Jump to content

Football Thread 2021/2022


Plissken
 Share

Recommended Posts

Fuck them. Their fans sang 'Sign On Sign On' whilst waving £20 notes. 

 

That amongst many other things (like the reactions and chanting recently) mean any sympathy I may have had is gone. 

 

The club can get to fuck too taking about sporting integrity and trying to punish other teams. 

 

Do to them and their bent money what the SFA did to Rangers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Chelsea fans who keep saying things like 'its unfair to punish the fans' - don't seem to realise they have been unfairly rewarded since Abramovich took over. I hope the FA don't capitulate - but this is the FA we are talking about...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s such a bizarre request by Chelsea.

 

Like if the game was at Stamford Bridge and TV scheduled it a time that made it impossible for Boro fans to get there or back due to no trains and some major sort of motorway closure for overnight roadworks would they ask for it to be behind closed doors as the away fans would struggle to sell their allocation?

 

Fuck knows what happens if they go through though as the FA won’t want a half empty Wembley for the semi final.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not like no Chelsea fans can go, I believe that anyone that brought tickets before the sanctions where put in place can still go. its just that since the sanctions new sales can't be made, same as there last home game. 

 

Sporting integrity though. I mean fucking talk about lack of self awareness. They wonder why people hate them.

 

Also...

 

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/a-statement-from-middlesbrough-fc

Quote

 

We are aware of Chelsea's request to have Saturday's Emirates FA Cup sixth round tie played behind closed doors and find their suggestion both bizarre and without any merit whatsoever.

All concerned are well aware of the reasons Chelsea have been sanctioned and that this has nothing to do with Middlesbrough Football Club.

To suggest as result that MFC and our fans should be penalised is not only grossly unfair but without any foundation.

Given the reasons for these sanctions, for Chelsea to seek to invoke sporting "integrity" as reason for the game being played behind closed doors is ironic in the extreme.

We currently await formal notification from the FA of the next steps but rest assured MFC will resist Chelsea's actions in the strongest terms.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Four year deal worth £235 million. 

 

 

If they can rename the Camp Nou even before its redevelopment then I guess that means the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge are all fair game now as well right? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bear said:

 

Four year deal worth £235 million. 

 

 

If they can rename the Camp Nou even before its redevelopment then I guess that means the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge are all fair game now as well right? 

 


Im surprised more clubs haven’t done it yet, given the market is wide open to abuse in terms of naming a price.

 

Everton have even sold the option for a first refusal on the naming rights to their proposed new stadium. Clearly a workaround of rules to inject funds into the club but fair play to them for finding a new loophole I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Atletico Madrid’s shithousing is a lot more entertaining when it isn’t against your team. Extra points for the subs getting in the way of throw ins and corners as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paul Scholes looks and sounds like someone who has just been told his favourite foot worship streamer won't be in for a few weeks on Onlyfans. 

 

Also he really is living in a dream world of he thinks United can get any manager they want now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bradigor said:

Scholes is really living in a dream world if he thinks United can get any manager they want now.

 

He said anyone except Klopp and Guardiola. Of course they can, why not? Conte wanted it, Pochettino and Ten Hag are interested, that's 3 top coaches already. Tuchel would take it if sacked. The only ones who won't are those not interested in the premier league, moving to England like Zidane and Simeone. No top manager who has confidence in his abilities is thinking the job is beyond them, they'll be financially backed and there's been enough distance since Ferguson now, to get United back to winning is massively appealing.

 

It was always apparently Guardiola's dream to experience Man United and managing Brazil. If United pursued him, he would have taken it. Same with Klopp. Also Mourinho apparently cried when he was overlooked and they hired Moyes. The history of the club isn't lost on managers, who if are paid highly enough will take almost anything anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, bradigor said:

Paul Scholes looks and sounds like someone who has just been told his favourite foot worship streamer won't be in for a few weeks on Onlyfans. 

 

Also he really is living in a dream world of he thinks United can get any manager they want now.

 

He probably had a bet on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bear said:
If they can rename the Camp Nou even before its redevelopment then I guess that means the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge are all fair game now as well right? 

 

 

Putin's Bridge. Very apt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

 

He said anyone except Klopp and Guardiola. Of course they can, why not? Conte wanted it, Pochettino and Ten Hag are interested, that's 3 top coaches already. Tuchel would take it if sacked. The only ones who won't are those not interested in the premier league, moving to England like Zidane and Simeone. No top manager who has confidence in his abilities is thinking the job is beyond them, they'll be financially backed and there's been enough distance since Ferguson now, to get United back to winning is massively appealing.

 

It was always apparently Guardiola's dream to experience Man United and managing Brazil. If United pursued him, he would have taken it. Same with Klopp. Also Mourinho apparently cried when he was overlooked and they hired Moyes. The history of the club isn't lost on managers, who if are paid highly enough will take almost anything anyway. 

 

Alright there scholesy, calm down...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm alone with this viewpoint but the Man Utd  job seems like a no-lose prospect at this point for a manager who already has a decent reputation built up. If you go there you'll be well paid and its still one of the wealthiest clubs in the world so you'd be certain to get a good amount of financial backing to get them going in the right direction. Realistically you wouldn't be expected to challenge for the title for a few years either. 

 

If you go there and fail miserably then you'll still get a big payoff plus the idea that the club is a bit of a basket case and the players are a shower of lazy wasters is so well established at this point your reputation won't take a hit.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forgot Juve were playing tonight until just now. Seeing them get royally humped is a great pleasure. Fuck them, fuck their PEDs, fuck their match fixing and financial doping and fuck their super league.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know Juventus ain't what they used to be but Villarreal are a total miracle in football terms. 2 ex Watford players, 2 players deemed surplus to requirements by Spurs in recent months (including Serge bloody Aurier) and Danjuma who was playing in the championship in August. Staggering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Southgate drops Sancho and Rashford on competition and form basis, but picks Maguire over Tomori, who has been peerless for AC Milan. Makes total sense. 
 

Cynicism aside, I think Southgate is playing that supportive role he excels at; knows Maguire is struggling and selects him to help his confidence. If he plays him, I think Maguire will repay him with a decent performance. Hope he regains his form. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.