IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Re: Bruce leaving, I suppose they at least didn't sack him (I imagine that was meant to be a nice gesture on their part.) 

The thing is, the club needs so much work, whomever they get in now is, at best, only going to lay the groundwork for somebody to come along and get the glory a few years down the line, once they've been long since sacked. Same as at Man City, where Hughes started putting things into place only for Mancini to build on and take things forward.

3 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Jason Euell?

1 minute ago, Boothjan said:

Trying to think of footballers beginning with U - David Unsworth used to score more than he should have for a defender, is it him?

You're on a roll, sir! Just N to go.

Quick question for Leicester, Villa or Wolves supporters.

Friend of a friend is looking to get themselves to a PL game in November.  They are Warwick based, so those three clubs look to be the best bet.  How easy is it to get tickets for a home game?  Just in general to start off with.

(FWIW, as far as fixtures go, Leicester have Chelsea and Watford at home, Villa play Brighton and Wolves have Everton and West Ham.) 

That was a hugely entertaining game to watch.  I’m still not sure what to make of Man Utd, they’ve got big players who step up when needed but they really look like they can be got at too. It makes them a lot of fun to watch but I can’t see them troubling the real big hitters in Europe this season. 

Steve Bruce '1000 & out' facts

Games managed - 1000

Games missed/left to assistant - 29

Team beaten most - Southend United

Team lost to most - Man United

Different dug outs sat in - 288

Corners for - 2857

Corners against - 3281

Rival/Derby team duos managed - 6

Player w/ most appearances - Maik Taylor

Most used substitute - No stats exist

Players bought - 398 > £1.3b

Players sold - 301 > 495m

Favourite colours - Black and White and Red all over

Name of next autobiography - Black and White and Red all over

Win percentage - 11%

Different penalty takers - 219

Goals missed as he was on the toilet - 17

Houses owned - 67

Holidays - 129

Percentage of made up facts - >80%

2 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

It's exhausting supporting Man Utd these days.

I went to watch Simon Amstel at the Ipswich Corn Exchange, I missed a cracking match, for a "comedy" show that I would happily have rewatched the Utd vs Leicester match of last weekend!! FFS :(

9 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

It's exhausting supporting Man Utd these days.

They will draw or beat Liverpool. Which is a win for all!

This whole situation works for everyone.

The Man U fans get some high fives and can say how great Ole is, hey remember that thing he did about a quarter of a century ago?

The other teams know that Ole won't take the team anywhere and they won't win anything worthy of what the Man United fans expect.

The Glazey boys will keep making the cash monieeesssss.

Good times for everyone.

Well, almost everyone.

B0iqkgnCMAAVIaQ.jpg.7a53d46b3b344a105a45d09c0da2f995.jpg

11 hours ago, Plissken said:

Quick question for Leicester, Villa or Wolves supporters.

Friend of a friend is looking to get themselves to a PL game in November.  They are Warwick based, so those three clubs look to be the best bet.  How easy is it to get tickets for a home game?  Just in general to start off with.

(FWIW, as far as fixtures go, Leicester have Chelsea and Watford at home, Villa play Brighton and Wolves have Everton and West Ham.) 

I have a season ticket so I'm not sure, but I think it's possible, Everton looks a good shout actually as it's a Monday night game and on TV so might be one to aim for.

On 17/10/2021 at 21:10, Ork1927 said:

If we do lose Wednesday to Fulham then we’d play next Saturday with the threat of worst ever losing run in the club’s history being inflicted by one N.Warnock.

Im not even worrying about possible relegation - the rest of the bloody season now solely consists of stressfully counting down until the start of April then praying we stop you doing the double.

Managed to equal a club record created on Christmas Day 1933 last night.

7 League losses on the trot.

In 1933 we let in 25 goals in those games - this time only 17, but we scored 6 back then as opposed to 1 this time.

We also haven't scored in the first half of any league game this season - our two top scorers are centre halves and our third top scorer played one League cup game as a trialist and was released.

3 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

Managed to equal a club record created on Christmas Day 1933 last night.

7 League losses on the trot.

In 1933 we let in 25 goals in those games - this time only 17, but we scored 6 back then as opposed to 1 this time.

We also haven't scored in the first half of any league game this season - our two top scorers are centre halves and our third top scorer played one League cup game as a trialist and was released.

I thought you looked alright against us last night though! Certainly had some chances. You’re by no means the worst team I’ve seen in the Championship anyway. 

9 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

I thought you looked alright against us last night though! Certainly had some chances. You’re by no means the worst team I’ve seen in the Championship anyway. 

Yeah - I thought we exceeded expectations last night, but that’s because old Mick didn’t play 4 or 5 centre halves at the back.

And I’m not joking - that’s what he keeps doing. The games where we’ve played a normal back 4 are the ones we’ve looked partly competent (last night and Reading).

Although saying that, you looked like you could have gone up 2 or 3 gears and have scored more and it’s depressing watching Wilson and Bobby Reid do stuff like passing and running and shooting against us.