Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

I was about to post that Liverpool are done here, then they concede. You feel it coming.

It's not their fault. They are still tin-pot compared to the corrupt billions Man City have washed through to build their dynasty.

Liverpool can't beat that, and they never will. Klopp has worked miracles, but even Jesus ended up on the losing side.

I can't see anyone else touching City for quite a while, it's impossible to compete.

20 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

About as relevant as Norwich being current league champions 😂

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse performance by any team ever than Burnley today - how can you fuck up hoof the ball to the tall man’s so badly, even the ref was on their side and they couldn’t mount any danger 😱

Only downside is it effectively gives Everton a chance of staying up - good job they aren’t playing Man U for the rest of the season.

Mate, you said Chelsea had failed. How can they have failed when they are European Champions? The competition that most teams really want to win more than anything else. 

5 minutes ago, Hamus said:

I was about to post that Liverpool are done here, then they concede. You feel it coming.

It's not their fault. They are still tin-pot compared to the corrupt billions Man City have washed through to build their dynasty.

Liverpool can't beat that, and they never will. Klopp has worked miracles, but even Jesus ended up on the losing side.

I can't see anyone else touching City for quite a while, it's impossible to compete.

But Jesus is on the winning side?

3 minutes ago, sith said:

Mate, you said Chelsea had failed. How can they have failed when they are European Champions? The competition that most teams really want to win more than anything else. 

We are having a discussion about the disparity between the top two this season, should they win it this season your point will be valid….

City bring on their leading scorer in Mahrez and can also pull out a £100m signing in Grealish.

It's a surprise City ever lose. As it stands with this squad they should be doing the Treble.

Liverpool were more Burnley than Burnley were today - kicking lumps out of City and should have had at least one sent off.

Man city should have won that conformably but given they didn’t and have plenty of games they don’t win or kill your have to say Liverpool are still in the race.

19 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Liverpool were more Burnley than Burnley were today - kicking lumps out of City and should have had at least one sent off.

Man city should have won that conformably but given they didn’t and have plenty of games they don’t win or kill your have to say Liverpool are still in the race.

Weird take that, I thought it was a great game, City were much better than us in first half, 'kicking lumps out of City', Really?

1 hour ago, JamesTW said:

Weird take that, I thought it was a great game, City were much better than us in first half, 'kicking lumps out of City', Really?

shimmyhill is a bitter weirdo, probably doesn’t have a great home life

10 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

What a idiotic thing to say tho - you’re the worst ‘fan’ on the forum and painfully unfunny with your persona - Well I hope it’s still the persona of a 13 year old keyboard warrior and you’re not such a toxic idiot in real life infecting all that are around you.

Oops sorry touched a nerve, hope you enjoyed the game anyway pal x

FIFA+ launched today. A free streaming service. Documentaries, talk shows, footballers barber, archive games and live games from perhaps lesser known competitions.

https://deadline.com/2022/04/soccer-body-fifa-kicks-off-global-streaming-service-fifa-plus-fulwell-73-series-live-matches-ronaldinho-doc-1235000534/

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/home

At launch, its line-up will include

Captains: Season 1, which is an eight-part series from Sunderland ’Til I Die producer Fulwell 73 that follows eight international captains (Croatia’s Luka Modrić, Gabon’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Vanuatu’s Brian Kaltak, Jamaica’s Andre Blake, Lebanon’s Hassan Maatouk and Brazil’s Thiago Silva) leading their teams through qualification for December’s Qatar World Cup 2022.

Ronaldinho: The Happiest Man in the World, a 90-minute film from directors Stuart and Andrew Douglas, producer Bernie Goldmann and Simon Horsman and Jeffrey Soros of the Los Angeles Media Fund about the dramatic rise and then unexpectedly fast decline of the Brazilian attacking midfield legend, who is considered one of entertaining and talented players of all time. Current soccer superstar Lionel Messi is among the contributors.

Croatia: Defining a Nation, a feature-length doc from Louis Myles (Liverpool FC: The 30-Year Wait) about how soccer has united the nation, which was losing finalist in the 2018 World Cup, and how a group of friends from the nation became global stars in the face of extreme adversity.

HD Cutz is an eight-part series from MOTIF Pictures and Fever Media and sees barber to the stars Sheldon Edwards talking to the likes of Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba and Chelsea defender Antonio Rüdiger over a trim.

Dani Crazy Dream follows Brazilian defender Dani Alves – soccer’s most decorated player ever – as he tries to make the World Cup 2022 squad. Alves’ Maracanã Media produces the six-part show.

Golden Boot is a 4×48-minutes show from Goalhanger Films (Wayne Rooney: The Man Behind the Goals) and sees company owner Lineker interviewing the likes of Brazilian great Ronaldo

Icons, a five-part docuseries about five gam-changing women players (Wendie Renard, Lucy Bronze, Asisat  Oshoala, Carli Lloyd and Sam Kerr) and is from Finding Jack Charlton producer Noah Media Group.

Academies is a three-part show from Shoot the Company about RSC Anderlecht’s youth development operation. Further series will focus on different teams.

2 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Good lord Chelsea. Turning it round with a vengeance.  Should be 3-0, but one of those VAR moments.  I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have been handball had Alonso been defending, right? 

It's hard to say. It's daft that if he had done exactly the same but someone else scored the goal then it would have counted. Ah well - it's Chelsea so I'm glad it was ruled out. 

20 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Chelsea have been absolutely fantastic tonight. They are gonna kick themselves if they go out.  

WTF ??? I looked at 77 and t was 0-3, figured the game was put to bed, not so it would appear!