IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

A couple of designers look at some classic football kits. Very interesting, both the guys have designed kits worn by World Cup winning sides, and one is a Villa fan so bonus points there. Well worth a watch.

They actually run a course on this kind of stuff though might be useful to people looking to get into the garment design industry, particularly the sports wear world.

I’m so fucking tired of managers moaning. Now Lampard is going on about a fixture pileup. First off, everyone has it - especially with the Covid situation and second, tonight’s game is rescheduled precisely because Everton called it off because they had a load of injuries, sorry, curiously timed Covid outbreak.

My favourite quote from that moan was 

It is definitely a disadvantage. Whether it plays out on the pitch we have to contest against that, but I think the turnaround, especially to Manchester United on Saturday lunchtime after playing Burnley on the Wednesday night, will be a tough one. We will do everything we can to recover. We are fortunate we have a great staff, a great medical team, and a squad to choose from.

Digging away at his squad again, will he ever learn?

On 04/04/2022 at 22:22, skadupuk said:

I've had worse Monday nights...

Celebrating in style!

20220404_221758.jpg

How’d you find an empty train out of Selhurst?!

1 hour ago, glb said:

How’d you find an empty train out of Selhurst?!

We've worked out that the walk to Thornton Heath is the same as to Selhurst from where we are (Main Stand) and hardly anyone heads there, so now go up there and get on an empty train before the bulk of people jump on at Selhurst.

There's also shops to buy cheap lager on the way!

6 hours ago, Plissken said:

I’m so fucking tired of managers moaning. Now Lampard is going on about a fixture pileup. First off, everyone has it - especially with the Covid situation and second, tonight’s game is rescheduled precisely because Everton called it off because they had a load of injuries, sorry, curiously timed Covid outbreak.

or the players wanted Christmas off…

7 hours ago, Plissken said:

Arteta was at it the other week.  After playing about 3 games in a month.  How does he think it’ll work if they do get back in to Europe?

Just now, davidcotton said:

Arteta was at it the other week.  After playing about 3 games in a month.  How does he think it’ll work if they do get back in to Europe?

We've potentially got 9 games in April. 

I'm sure Lampard and Arteta world like to be in our position than theirs. 

Yes yes, I know Klopp has been known to bring up fixture congestion.

Villa got two penalties away at Fulham in the space of five minutes (quite) a few years ago.   Obviously we missed both of them, conceded a last minute equaliser and had the manager throw Juan Pablo Angel under the bus in the post game press conference.     Still not as annoying as if Everton fucking win tonight.