IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

At Wembley teaching the kids that disappointment doesn't have to be cheap.

I'm just drinking the World's Greatest Pint of Budweiser, at least I assume it is, being it was £6 fucking 85...

20220417_152739.jpg

5 minutes ago, ryodi said:

All those empty Club Wembley seats in prime position in front of the cameras isn’t a great look for the FA Cup.

Hard to argue that they made a bad decision to not come so far.

24 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Told you. Bad things don’t happen to people like Frank Lampard, no matter how much they deserve to.

Relegation or not, he's rubbish and will get sacked next season

He’ll be an Everton legend by that posing due to saving them from a relegation Rafa was condemning them to even though when he was sacked they were five points clear on 18th with a game in hand. 

I see ITV still can’t show live sport without issues, after the goal their broadcast cut to The Lion King twice. 

22 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Well, it’s depressingly predictable. Chelsea have real quality, Palace have midfielders who head the ball over the bar when presented with an open goal six yards out.   

He's a center back not a midfielder.

That's one of our worst performances this season, no argument on the outcome, but Chelsea hardly set the pitch aflame with their dazzling skills.

It was a terrible miss.  Those are the chances that define a season.  

I really wanted Palace to win. I’m fucking sick of seeing Chelsea in the cup final, they must have been in half of all FA Cup finals payed since Abramovich took over. 

Crap Semi Final today really - at least with Liverpool vs Chelsea in the final it will give me a few hours back on cup final day when I won't bother to watch it - would rather have rooted for the underdog Palace for this one.

A Palace mate offered me a ticket for today. Not many thoughts on the game, just wanted to doff my cap to Palace’s fans. Their end was a wall of noise, even when behind. They deserved better than they got today, and would have made for a far more interesting final. Oh well.

BDF5ADBA-EA19-457E-909D-95EABFC891AB.jpeg

I hate to admit it but Palace fans have always been great in that regard. Watford's 2013 playoff final against them was bad enough on the pitch but their fans really put us to shame. A proper organised singing section behind the goal just didn't stop bouncing the whole game while our lot struggled to get a repeat of 'come on Watford'. Before the next season started we had a fan group of our own and they have totally transformed the place. 

24 minutes ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

I hate to admit it but Palace fans have always been great in that regard. Watford's 2013 playoff final against them was bad enough on the pitch but their fans really put us to shame. A proper organised singing section behind the goal just didn't stop bouncing the whole game while our lot struggled to get a repeat of 'come on Watford'. Before the next season started we had a fan group of our own and they have totally transformed the place. 

At least Watford turned that into a positive.

Loudest Chelsea’s end got was to fart out one of the most generic chants in football, ‘you’re not singing any more’.

Yeah, well done lads, you’re a goal up against massive underdogs. Bunch of meffs.

10 hours ago, Timmo said:

That Arsenal pen not being overturned after a VAR review is the worst decision I've seen this season.

Nothing is worse than the blatant handball in the Man City/Everton game being waved away by VAR.

Obviously I'm a little bias in that decision but it was an utter farce.

40 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Not sure what is wrong with the decision. No intent to play the ball, not even facing it. Clear obstruction.

Think it’s the “they haven’t been given before, so why now?” bit more than anything.  Looked more like a wrestling hold than marking.