Jump to content
IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022


Plissken
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Silent Runner said:

Desperate stuff from Barcelona. Suarez with so much time for his goal. 

Only a matter of time before Koeman goes.  Be interesting to see how much financial fallout there is from it due to his contract and Barcelonas state of finances.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is a bit funny with Ronaldo. Still a brilliant player but completely unable to lead a press now so doesn’t really work in the set up Solksjaer prefers. You can understand why he wanted him – who wouldn’t – but every decision about him turns the whole thing into the Lord Mayor’s Show. Easy to say no-one is bigger than the club, but this is one of the very rare occasions when it’s close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Still a brilliant player but completely unable to lead a press now so doesn’t really work in the set up Solksjaer prefers.

 

Question.  He's been in charge for two and a bit years.  What is the setup that Solksjaer prefers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's one for you. I was speaking to an ex-United player last night. He's won everything there is worth winning so I'm not going to question him. He insists you can only play two of Ronaldo, Fernandes and Pogba in the same XI and, if you do, then you need to pick any two of Lingard, van der Beek, or Cavani to make it work.

 

Interesting to pick your XIs with those constraints.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Palace v Leicester today, Vardy loves a goal or two at Selhurst so not feeling too positive.

 

If we are to stand any chance we need to start building on the great build up play vs Brighton  by converting it to actual (decent) chances.

 

I'm having hot wings from Morleys, so the day is guaranteed to have some happiness 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

Palace v Leicester today, Vardy loves a goal or two at Selhurst so not feeling too positive.

 

If we are to stand any chance we need to start building on the great build up play vs Brighton  by converting it to actual (decent) chances.

 

I'm having hot wings from Morleys, so the day is guaranteed to have some happiness 

I'm fairly confident you'll be getting at least a point today and probably all 3.

 

I hate playing Palace. Zaha is guaranteed to score against us, we always struggle to deal with him. He winds Leicester fans a treat, similar to Vardy's impact on Palace fans with his flapping wings celebration. We've also been very poor this season, so I'd take a draw if it was offered. Constant injury issues - especially in defence, Soyuncu has been dreadful, Tielemans (and possibly Ndidi) will be gone by the end of the season, Maddison has been abject and Barnes has yet to get back to the form he was showing pre-injury. Vardy and Schmeichel apart we've looked bottom half all season. Fofana and Evans' injuries have had a huge impact on us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I'm fairly confident you'll be getting at least a point today and probably all 3.

 

I hate playing Palace. Zaha is guaranteed to score against us, we always struggle to deal with him. He winds Leicester fans a treat, similar to Vardy's impact on Palace fans with his flapping wings celebration. We've also been very poor this season, so I'd take a draw if it was offered. Constant injury issues - especially in defence, Soyuncu has been dreadful, Tielemans (and possibly Ndidi) will be gone by the end of the season, Maddison has been abject and Barnes has yet to get back to the form he was showing pre-injury. Vardy and Schmeichel apart we've looked bottom half all season. Fofana and Evans' injuries have had a huge impact on us. 

 

It's always a reverse though, you always do well at our place and vice versa.

 

We aren't doing enough in the final 3rd to get many goals.

 

Shall we just shake hands and agree the match finished 0-0 and never mention it again? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: Watford. It really will depend who we get in (if it's Sanchez Flores again, we riot) but the performances have been fucking terrible by and large. Beating a still-on-their-hols Villa on day one, Norwich and barely scraping a point against Newcastle is not enough to show for as easy a start to a season as you are likely to get in the PL.

 

The fans have accepted this is the way we work now, so now we just cross our fingers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm furious truth be told, absolutely terrible from Palace even ignoring the two defensive masterclasses that gifted the goals.

 

Poor choices of balls to play, passes too long or too short, long balls to an outmuscled Edouard.

 

The less said about Ayews crossing the better.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

I'm furious truth be told, absolutely terrible from Palace even ignoring the two defensive masterclasses that gifted the goals.

 

Poor choices of balls to play, passes too long or too short, long balls to an outmuscled Edouard.

 

The less said about Ayews crossing the better.

 

 

Truth be told, you’ve been the better team. Better choices near the box and we’d have been behind. I can only presume that Rodgers’ instructions to Chaudhury were to pass the ball to the opposition or out of play at every available opportunity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Fucking Brentford made of paper. A stiff breeze sends them to the floor. Pretty unimpressed with them tbh.


Unimpressed at the game management or unimpressed in general? I can understand the former but not really the latter. They’ve been fearless and tenacious to the extreme. 
 

We are always going to be playing a little bit on the back foot when it comes to possession as our player stats are so much worse than most other peoples. We have to leverage some sort of advantage out of the game via legal means. Playing hard pressing football and slowing the game down when ahead is a much more entertaining than parking the bus. 
 

1-2! Woooooooo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zaha was nonexistent in that half, a big positive that they can still perform without him because in the last couple of years they've needed him to be up for it to get anything out of most games.

 

Things are looking positive, from the outside anyway, for this Palace team under Viera.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.