Jump to content

Football Thread 2021/2022


Plissken
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Danster said:

Weak red card. This ref has been a bit naff.

 

A bit? This is the ref that Bellingham scolded due to him having been involved in match fixing before. How he's still reffing I have no idea. Twice now he's stopped play due to a Lyon player staying down after a 'foul' and neither of them were head injuries.

 

We'll do well to keep it level but I feel a 0-2 loss coming up. We've not been good regardless, carrying too many players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scruff said:

This is the ref that Bellingham scolded due to him having been involved in match fixing before

Didn't know that. That paints a very different picture. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/04/2022 at 22:40, layten said:

Apart from Everton fans, is there anyone who doesn't find the prospect of ol' Frank relegating them hilarious? :lol: 

Turns out the Utd players can be added to that list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/04/2022 at 10:17, feltmonkey said:

There was a time when if a team was struggling and starting to sink, and they looked at the fixture list and saw Manchester United next up, they would despair.  I reckon these days it gives them hope.  It might be the easiest game in their run-in.

 

Spot on!

 

"Lads, it's Man U"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not to be talked about in the press, but outside of the top three, this years Premier League is very low quality.  Of the pretenders to the last CL place, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham are absolutely not very good.  Man United are barely a team, Spurs are Spurs and Arsenal are more lightweight than a carrier bag in a breeze. The fact that no other team can get a sniff of fourth place is very carefully not talked about in case it reveals some truths about how the PL works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Arsenal really want to want to gift-wrap 4th for Tottenham, don't they?

We lost the one player who is pretty much irreplaceable in the way we play, Partay. Hard to see us finish in the top 6 now. Doing no transfer business at Christmas was a massive risk that isn’t working out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

We lost the one player who is pretty much irreplaceable in the way we play, Partay. Hard to see us finish in the top 6 now. Doing no transfer business at Christmas was a massive risk that isn’t working out. 

I thought everybody hated him last season and a lot of this season too (from my occasional dips into the Arsenal thread)? Is he actually playing well now?

 

3 minutes ago, Plissken said:

It's not to be talked about in the press, but outside of the top three, this years Premier League is very low quality.  Of the pretenders to the last CL place, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham are absolutely not very good.  Man United are barely a team, Spurs are Spurs and Arsenal are more lightweight than a carrier bag in a breeze. The fact that no other team can get a sniff of fourth place is very carefully not talked about in case it reveals some truths about how the PL works.

West Ham still have an outside chance, though I think they'll run out of steam before the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

I thought everybody hated him last season and a lot of this season too (from my occasional dips into the Arsenal thread)? Is he actually playing well now?


He got sent off in his first match back from Afcon. But since then he’s been one of our best players along with Saka and Odegard. The stats are hard to dispute - 66% win rate when he’s in the team, 30-ish% when he’s not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Plissken said:

 The fact that no other team can get a sniff of fourth place is very carefully not talked about in case it reveals some truths about how the PL works.

 

:hmm:

 

I don't expect us to get it but we've been around it all season, give or take. Not bad considering we don't buy players and we've had two games a week for pretty much the whole season compared to Arsenal (not even counting their poor injury I mean suspensions I mean covid troubles).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.