IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Someone elsewhere congratulated Arsenal on being the 4th best London team this season.

I'm not going to defend Kane too much, but he looked knackered in the summer and even worse yesterday.  There's a lot of miles in those legs over the last couple of years.

3 hours ago, Plissken said:

Someone elsewhere congratulated Arsenal on being the 4th best London team this season.

I'm not going to defend Kane too much, but he looked knackered in the summer and even worse yesterday.  There's a lot of miles in those legs over the last couple of years.

If he was at city he'd be fine. If spurs had a competent manager with players playing a system and creating chances he'd also be fine. Instead he's stuck with Nuno looking sad while he waits for a team with zero midfield to pass him the ball. 

Palace vs Brighton tonight. Usually a good fixture for the neutral. There's too much hype around us and although I'd like to be top of the PL for a few days at least I fear we might revert to type, have 70% possession, 35 shots on goal and then lose 1-0 when Benteke scores in the 87th minute.

20 hours ago, Dudley said:

So after 3 games Spurs were top without conceding and Arsenal were bottom without scoring.

3 more games later Arsenal are ahead of Spurs on goals scored.

Football changes quick doesn't it?

This may never have been said before, but surely it's a game of two halves.

58 minutes ago, DirkCrisis said:

Palace vs Brighton tonight. Usually a good fixture for the neutral. There's too much hype around us and although I'd like to be top of the PL for a few days at least I fear we might revert to type, have 70% possession, 35 shots on goal and then lose 1-0 when Benteke scores in the 87th minute.

Mate, you owe us for that shithouse win...3-0 to you I reckon.

1 hour ago, skadupuk said:

Mate, you owe us for that shithouse win...3-0 to you I reckon.

Oof! No Bissouma is a bit of a miss for us but we have a few game changers on the bench.

I could got 2-1 to us but I honestly think it'll end up 1-1

Palace go in 1-0, fair from my POV (bias acknowledged)

Given how hard we were making it for ourselves in the final third, I had worried that the game had 1-0 Brighton written all over it.

Hopefully the goal will open the game up, as I reckon there are a few goals in both teams.

19 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

That Fernandes penalty is the funniest thing that’s happened for ages. Why’s he putting out pages long apologies? He only missed a penalty. You’ll have another opportunity next weekend I’m sure.

Everyone on the bbc comments section has started calling him “Penandes”.

8 hours ago, skadupuk said:

Can't really complain about a last minute, undeserved goal.

Feels like 2 points dropped.

We probably didn't deserve that point but that would have been a loss last season. Shows how much we need Bissouma for our transitional play.

On 27/09/2021 at 10:22, Adrock said:

Only if you're measuring progress over 6 games. I think it best to probably wait until the season is at least a third of the way through before concluding anything.

True, but the Spurs fans justifiably loudly celebrated the 1st - 20th thing when it happened so it's fair to note how quick the reversal happened.