IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

This is a really poor game. Fairly convinced that one of the players could take their boot off, smash an opposition player round the face with it and still not receive a yellow card. 

1 minute ago, Danster said:

Reckon that Frankfurt goalie is gonna be good at penalties....

He's been amazing all season, Rhind-Thutt on Football Weekly has been raving about him all through the Europa League. 

Absolutely ecstatic for Makoto Hasebe. Arguably the greatest Japanese player of all time. He is a master of the game and defied his critics to make it to the top. Supreme longevity and his game has changed so much over the years, from a number 10 to a ball playing sweeper. 

Probably his last game as a player too. 38 now and moving into a coaching role. 

Just now, nakamura said:

Absolutely ecstatic for Makoto Hasebe. Arguably the greatest Japanese player of all time. He is a master of the game and defied his critics to make it to the top. Supreme longevity and his game has changed so much over the years, from a number 10 to a ball playing sweeper. 

Probably his last game as a player too. 38 now and moving into a coaching role. 

I spent the whole game fuming that Kamada gets a game for Japan ahead of Reo Hatate (having never actually seen Kamada before 😂)

7 minutes ago, deerokus said:

I spent the whole game fuming that Kamada gets a game for Japan ahead of Reo Hatate (having never actually seen Kamada before 😂)

Kamada hasn't really featured much lately. He's a fantastic talent, Ozil like with his ability on the ball and fantastic passing range. Sadly, he doesn't put as much of a shift in and doesn't fit Japan's current style. 

Hatate might break into the 3 one day. But Endo is genuinely brilliant and Morita and Tanaka have more experience than him. 

Japan have a great squad. Except the strikers!

33 minutes ago, nakamura said:

Kamada hasn't really featured much lately. He's a fantastic talent, Ozil like with his ability on the ball and fantastic passing range. Sadly, he doesn't put as much of a shift in and doesn't fit Japan's current style. 

Hatate might break into the 3 one day. But Endo is genuinely brilliant and Morita and Tanaka have more experience than him. 

Japan have a great squad. Except the strikers!

Kyogo Furuhashi plays as a pure striker for Celtic and is probably the best we've had there since Henrik Larsson. But I get the impression he plays on the wing for Japan? He is bad there for us, much better as a centre forward

His movement is top class.

His second goal in this game is sensational, the run and the ice cold one touch no-look finish.

https://youtu.be/yv9zkp__9F8

13 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Kyogo Furuhashi plays as a pure striker for Celtic and is probably the best we've had there since Henrik Larsson. But I get the impression he plays on the wing for Japan? He is bad there for us, much better as a centre forward

His movement is top class.

One of his goals in this game is sensational. https://youtu.be/yv9zkp__9F8

Furuhashi is an excellent player for sure, I've been watching him improve for 4 years now. He's capable of scoring and should really be leading the line for Japan but sadly the coach likes to play a certain way. A way he does not really fit into at the moment. 

On the night , the better team won. 

Unfortunately.....when I wake up tomorrow, there's gonna be a million examples of fans being idiots. 

I grew up in Larkhall and the fuck out for good reason.

5 hours ago, Ry said:

On the night , the better team won. 

Unfortunately.....when I wake up tomorrow, there's gonna be a million examples of fans being idiots. 

I grew up in Larkhall and the fuck out for good reason.

I actually thought it was a relatively even match. Both teams had periods where they were dominant without actually creating much on target.  Both teams also had chances to win in extra time.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/19/man-admits-assault-on-footballer-billy-sharp-at-play-off-semi-final

A man has been jailed for 24 weeks after pleading guilty at Nottingham magistrates court to assaulting the Sheffield United captain, Billy Sharp, at Tuesday’s playoff semi-final at Nottingham Forest’s City Ground.

Robert Biggs, 30, from Ilkeston, Derbyshire, admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm. He was told that a charge of illegally entering the playing surface had been dropped.

He pled guilty but it’s amazing how quickly the justice system works when it’s a crime with lots of publicity. 

Glad he's got time, will be interesting to see what happens to the Sheffield United player who was filmed kicking a Forest fan

Be interesting where Ramsey ends up now.

The Bale to Cardiff rumours are swirling around again.  He is investing in bars/clubs in the City and brought a property here, but he's never shown any affliation to the club.

The rumour is he'll play for us for 3 months on a when he feels like it bassis if Wales are off to the World Cup so he can stay fit.  I can't see it - I reckon it might have some legs if we were in the Prem or at least a top 8 Championship club, but I Imagine he can easily find a Prem club that would have him as a handy player to bring off the bench for the first few months of the season.

Maybe we will get Bale and Ramsey in midfield alongside all the lower league players were are signing at the moment and we will storm to near the top of the Championship before they both get injured, miss out on the world cup and then we plummet back down the league.

1 hour ago, wev said:

Glad he's got time, will be interesting to see what happens to the Sheffield United player who was filmed kicking a Forest fan

I'm not sure anything will happen to Oli McBurnie, or that anything should.  The video isn't very clear - it could be him stamping on a Forest fan, or it could be him getting shoved from behind and  stumbling to step over or out of the way of him - he does have one leg in one of those boot casts, so he's unlikely to be very steady on his feet.  If it wasn't for the voice shouting, "That Sheffield United player just stamped on him!" you wouldn't necessarily see it that way.  McBurnie does have a history of acting like a fan (and a bit of a dickhead) but I don't think there's anything in this incident.