IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

15 hours ago, glb said:

4th/5th and 6th/7th are self-contained mini battles.

Yes, Spurs had guaranteed ‘at least’ 5th before the Arsenal game. However, both Spurs and Arsenal can still overtake Chelsea if they both win the last two games and Chelsea lose them. Unlikely, but possible.

Good result for Forest in the biggest game of the day.  They were dominant in the first half, but only going in 1-0 up was a worry.  Then Sheffield United were well on top in the second half, before Forest's second goal came against the run of play.  The injury time goal from Berge to make it 2-1 will be a bit deflating for Forest, but they would surely have taken a 2-1 win from the first leg, with their home leg to come.

I don't know if it's just me but for the second Wembley match on the BBC in a row the colour is really weird in the sunny areas. I keep getting surprised Diaz is collecting the ball as he appears to be momentarily bathed in the glow of a minor nuclear strike whenever he gets it.

So when it goes to penalties it basically boils down to the team with the fewest England Internationals on the pitch who win!!!!

Bodes well for the World Cup. :doh:

I would've preferred not to have gone through penalties of course and win it with a flukey goal or something, but obviously now I can relax and enjoy it!

9 minutes ago, fat flatulent git said:

First team ever to lose three consecutive FA Cup finals according to the Beeb.

Alan Shearer can finally pretend like 98 and 99 never happened to him

40 minutes ago, fat flatulent git said:

First team ever to lose three consecutive FA Cup finals according to the Beeb.

They've been in 12 finals in the last 25 years, winning 7.  That's more than every other club in the league who aren't called Arsenal, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Man Utd or Spurs have managed in their entire history.  I can't feel too sad for them. 

5 hours ago, Waggo said:

So when it goes to penalties it basically boils down to the team with the fewest England Internationals on the pitch who win!!!!

Bodes well for the World Cup. :doh:

But both teams had three England internationals on the pitch when it went to penalties.

The media, polititions, country are all up in arms over Liverpool booing William and the national anthem. :Lol: 

Maybe cover the constant Hillsborough and poverty mocking chants with as much gusto. 

5 minutes ago, bradigor said:

The media, polititions, country are all up in arms over Liverpool booing William and the national anthem. :Lol: 

Maybe cover the constant Hillsborough and poverty mocking chants with as much gusto. 

To be fair England are always respectful with every other countries anthem.

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Not a Liverpool fan by any stretch (ideal result yesterday would have been both teams losing) but fucking love the booing of the anthem and royals. Love the cognitive dissonance of "you must allow fans to boo players who take the knee" and "how dare fans boo the anthem and royals!"

Can always rely on the good people of Liverpool to lead the way with the correct political statements :)

It’s not that the Tories have a problem with booing a prince, it’s the fact that they were booing the one the doesn’t have a Black wife that is the issue.