Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

1 minute ago, englishbob said:

What I love about derby day is that it will instil a false sense of hope for Arsenal winning lots of trophies afterwards, and cement what I already know as a Spurs supporter - it's not going to change until the whole team is recycled.

image.gif.52f8a7250347a286a046e54b1fc5fe12.gif

6 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Kane doesn't look worth £20 million quid let alone £120 million.  Not looking such a genius stroke by Levy now.

How dare you! Levy is amazing, look what he has done for Spurs! He got Bale back for a bit and built a new stadium.

They also won a League cup once.

6 minutes ago, Hamus said:

How dare you! Levy is amazing, look what he has done for Spurs! He got Bale back for a bit and built a new stadium.

They also won a League cup once.

Not forgetting almost being founding members of the European Super League.  I mean who in their right mind wouldn't consider this Spurs team to be one of the top 12 teams in Europe?  

I mean on this showing Arsenal must be top 3 at the very least.🤣🤣🤣

I've said it before, but what realistically did Tottenham expect from their 5th (or was it 6th) choice manager? Nuno was anywhere near the top of their list for a reason.

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Martin Jol, until today about the darkest day in Spurs history the way we treated him 😰

(Reads Wiki) I never knew that! That's awful behaviour.

12 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I've said it before, but what realistically did Tottenham expect from their 5th (or was it 6th) choice manager? Nuno was anywhere near the top of their list for a reason.

I'm guessing Wolves didn't want him, Palace & Everton decided they didn't want him either....sorry for piling in on the guy! he seems a nice guy but why is he at Tottenham?

1 minute ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Palace did want him, I think they just didn't want to pay for his large staff.

I'm hoping we sack him for saying he hasn't been following the heading protocols. Sacked for misconduct - no payoff. That will appeal to Levy. 

Just now, Stoppy2000 said:

I'm hoping we sack him for saying he hasn't been following the heading protocols. Sacked for misconduct - no payoff. That will appeal to Levy. 

Oh yeah, my gf told me something about that this week, I forget exactly what it was but seemed a bit off.

8 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Oh yeah, my gf told me something about that this week, I forget exactly what it was but seemed a bit off.

I'm sure he's not the only one doing it. But admitting you are breaking the heading protocols means you might as well ask the club to start paying the out of court settlements now. What a tool.

23 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I'm sure he's not the only one doing it. But admitting you are breaking the heading protocols means you might as well ask the club to start paying the out of court settlements now. What a tool.

You do realise that in 20 years football will be too dangerous and so it will only be played on the Xbox FORCEFACE console?

10 years after that it is banned due to current eSports players hands becoming claws which was passed onto their children.

The only thing that remains is punditry and Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher are pushed on to TV in their floating wheelchairs to talk about football games. Discussing who COULD win.

All games are decided thus, which continues for 12 long years, until it becomes clear talking too much about football gives mouth, eye, and knee cancer.

All that's left is to start playing football again, except it is now played by robots who also immediately resolve VAR issues.

Fans are allowed in, but 17 years after that it is discovered going to robot football matches turns you into a drunk and finally, finally, the robots realise humans are the problem and remove them all. Back of the skynet, as they say.