IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Brentford have turned up to Turf Moor full of confidence that comes with strong performances and results against the big boys, with pretty football and positive intentions.

Burnley have taken one look at all that and decided that they don’t give a shit about any of it. 3-0 at half time, could have been six.

Turns out Brentford can’t do it on a wet Saturday in Burnley…

@TurningMonster getting tickets for a big game is going to be a nightmare outside of hospitality deals, Im a Spurs and Norwich member and can get tickets easily enough  for most games at the moment but imagine that’s a combo of Covid overhang and dire performances!! Very few tickets however go on general release other than the lower category games.

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

Good players don’t need someone to motivate them.

Kane is done. Past his best well over a year ago. 

Thats the kind of statement old men shouting at clouds make 😂😂

Given Kane was leading scorer/assists last year in the Prem while playing in a dire team I’m not sure which of the two is the stupidest statement - they are both at such an incredibly high level of incompetence that I fear you will be the next Spurs manager!!

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

How did Jonny Evans not get sent off yesterday holy shit. One of my favoured terrible decisions as it really didn’t matter, but that one was a stinker. Leicester should be pissed off with another stupid play on call too. Absolutely hopeless.

Even more annoying when Laporte was sent off for an almost identical foul on Zaha yesterday. 

52 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's not a bloody chance of Villa turning up today.

I can't see it either.   Villa last played on Friday and have had 8 days to prepare for this fixture.   West Ham played Thursday, Sunday & Wednesday, all against decent opposition and they'll probably run through us.   

It could be worse I guess.  Sunderland lost 5-1 to Rotherham in League One yesterday.  There but for the grace of god and everything. 

8 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Stories going round that Sergio Aguero has been diagnosed with a heart condition.   He went to hospital with chest pains after the Barcelona game last night.  It doesn't sound like it's Christian Eriksen levels of seriousness, but that might be that for his career.   

He'd still be OK to play in Spain with a pacemaker I think.

1 hour ago, Silent Runner said:

Even more annoying when Laporte was sent off for an almost identical foul on Zaha yesterday. 

Someone at PL HQ will be getting a stern memo saying that the rules state that it is Arsenal and Man City who are supposed to get those decisions and not Leicester and Palace.  Won't someone think of the Middle East market?

Here's an interesting stat.

Man Utd trophy list without Matt Busby and Alex Ferguson is two Division One Championships (1908 and 1911), 1 Europa League (2017), 5 FA Cups (1909, 1977, 1983, 1985, 2016), 5 Charity/Community Shields (1908, 1911, 1983, 2013, 2016 - shared in 1977 and 1990).

Now those two men count for 51 years between them, but it's highly unlikely that they would have been more successful with someone other than those two in charge.