IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Nope, ticketed fans unable to get in. Know people stuck outside.

I'm sure there are, but that could be due to fans without tickets forcing their way in and effectively taking their seats.  I really hope not, and I'm aware that Sutton isn't always the most reliable voice.  I really hope we have a short or medium delay, no-one is hurt, we don't have to read about ugly scenes.  Hopefully in an hour's time the match is on and we've all forgotten about this.

By the very nature of live sports coverage and the need for pundits to fill time during a delay, often these things can be blown out of proportion.  A bit of a delay isn't the end of the world, as long as everyone is okay.

Ha the caption saying the kick-off has been delayed until 9:30 was alarming!  :lol:

I thought I was going to have to watch Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard filling for an hour.

3 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

It's ticketless fans busting through gates. 

That looks damning, but to be fair, we don't actually know that those few fans we see running through the barriers are ticketless.  They could easily be fans with tickets who are fed up with the lack of organisation outside the stadium.

27 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

According to Chris Sutton, who is in the stadium, it's been partly or entirely caused by a large number of fans without tickets trying to get in.  It's reminiscent of scenes at the Euros final.  Is this something English fans do now?  Fucks sake.

Chris Sutton will tell you black is white if he thinks it will annoy you.

3 minutes ago, wev said:

Loads of empty seats still so it's clear there's fans with tickets not able to get in

Assume piss poor organisation and also ticketed fans trying to get through the sheer volume of fans who have travelled without tickets.  Not in terms of those ticketless fans playing up, but just the logistics of getting to the ground through so many extra people?

Is there usually a singing performance before the final? This feels so random. Can’t help but lol when you can hear the fans singing their football chants over her singing.

Can’t see the game kicking off at 8.30 unless this singer is Real’s new centre forward.

Were they worried fans coming in late would kick off if they’d missed the pre match concert.

2 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Assume piss poor organisation and also ticketed fans trying to get through the sheer volume of fans who have travelled without tickets.  Not in terms of those ticketless fans playing up, but just the logistics of getting to the ground through so many extra people?

Yeah I'd believe it's shitty organisation over any thing else. Won't touch social media as it'll be the usual shit show over there 

Despite the amount of possession they've had, Liverpool look far less relaxed than Madrid with or without the ball

Also worth adding that Liverpool aren't a technical team like Madrid, so it's not unexpected to see them looking a bit more laid back on the ball.

It just seems theyre trying to do things a second or so earlier than is needed resulting in the receiving player not being where they're needed or having to take a heavier touch.