IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Five Live before the match: Ole has put in a proper structure and stabilised the club properly for the first time since Ferguson left.

Five Live at half time: A shambles, what is Ole doing, where is the plan, what has he done for the last four years?

2 minutes ago, Windowlicker said:

Pogba is a real piece of shit.

It kind of seems like a lot of the team.

What is Rashford doing with this lot?

Maybe Ole should concentrate on his tactics instead of his sound bites.

That was good fun and it's a shame Keita had to suffer an injury before a United player would be sent off. Hopefully Ole hangs on until the City game because I cannot imagine they will be as merciful as Liverpool were after the red card. 

4 hours ago, ryodi said:

That was good fun and it's a shame Keita had to suffer an injury before a United player would be sent off. Hopefully Ole hangs on until the City game because I cannot imagine they will be as merciful as Liverpool were after the red card. 

Well said.  Liverpool were nice enough not to get Ole sacked.

Easiest game of football I've seen in long time. 

As much as I enjoyed rewatching the Man Utd - Liverpool game on MOTD2, the entirely insight-free combination of Ian Wright and Micah Richards really is the absolute nadir of football analysis. The B team on the Sunday show has actually often been better than the cosy boys club on MOTD1 in the past, but these guys are making me pine for the glory days of Lawrenson miserably making dad jokes.

More of the problems are at the team level though. For our first goal yesterday, Keita ended up in that absurd amount of free space because Man Utd had been haring up the pitch in the other direction in a horribly disjointed attempt at a high press. I think Ole is a nice guy, and I don't think he was necessarily the worst appointment, but it's pretty clear to everyone that he and his assistants are a few fathoms out of their depth at this point.

Though obviously players like Pogba - still their most expensive signing, by a distance if you include inflation - strolling around doing homages to Gerrard's worst day in a MU - L fixture aren't exactly helping.