IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

This goal left the entire home end open jawed last night. I'm not sure if it's utter genius or a complete fluke.  I sit by the 18 yard line and it was the most bizarre goal I've ever seen at a live game. 

It's right at the start of the video. 

No way he meant that.

Just watched the Real Madrid - Sheriff Tiraspol highlights.  It isn't quite the plucky little minnows from Moldova story but it's still hilarious to see Real be on the end of a shock, and an absolute rocket of a winner for the visitors.

I was at the Nou Camp in 2009 when Rubin Kazan pulled off the biggest shock in CL history, again with an absolute belter of a goal.

Spoiler

Guess there's a new Sheriff in town :hat:

A 3-0 defeat to Bayern is one thing, but losing 3-0 to Benfica is quite a result.

If you weren't watching the United game, Ronaldo is the headline, but the scoreline does not tell the whole story.  I have no idea how United won that.  A mixture of luck and persistence, I guess.

24 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

A 3-0 defeat to Bayern is one thing, but losing 3-0 to Benfica is quite a result.

If you weren't watching the United game, Ronaldo is the headline, but the scoreline does not tell the whole story.  I have no idea how United won that.  A mixture of luck and persistence, I guess.

This is why.

On 01/10/2021 at 10:59, Dudley said:

To be fair though.

"He claimed a misspelling, of "bafoon", had autocorrected on his device to "baboon"."

Is a damn good try.

The fact there's a Facebook group created to essentially abuse a football player is bad enough. How sad and pathetic must you be to join a group like that?

No Ronaldo starting for Man Utd. 

40 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

The fact there's a Facebook group created to essentially abuse a football player is bad enough. How sad and pathetic must you be to join a group like that?

Agreed, obviously. 

40 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

No Ronaldo starting for Man Utd

…but then…. :huh:

Man United ballsed up my accumulator. That's why Ronaldo was chuntering when he left the pitch. 

Mouhamed Niang has been sent off for violent conduct for Alloa for violent conduct.... after 1 minute. That's good going. :lol: Apparently, 25 seconds in. 

I know that it is the in-thing to accuse the opposition of relentless time wasting but as a keen student at the University of Absolute Shithousery, when the ref gave Tim Krul his first warning for time wasting and the was 05:22 on the stadium clock, I wasn’t angry, I was impressed.

And now no foul when a Claret pushed another player over. I saw it as a foul and I’m on the far touchline.

The players on both sides  genuinely have no idea what an allowed tackle is any more.

One of the most hopeless sides I’ve ever seen get a point away against a team lacking the most basic creative spark. Overseen by an official wearing a red nose and comedy oversized shoes.

Best League in the World, folks.