IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

A win. Hurrah. We're still made seriously hard work of it.

Just need Halaand in the January transfer window to add some potency. Dunno why Leeds didn't do that deal on the summer, tbh

At the end, when Dwight McNeil was shielding the ball from three Norwich players, was pulled down and the ref gave Norwich the free kick I actually let out the deep, cynical laugh of the condemned man. Wind, cold, rain,100 mile round trip to watch a giant steaming turd of a performance from all involved. I could have sat alone in an empty room for the duration and felt I had more valuable use of my time.

Good job that being a football fan is an incurable condition.

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

Wolves fans, you're welcome. I removed Hee-Chan from my FL team this week and with it lifted the curse. 

He was so good today. Real partnership building with Raúl. 

Entertaining game, wolves were the better team for the first time in about three games. 

Could have easily thrown the win away through silly choices though. 

Feeling much more relaxed now. 

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

At the end, when Dwight McNeil was shielding the ball from three Norwich players, was pulled down and the ref gave Norwich the free kick I actually let out the deep, cynical laugh of the condemned man. Wind, cold, rain,100 mile round trip to watch a giant steaming turd of a performance from all involved. I could have sat alone in an empty room for the duration and felt I had more valuable use of my time.

Good job that being a football fan is an incurable condition.

You deserve this because of that game i went to at Turfmoor. Mid 90s. 

1 minute ago, neoELITE said:

You deserve this because of that game i went to at Turfmoor. Mid 90s. 

Now come on. Be nice. I have nothing but happy things to say about Plymouth. Especially when I am reminded of them every visit to Turf Moor as the big screen replays John Francis’ playoff goal at Home Park.

1 hour ago, Silent Runner said:

Desperate stuff from Barcelona. Suarez with so much time for his goal. 

Only a matter of time before Koeman goes.  Be interesting to see how much financial fallout there is from it due to his contract and Barcelonas state of finances.  

5 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Only a matter of time before Koeman goes.  Be interesting to see how much financial fallout there is from it due to his contract and Barcelonas state of finances.  

I don't think they can afford to get rid of him. They haven't paid the last two off yet.

2 hours ago, Silent Runner said:

Desperate stuff from Barcelona. Suarez with so much time for his goal. 

Again, every day Barcelona remain in the group of clubs pushing for a European Super League is a day where I’m happy they lost.  The utter bastards.  

It is a bit funny with Ronaldo. Still a brilliant player but completely unable to lead a press now so doesn’t really work in the set up Solksjaer prefers. You can understand why he wanted him – who wouldn’t – but every decision about him turns the whole thing into the Lord Mayor’s Show. Easy to say no-one is bigger than the club, but this is one of the very rare occasions when it’s close.

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Still a brilliant player but completely unable to lead a press now so doesn’t really work in the set up Solksjaer prefers.

Question.  He's been in charge for two and a bit years.  What is the setup that Solksjaer prefers?

Here's one for you. I was speaking to an ex-United player last night. He's won everything there is worth winning so I'm not going to question him. He insists you can only play two of Ronaldo, Fernandes and Pogba in the same XI and, if you do, then you need to pick any two of Lingard, van der Beek, or Cavani to make it work.

Interesting to pick your XIs with those constraints.

Palace v Leicester today, Vardy loves a goal or two at Selhurst so not feeling too positive.

If we are to stand any chance we need to start building on the great build up play vs Brighton  by converting it to actual (decent) chances.

I'm having hot wings from Morleys, so the day is guaranteed to have some happiness 

10 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

Palace v Leicester today, Vardy loves a goal or two at Selhurst so not feeling too positive.

If we are to stand any chance we need to start building on the great build up play vs Brighton  by converting it to actual (decent) chances.

I'm having hot wings from Morleys, so the day is guaranteed to have some happiness 

I'm fairly confident you'll be getting at least a point today and probably all 3.

I hate playing Palace. Zaha is guaranteed to score against us, we always struggle to deal with him. He winds Leicester fans a treat, similar to Vardy's impact on Palace fans with his flapping wings celebration. We've also been very poor this season, so I'd take a draw if it was offered. Constant injury issues - especially in defence, Soyuncu has been dreadful, Tielemans (and possibly Ndidi) will be gone by the end of the season, Maddison has been abject and Barnes has yet to get back to the form he was showing pre-injury. Vardy and Schmeichel apart we've looked bottom half all season. Fofana and Evans' injuries have had a huge impact on us. 

13 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I'm fairly confident you'll be getting at least a point today and probably all 3.

I hate playing Palace. Zaha is guaranteed to score against us, we always struggle to deal with him. He winds Leicester fans a treat, similar to Vardy's impact on Palace fans with his flapping wings celebration. We've also been very poor this season, so I'd take a draw if it was offered. Constant injury issues - especially in defence, Soyuncu has been dreadful, Tielemans (and possibly Ndidi) will be gone by the end of the season, Maddison has been abject and Barnes has yet to get back to the form he was showing pre-injury. Vardy and Schmeichel apart we've looked bottom half all season. Fofana and Evans' injuries have had a huge impact on us. 

It's always a reverse though, you always do well at our place and vice versa.

We aren't doing enough in the final 3rd to get many goals.

Shall we just shake hands and agree the match finished 0-0 and never mention it again? 

37 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Maybe Nuno can go to Watford tomorrow...

I reckon he could resign from Tottenham, go to Watford and be sacked from there quicker than he would be sacked from Tottenham.

Re: Watford. It really will depend who we get in (if it's Sanchez Flores again, we riot) but the performances have been fucking terrible by and large. Beating a still-on-their-hols Villa on day one, Norwich and barely scraping a point against Newcastle is not enough to show for as easy a start to a season as you are likely to get in the PL.

The fans have accepted this is the way we work now, so now we just cross our fingers. 

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Villa piss poor today, typically. We're always shite when someone needs a lift.

You’d have taken three points from the games away at United and Spurs I expect though right? So anything would be a bonus here. 

19 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Iheanacho’s goal delivering a text book definition of the term ‘smash and grab’. Leicester don’t deserve to be drawing, let alone winning. 

That 0-0 agreement is still on the table?