Xbox Design Lab is back (customs controller)

Isaac

6 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Still in Charles De Gaulle limbo - anyone else had an update?

when I sent my series S controller back due to stick drift it vanished into the ether for about 4 months then just appeared at the door (new replacement not fixed). I think updates are courier dependent they seem to use UPS. The mental thing is the shipping back to me due to Brexit was circa £120 - they could’ve just gave me 2 new off the shelf ones and been done they must be haemorrhaging money doing this Germany and back shit.

(still waiting for my design lab controller)

I assume we’re all in the same boat (i.e. not on any boat at all). They’ve given up with estimating my delivery and just say it’s pending while it’s held at CdG.

Next: are we all going to get stung with massive unexpected customs charges? I mean, we shouldn’t, we ordered them from MS UK, but who knows any more.

MS will sort out the customs charges. Or at least they did last time I ordered. They ship them over by the crate load, hence the shipping dates always being the same. 

Either that or they've been nicked. Joke's on them, good luck finding a buyer for a dildo pink Xbox controller engraved with jimmbobRox!1 

There'd be some sweet irony if MS were refusing to ship these to Northern Ireland, and then customs charges were applied to all the ones going to the UK.

"Sorry, we can only ship these controllers to outside of the common market."

Mine now says:

ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR Shipment exception Held, cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft/truck departed.

Which feels fair enough but it said the same thing last Sunday as well. So I don't quite understand. If it cleared last week why did they need to clear it again this week? And are they just going to do this every Sunday until such time as the plane leaves late?

First training mission in Flight Simulator: deliver electronics from Charles de Gaulle International Airport (CDG) to London Heathrow (LHR) 30G bonus achievement for avoiding customs. 

6 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Still in the CdG Limbo.  I got excited last week as it had changed to 'In Transit' but then nothing :(

Same here. I emailed Fedex yesterday who responded pretty quick to say it was definitely still sitting at CDG, and that "we are facing large volume of backlog due to  bad weather condition, which I am sure you can understand are beyond the control of FedEx."

• Isaac changed the title to Xbox Design Lab is back (customs controller)