Jump to content

Football Thread 2021/2022


Plissken
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Shimmyhill said:

Given Ole is on borrowed time and shortly there will be a former Man U legend available on the management market……


Yeah but Brendan is manoeuvring for the Newcastle job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

How the fuck did we win that??

 

Shame I'm covid ridden as being a Wolves fan working in Birmingham is delicious at times like this!

Get well soon mate.

 

I was bloody worried about this four game run we had, prooved me wrong, three in and nine points.

 

My mate in East London managed to get a ticket today lucky git, I think he's flying back by the sound of it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Plissken said:

Bunch of cloggers again in the Citeh vs Burnley game, where one side committed ten fouls and got one yellow and the other played the game properly and committed five fouls with no cards. 

 

Perhaps this lack of commitment is why Burnley are in the relegation zone.  They need to try a bit harder, make a few challenges.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've all been predicting Burnley to go down for years, I can't see it happening. 

 

Last year I never saw Leeds in trouble of relegation, from the first game against Liverpool, which we lost, but we looked capable of taking on anyone. This year, what the fuck has happened? We look shite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

We've all been predicting Burnley to go down for years, I can't see it happening. 

 

Last year I never saw Leeds in trouble of relegation, from the first game against Liverpool, which we lost, but we looked capable of taking on anyone. This year, what the fuck has happened? We look shite.

Second season syndrome or what happened with Sheffield Utd. Other teams have figured you out.  Also for the first time in ages, Norwich aside there don’t seem to be any obvious teams (depending on what Newcastle do now) for the relegation places. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big dilemma or the Bluebirds - sack McCarthy today after 6 straight losses including today’s embarrassment or wait until after we lose our 7th to Fulham away on Wednesday.

 

Mitrovic hat-trick if they sack him now or double hat-trick if they don’t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Big dilemma or the Bluebirds - sack McCarthy today after 6 straight losses including today’s embarrassment or wait until after we lose our 7th to Fulham away on Wednesday.

 

Mitrovic hat-trick if they sack him now or double hat-trick if they don’t. 

 

I think you should give him until the end of the season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, davidcotton said:

Second season syndrome or what happened with Sheffield Utd. Other teams have figured you out.  Also for the first time in ages, Norwich aside there don’t seem to be any obvious teams (depending on what Newcastle do now) for the relegation places. 

 

You don't really "figure Leeds out". Our game plan has been utterly transparent since day one. If we execute, you are then good enough to beat us or not.

 

However, to execute it requires all the parts to working well together. It's been apparent over the past three seasons that everything is not working just so, it can go wrong. There were periods last season we flirted with trouble before going on a run; Philips out tended to hurt us a lot.

 

Now Philips is out, and Bamford is out and Raphina is out and a number of players are out of form. Which means we are both leaking more and scoring less. On top of that, there's been a few occasions when we've played well but not converted. That's always been a bit of a problem bar maybe last season when Bamford was pretty efficient.

 

Maybe the intensity is finally catching up as a number of players had an international tournament in there too.

 

Was worried when we didn't invest. More worried now. We could go on a run but I suspect it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.