IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

5 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I saw most of today's game and it looked like Wolves were unlucky. Spurs have been pretty much the exact opposite so far (except against palace). 

We could have scored a couple for sure, it’s a little odd how difficult we’re finding it to score, but even with that the best team won for sure. 

Not sure why Toney was winding up the home fans after he scored, he was not song about at all. 

He was excellent though. 

Regarding Nuno at Spurs, it looks a bad move all round. He needs to be on the front foot and I don’t know why he’s so conservative while at a club like Spurs. 

Coming back to Molineux this week, he can’t stay away!

On the plus side, we didn’t get anyone injured by the dirtiest side in the League.

On the minus everything else. Up to and including throwing away at least a point against possibly the worst Arsenal side since the early 90’s.

Palace going down 3-0 to Liverpool, but actually putting up a fight.

It's a million miles away from watching a Hodgson team last year, and until the second goal we were in the game, but for some poor touches in the box could have made the last 20 minutes more interesting than they were.

No complaints about the result (scoreline a little flattering), noone expects to pick anything upb at Anfield but we went down swinging rather than with a whimper.

I hate watching Villa. Every time a commentator mentions bloody Matty Cash I can’t help but sing a bastardised version of Dirty Cash by The Adventures of Stevie V. “I’m Matty Cash, the one that you ask for, wanted by the rich and the poor…”

Its utterly irrational but I’ve been doing similar for years. Bolton’s Michael Ricketts always ensured a ‘Ricketts, Ricketts, junglist massive’. 

Vill we’re excellent yesterday though although Everton looked decent on the counter. 

2 hours ago, Stopharage said:

I hate watching Villa. Every time a commentator mentions bloody Matty Cash I can’t help but sing a bastardised version of Dirty Cash by The Adventures of Stevie V. “I’m Matty Cash, the one that you ask for, wanted by the rich and the poor…”

Its utterly irrational but I’ve been doing similar for years. Bolton’s Michael Ricketts always ensured a ‘Ricketts, Ricketts, junglist massive’. 

Vill we’re excellent yesterday though although Everton looked decent on the counter. 

For mr it’s the red dwarf one where alternate Listers a millionaire and the song in the back ground is “cash, he’s got money”etc. 

Before my time but I remember him for his broadcasting and he always came across as a nice, funny man. 

His goalscoring record is remarkable and on another level. 

I also remember playing this as a kid. :)

That was a bonkers end to the game. I think the third tackle on Ronaldo that he appealed for was definitely a penalty but I'm also not sure how wan Bissaka's foul wasn't given as a penalty either. De Gea saved a penalty which doesn't happen that often either. 

23 minutes ago, Waggo said:

I see Ronaldo for all is talent is still a diver. 🤯

At least VAR is there to sort it out these days.👍

🤣 watch them again and say that with a straight face.

7 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

Maybe it's karma for the cheating way your lot took the lead in the game last season with Pogba's out of touch goal.

Just now, Scruff said:

You're the one crying over the decisions. 

😂 I’m delighted, my friend. Just said watch the replays. Dig up history to your heart’s content, doesn’t change the present.

13 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

First 2 were embarrassing dives.  He may have had a case with the 3rd, but serves him right for the other 2.