoring.

Zaha seems like he might be a spent force, for a while now he's started to have negative effect on the attack (slows things down, then loses the ball immediately), and we have alternative options now, noone can work out why he's still getting picked at the moment.

Biggest difference today was Chelsea's (multi-millions driven) ability to pull a bit of quality out the bag.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Absolutely unacceptable. Gerrard should be on fucking thin ice, we're diabolical.

Didn’t Gerrard have you playing well initially? Or was that just the new manager bounce? While it’s obviously not a very high benchmark at the moment you didn’t look too bad in those two games against Manchester Utd.