Jump to content

Football Thread 2021/2022


Plissken
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

I can't imagine any situation where I'm with my mum and she's being attacked. I like how that corridor feels like being in a Nicolas Winding Refn film. 


The BBC say it’s in the back of the Manchester Arena at the Khan-Brook fight, rather than a nightclub 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the worst thing about getting beat Twitter's stupid non linear algorithm that insists on showing me random snippets of us getting beat commentary for the next two days? 

 

Once again it's the hope that kills you. I struggle to see where we're adding points any time soon. We've no defence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kensei said:

 

Once again it's the hope that kills you. I struggle to see where we're adding points any time soon. We've no defence.

We’re playing you soon. With the state of both defences I’m looking forward to a 14-14 humdinger. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

 

Looks like both the first and third goals are with the right foot, though it's possible the third goal comes off the standing leg. 

 

Angles! I need angles!


Third spills off her left as far as I can see:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Delighted with Wolves yesterday - I didn't think we were particularly good, yet we still managed to win.  It's a good sign when you win despite not being at our best.  We didn't really create too much but 2 lovely goals got the job done.  Crucially, we have a fully fit squad for the first time this season - Pedro Neto is back which is a massive boost for us.

 

2 MASSIVE games in London coming up this week - Arsenal followed by West Ham.  Unlikely I know, but if we could somehow get 4 points from those....  

 

TBH I'd be absolutely made up with 7th place - anything more than that is more than I could ever have hoped for.  Bruno Lage is doing an incredible job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Delighted with Wolves yesterday - I didn't think we were particularly good, yet we still managed to win.  It's a good sign when you win despite not being at our best.  We didn't really create too much but 2 lovely goals got the job done.  Crucially, we have a fully fit squad for the first time this season - Pedro Neto is back which is a massive boost for us.

 

2 MASSIVE games in London coming up this week - Arsenal followed by West Ham.  Unlikely I know, but if we could somehow get 4 points from those....  

 

TBH I'd be absolutely made up with 7th place - anything more than that is more than I could ever have hoped for.  Bruno Lage is doing an incredible job.

Ever heard of him before this?  Arsenal I think you’ve got them at the wrong time as they seem to be gelling now compared to earlier in the season.  Depends which West Ham turns up, but can see you getting at least a draw there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Ever heard of him before this?  Arsenal I think you’ve got them at the wrong time as they seem to be gelling now compared to earlier in the season.  Depends which West Ham turns up, but can see you getting at least a draw there. 

 

Lage?  Yeah, with the amount of links we've had to players in Portugal, I knew of him.  He was linked with Villa as well when Dean Smith was under a bit of pressure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku set a new Premier League record for the fewest touches from a player who's played a full 90 minutes since Opta began recording in 2003/04. The Belgian striker only managed seven touches in the 1-0 victory at Crystal Palace.

 

Finding this hard to believe really, no striker of a relegation side over the years has managed fewer than that? Or Benteke?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

 

 

Finding this hard to believe really, no striker of a relegation side over the years has managed fewer than that? Or Benteke?

2 in the first half apparently with one of them being the kick off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah and also the top comment on the video is 'He was offside for two touches making the ball retrospectively dead'.

 

Maybe Lukaku had a point about pining for Inter. Can't see him wanting to stay but i don't know how much is him and how much is the tactics. I didn't watch the game, i'd like monday night football or some pundits to go through what Chelsea are trying, or Tuchel in a press conference or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

Finding this hard to believe really, no striker of a relegation side over the years has managed fewer than that? Or Benteke?

 

Those strikers probably got more touches because they were back in the box heading crosses away or on the end of route one punts from the goalkeeper. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

Yeah and also the top comment on the video is 'He was offside for two touches making the ball retrospectively dead'.

 

Maybe Lukaku had a point about pining for Inter. Can't see him wanting to stay but i don't know how much is him and how much is the tactics. I didn't watch the game, i'd like monday night football or some pundits to go through what Chelsea are trying, or Tuchel in a press conference or something.

 

So out of those 7, 1 was the kick off and 2 were offside. Seems then that his current Wikipedia photo is him excitedly declaring the number of touches during open play that counted:

 

image.png.c51b8f011d78b0245339b8d36e4f9059.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.