IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

They definitely are, yeah, but usually it is the games versus the other clubs challenging you were the real difference is made. 

It's true that there are rarely any easy games in the PL these days and long may it continue.

Yeah - its hard to see anyone running away with it.

United haven't played any of the other 'big 6' yet, but play all of them in their next 7 games. Home to Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal. Away to Spurs and Chelsea.  Their other 2 games are Leicester and Watford away. Not the nicest 7 game run.

Be very interesting to see where they are after that run.

5 minutes ago, layten said:

I think you are going to need some bigger quotation marks,

Yeah - I know, but I assumed that is who Gabe meant.

I mean they are the Super League teams aren't they!

23 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Yeah - its hard to see anyone running away with it.

United haven't played any of the other 'big 6' yet, but play all of them in their next 7 games. Home to Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal. Away to Spurs and Chelsea.  Their other 2 games are Leicester and Watford away. Not the nicest 7 game run.

Be very interesting to see where they are after that run.

Knowing United under Ole, they'll come out of that lot with a decent return, then go on to drop points against Palace and Norwich.

We've had our easy games for now. I like to think our players will respond to him in some way as at least he has some proper managerial pedigree rather than half a season in Malta or something. I'll be happy with 7 or 8 points from the above. 

3 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Claudio’s first couple of months at Watford could well be his last couple of months.

I know he's old and covid is still about, but steady on!

2 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

We've had our easy games for now. I like to think our players will respond to him in some way as at least he has some proper managerial pedigree rather than half a season in Malta or something. I'll be happy with 7 or 8 points from the above. 

Happy? You'll wake up in Hong Kong with an organ missing.

2 hours ago, DirkCrisis said:

We’re up there because of Lewis Dunk and Yves Bissouma predominately. Dunk is the king of the self-own and Bissouma is partial to 2 yellows in the same match.

Dunk was sent off at Wolves during our last game, and then Maupay was sent off after the final whistle, which doesn't help :) 

6 hours ago, Plissken said:

Bunch of thugs in this league.  Ought to be something done about it.

image.thumb.png.82120ca9a90c166f123c2ca51c9272d3.png

(Would never have had Brighton and Southampton in the top three.)

What does the bookings table look like, because red cards is hardly a barometer on its own for a dirty team.

I don’t have the exact numbers, but in terms of fewest, Liverpool are the top of that chart for four of the last five seasons. Guess who were the lone interloper? 😉

Burnley were usually top five in fewest yellows over that period, though someone said we had a 9th recently.

dirty team talk...Meanwhile in Brazil

"Brazilian footballer charged with attempted murder after kicking referee in the head while he lay on the ground":blink:https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12427056/brazilian-footballer-arrested-after-kicking-referee-in-the-head-while-he-lay-on-the-ground

WARNING - clearly shows incident!:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etFoxEAx6QY

21 hours ago, Dudley said:

Arsenal being actually top after their bitching about Burnley is superb.

Arsenal Football Club of course being represented by some bloke writing for exposure for that esteemed organ Football.london. 

Basic conclusions from the tables posted above.

Liverpool are far and away the cleanest team

Man Utd are consistently the dirtiest team

Most teams get 60-68 yellows per season regardless of "style"

Yellow cards went right down last season in front of no crowds

Teams at the bottom tend to be in the top ten cleaner sides

And if you want to boil it down to "useless hot takes for #bantz"

For all their possession, Man City are dirtier than Chelsea

Mourinho turned Spurs into a bunch of thugs, continuing his fine work at Man Utd

Recently Arsenal have joined Brighton in deciding to skip yellow cards and go straight for the reds