IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Imagine just resuming a game after a serious medical issue and still thinking it's appropriate to roll around on the ground like you've been shot about 5 seconds after someone barely grazed you.

5 hours ago, Herbalizer said:

I think you should give him until the end of the season

Nah, Mick has my vote of confidence. Give him the job for life and keys to the city.

COYJBs!

6 hours ago, Herbalizer said:

I think you should give him until the end of the season

If we do lose Wednesday to Fulham then we’d play next Saturday with the threat of worst ever losing run in the club’s history being inflicted by one N.Warnock.

Im not even worrying about possible relegation - the rest of the bloody season now solely consists of stressfully counting down until the start of April then praying we stop you doing the double.

2 hours ago, Windowlicker said:

Now Bruce is on the Saudi chopping block, it's a question of just a hand or his head.

NBC did a remarkable job of playing along without playing along.

Along the lines of "The FA let the takeover proceed having accepted the reassurance that the investment fund set up by royal decree and whose chairman is the crown prince of Saudi Arabia is completely unconnected to the Saudi royal family".

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

NBC did a remarkable job of playing along without playing along.

Along the lines of "The FA let the takeover proceed having accepted the reassurance that the investment fund set up by royal decree and whose chairman is the crown prince of Saudi Arabia is completely unconnected to the Saudi royal family".

Better than Sky's brain trust of David Ginola, Kieran Dyer and Jamie Redknapp reassuring viewers none of this matters.

8 hours ago, Windowlicker said:

Better than Sky's brain trust of David Ginola, Kieran Dyer and Jamie Redknapp reassuring viewers none of this matters.

Yet weirdly, their then owner was an issue three weeks ago.

12 hours ago, Windowlicker said:

Yeah, maybe it's because they're a little removed from the "clique" as it were but NBC do tend to say things that need saying.  Robbie Earle on BLM, racist chants etc was transformative TV.

51 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Pissed up/coked up twats who did their best to ruin the Euros get what’s coming to them.  With this punishment now on record then I think it’s fucked any remote chance England had of getting the 2030 World Cup too.  

Except they weren’t ‘true’ engurland supporters and just thugs out looking for trouble.  

Taking the piss with that, but suspect an element of truth.

I never buy the argument that they aren’t true fans. It’s an ad hominem attack because we don’t like to admit an association with them, but they do make up a significant portion of the match going fan population for England.  I still have serious reservations about taking my boy along to see England play because he’s mixed race and I don’t need to expose him to that shit just yet.  

Maybe a game behind closed doors means we stop pretending hooliganism ended with the Taylor Report, though I doubt it when whataboutery and playing the victim are easier responses to make.  

5 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Pissed up/coked up twats who did their best to ruin the Euros get what’s coming to them.  With this punishment now on record then I think it’s fucked any remote chance England had of getting the 2030 World Cup too.  

Although the match in question is a nations league match so about as milquetoast as it could be.

Fucksake Viera, terrible tactical decision to let Arsenal attack for the last 15, made it inevitable.

For all the plaudits Palace are getting for how they are playing, we are picking up too many draws (6 points thrown away in the last three now due to poor concentration)

That fucking Pepe dive in the box was a cracker.

*waits for the Arsenal complaints of "but what about Zaha"*

2 hours ago, skadupuk said:

Fucksake Viera, terrible tactical decision to let Arsenal attack for the last 15, made it inevitable.

For all the plaudits Palace are getting for how they are playing, we are picking up too many draws (6 points thrown away in the last three now due to poor concentration)

That fucking Pepe dive in the box was a cracker.

*waits for the Arsenal complaints of "but what about Zaha"*

Posted without comment 

6 hours ago, humdrum said:

Posted without comment 

How does that have anything to do with Pepe's dive?

It's a ridiculous challenge and I have no idea how it was only a yellow (unless age related movement delay is a rule exception these days), but it's completely unconnected to simulation/cheating.

It's almost like an Arsenal fan has popped up with "But what about..."

It's another one of those stupid letting the game flow decisions that adds nothing but that's ended up in a player being badly injured. I can't even be bothered to get annoyed about it any more, the league clearly delights in Mike Dean's fuckwittery and it's not stopping any time soon.