IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

1 minute ago, Plissken said:

Gutted. They almost pulled it off but at the end of the day, you can’t defy gravity forever.

Yeah, shame really. After Dyche went Mike Jackson and the squad did a hell of a job but it was just too much of a hill to climb.

7 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

I absolutely despise Man City.  They're a club that represents everything that is immoral and unfair in modern football.  They've done nothing to earn any of their success.  They're owned by a backward regime who's hands are covered in blood.  Oasis were an absolutely shit band who damaged British music irreparably.  

I really wanted them to win today.  :P

Hide contents

Mostly because I think you'll beat Real Madrid and I want Man Utd's treble to remain the greatest achievement by a British team.

To be fair, City aren't yet a threat to our (you and us) overall dominance. Still no European Cup for one.

For the Villa fans, was Coutinho going off the turning point again? He gave Liverpool nightmares at Villa Park a couple of weeks back, Fabinho especially.

He is a real classy player.

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

To be fair, City aren't yet a threat to our (you and us) overall dominance. Still no European Cup for one.

Exactly.  When you're in the situation Man Utd fans are currently in, you need these tiny, pathetic things to cling to - You've never won the FA Cup, League, and Champion's League treble, you've never won the Champion's League, you've never had 67,000 success-starved fans watching a youth team match, this sort of thing is all we have.

3 minutes ago, Adrock said:

For the Villa fans, was Coutinho going off the turning point again? He gave Liverpool nightmares at Villa Park a couple of weeks back, Fabinho especially.

At 70 mins Man City looked properly panicked - botched passes, wild shots, hysteria in the stands. Then Gerrard subbed Coutinho.

2 minutes ago, Adrock said:

We brought on Nakamba, they brought on Gundogan and Sterling.

They turned the screw and we gave in.

4 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Coutinho blows hot and cold. Moments of genius but games can often just pass him by.  

Manchester City bought Raheem Sterling, Ilkay Gundogan and Oleksandr Zinchenko off the bench. They have a squad that we, and very few others, can compete with. 

3 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Exactly.  When you're in the situation Man Utd fans are currently in, you need these tiny, pathetic things to cling to - You've never won the FA Cup, League, and Champion's League treble, you've never won the Champion's League, you've never had 67,000 success-starved fans watching a youth team match, this sort of thing is all we have.

I'd much rather be having these battles with your lot. We need other teams to be up there to keep City in check. Without Liverpool over the last few years they win everything in sight every season. 

Spoiler

Except a European Cup. Just like PSG

2 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Haha it's just a joke.  There is enough "I hate Liverpool" in this thread, Man U fans need to shhhhh.

Yes, but in context I believe it was in response to @sith taking issue with the "manc scrotes" comment before that. Context is key.

25 minutes ago, sith said:

I'm a Manchester United fan, but you can fuck off mate.

I didn’t mention Man Yoo, wind you your neck in, your fans don’t invade the pitch, but often trash oppositions toilets and rip up chairs when winning something. 

4 mins after Coutinho came off Villa conceded the first and quickly crumbled. He was clearly the glue today and denied the glory of a hattrick and full redemption arc. 

Anyway, congrats to Leeds, really didn't think they'd survive but glad they did. Unlucky Burnley, should have been Everton... or Newcastle. 

City have now won four of the last five titles, Liverpool are the only team stopping them from Bayern type domination by at least making the title race close. It’s going to take Newcastle a few years for their oil money to build a title challenging team and Chelsea have lost their blank cheque book so unless Haaland destabilises City next season they are probably going to win the league again. 

15 minutes ago, PyramidFace said:

At 70 mins Man City looked properly panicked - botched passes, wild shots, hysteria in the stands. Then Gerrard subbed Coutinho.

It seems like a bit of a slip-up for Gerrard to have subbed him off then.

9 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

Can I open my eyes yet? 

Yup we fluked our way out of it just about.

Major lessons have got to be learnt though going forward, as we have been incredibly fortunate to land a second chance.

15 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I'd much rather be having these battles with your lot. We need other teams to be up there to keep City in check. Without Liverpool over the last few years they win everything in sight every season. 

Reveal hidden contents

Except a European Cup. Just like PSG

That's true.  There are scenarios where I'm grateful to Liverpool for stopping City dominating, and ones where I'm grateful to City for stopping Liverpool.

I'm not happy about either scenario though.  :hmm:

Hopefully St James Park disappears into a hole in the ground to the earth's core before they get within touching distance.

Will accept massive meteorite strike as an alternative.

13 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

Yes, but in context I believe it was in response to @sith taking issue with the "manc scrotes" comment before that. Context is key.

Checking the time line it's almost impossible to know, but yes you could be right.  Even then, does it matter? The guy called "their fans" manc scrotes, so what? Man U fans appear to get free reign in this thread.

4 minutes ago, ryodi said:

City have now won four of the last five titles, Liverpool are the only team stopping them from Bayern type domination by at least making the title race close. It’s going to take Newcastle a few years for their oil money to build a title challenging team and Chelsea have lost their blank cheque book so unless Haaland destabilises City next season they are probably going to win the league again. 

Isn't it sad though football has to rely on other sports washers to stop a Sports washer dominating? Don't get me wrong, I'd love Liverpool to be controlled by Liverpool fans but their ownership is far removed from Newcastle, City or Chelsea (previous).  I'd just wish the UK government would have some balls to stop this shit.

5 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Isn't it sad though football has to rely on other sports washers to stop a Sports washer dominating? Don't get me wrong, I'd love Liverpool to be controlled by Liverpool fans but their ownership is far removed from Newcastle, City or Chelsea (previous).  I'd just wish the UK government would have some balls to stop this shit.

They wont and neither will the PL or FA. Their checks on owners are bullshit and they twist it to welcome big money owners cause they're more bothered about selling the product world wide. More clubs with endless cash means top players coming and them making more TV money.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Classy.

This is becoming a problem.  It's happened three times in the last couple of weeks, with similar incidents in the play off semi final where Billy Sharpe was assaulted by a Forest fan, and the Everton - Crystal Palace match where Viera got into a scuffle with an Everton fan.  

19 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Yup we fluked our way out of it just about.

Major lessons have got to be learnt though going forward, as we have been incredibly fortunate to land a second chance.

Agreed. Big investment needed. As for Marsh? We'll see I guess. 

What do you think? Sell Rapha, keep Kalvin? Or are they both going?

3 minutes ago, nakamura said:

Pitch invasions once again sum up the embarrassment of English football supporters. Enjoy yourselves for sure, but fucking behave. All clubs have the same problem. 

It is such an easy fix as well.

You forfeit the result if fans can't behave themselves.  It would stop it dead.