Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

3 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

Be interesting where Ramsey ends up now.

The Bale to Cardiff rumours are swirling around again.  He is investing in bars/clubs in the City and brought a property here, but he's never shown any affliation to the club.

The rumour is he'll play for us for 3 months on a when he feels like it bassis if Wales are off to the World Cup so he can stay fit.  I can't see it - I reckon it might have some legs if we were in the Prem or at least a top 8 Championship club, but I Imagine he can easily find a Prem club that would have him as a handy player to bring off the bench for the first few months of the season.

Maybe we will get Bale and Ramsey in midfield alongside all the lower league players were are signing at the moment and we will storm to near the top of the Championship before they both get injured, miss out on the world cup and then we plummet back down the league.

Isn't that the reason he wouldn't go to a PL club, he doesn't want to sit on the bench if he wants to be fit for the World Cup? 

I’ve always thought an international team could do well if they all signed for the same club team and had the same manager, they’d have a huge advantage of knowing the system together. I mean logistically it doesn’t really work. So yeah Cardiff/Wales should do that.

Didn’t the Qatar or Chinese national team join a random league in another country at some point? Rings a bell.

9 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

I'm just gonna shut up till full time. 

I feel like you really need Villa to score. Don’t want to be in the bottom 3 going into last day.

1 hour ago, skadupuk said:

Palace doing their best to give us a final day where they flick between (more than 2) games and the relegation picture changes with every goal.

After watching that I'm wondering what Palace's worst is.

Last day prediction time.

Will any of Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal and West Ham (in the thrilling battle for 6th) manage to leapfrog the teams just above them in Man City, Leeds, Spurs and Man U.

Im going to say no and there being barely any intrigue or drama in the 90 minutes.

City are going to be two goals up against Villa within 15 minutes and Leeds will be losing to Brentford at half time. The league table will be unchanged on the final day is my prediction. 

17 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Last day prediction time.

Will any of Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal and West Ham (in the thrilling battle for 6th) manage to leapfrog the teams just above them in Man City, Leeds, Spurs and Man U.

Im going to say no and there being barely any intrigue or drama in the 90 minutes.

Last day prediction: Man City will score within the first five minutes against Villa, and cruise to a win. There’s not a chance they drop points again given they’ve had a week to prepare and Villa played tonight.

Burnley draw with Howe-way the lads, Leeds fail to beat an energetic Brentford.

Brighton West Ham will probably finish something daft like 4-5 with both sets of fans having a splendid old time in the south coast sunshine.

1 hour ago, skadupuk said:

Fucking woeful second half by Palace, Viera will be fuming.

To be honest, it would have been an injustice if Palace had won, as Ayew should have been sent off, and then scored the second goal immediately afterwards.