IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

2 hours ago, layten said:

Some much from this pic.

My favourites are 'confused Velos' and 'people still do the knob head sign right' guy. :lol: 

I thought that was Rangnick at the bottom for a second there. 

There's something more disconcerting about the ones who are completely stone faced expression-less giving death stares, especially as you zoom in and scroll they're just suddenly there, looking out of place. 

14 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

I thought that was Rangnick at the bottom for a second there. 

There's something more disconcerting about the ones who are completely stone faced expression-less giving death stares, especially as you zoom in and scroll they're just suddenly there, looking out of place. 

It baffles me how grown men can’t handle their team losing or even conceding in a football game. You wonder how they manage to circumvent everyday life with such a lack of self control over the inevitable. 

2 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Reading have appointed Alex Rae as assistant manager?! Guy is a copper-bottom moron. They are doomed.

With Paul "The Guv'nor" Ince they surely can't fail

13 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Rae has been a pundit on Scottish football for years. One of the comedy shite ones who only appears on radio phone in shows because his opinions are that bad that people phone up to take the piss.

What next, someone taking on Alan Brazil as goalkeeping coach?

Can someone please, please, please explain to football commentators that Basketball isn't just fastbreak after fastbreak and to stop comparing that passage of play as Basketball. 

Yes I know it is pedantic, but it really annoys me. 

26 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Can someone please, please, please explain to football commentators that Basketball isn't just fastbreak after fastbreak and to stop comparing that passage of play as Basketball. 

Yes I know it is pedantic, but it really annoys me. 

It is a lot more end to end than football thought isn’t it? Which is usually the point. 

19 hours ago, Timmo said:

Where did they dig him up from?! Classic Ince hubris quote from after last night's game:

"I'm 54, it's not like I'm 84. It's not as if you forget to ride a bike - I know how to manage, I've done it before. My CV is as good as anyone's".

Really

I know “Spursy” means many things to many people, usually ranging from being quite good but never winning anything to being constantly disappointing, but getting beat by Burnley three days after completing a league double over Manchester City might just be the dictionary definition.  

Everyone will be shocked to know that Rangers' big signing of January, Aaron Ramsey, is out of their game against Dortmund.

So far he's only started one game, in the cup against Annan who play in the fourth tier. A really great signing that no one could have predicted being waste of time and money.

1 minute ago, Naysonymous said:

United punish Atleti for only being 1-0 up, but damn that was a soft goal to concede.  What happened to Athletico Madrid’s water tight defence? 

Oblak is having a really ropey season and his positioning there was a case in point. `Decent finish from Elanga and it's always nice to see the insufferable Atletico concede.

Mitrovic has scored his 32nd and 33rd goal this season. Fulham have 14 games left in the Championship and he's broken the record set by Ivan Toney last season. 

That's ridiculous and Fulham have goal difference of +52.

The gulf between the Premier League and The Championship is enormous. We all know Fulham will get relegated next season or be close to the bottom three at least.

Think we'll be hitting the relegation zone in the next few weeks. Spurs are going to be very keen to make a statement after the Burnley result and we are incredibly leaky.

Not buying in January is looking an increasingly stupid decision. Maybe Philip's return might bring some relief - he has always been really important to the side, but he's probably not fit to April.

Just hasn't worked this season. We'll be lucky to escape.

The Plant-based Pirlo, there.

I’ve no idea what happened but Brownhill has turned from a decent Championship level midfielder into the second coming of Paul Scholes. Maybe it’s as simple as him finally believing he is capable of cutting it in the Premier League.

9 hours ago, kensei said:

Think we'll be hitting the relegation zone in the next few weeks. Spurs are going to be very keen to make a statement after the Burnley result and we are incredibly leaky.

Not buying in January is looking an increasingly stupid decision. Maybe Philip's return might bring some relief - he has always been really important to the side, but he's probably not fit to April.

Just hasn't worked this season. We'll be lucky to escape.

Yeah, I'm really worried now. You expect to get beaten by Liverpool but not like that. Injuries play a part but that just wasn't good enough. At least we showed a bit of fight against Man U. 

I said never write off Burnley up thread somewhere. Them and Newcastle are starting to look more likely than us to escape. 

6 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just seen that Mark Hughes has been appointed manager at Bradford City

Paul Ince back in management too. The long awaited return of Alan Curbishley is imminent!

Just needed Roy Keane to agree to the Sunderland job for the full set of ex United legends. As much as i enjoy Keane as a pundit and would miss his rage on the tv, he was surprisingly honest in the walking through the woods Gary Neville interview where they talked about his perception and him desperate to return to management but not being given a chance, probably jeopardising it by playing up to his character on tv. Sort of felt sorry for him as much as anyone can when it's hard to forget him trying to end Haaland's career.

If Everton get relegated under Lampard will that be it for his management career? Other managers have just disappeared without a potentially historic failure like that. 

Someone will take a punt on Lampard if he goes down with Everton.  He's probably got five years of Championship clubs thinking that he'd probably be able to get them promoted just by getting loan players in from Chelsea.   I just can't see Everton going down, even though their fixtures look kinda rough over the next few weeks.