Xbox Design Lab is back (customs controller)

Isaac

My son designed his “Redbull” pad for xmas*

Body: Midnight Blue
Back: Midnight Blue
Bumpers: Pulse Red
Triggers: Lightning Yellow
D-pad: Lightning Yellow
Thumbsticks: Pulse Red
ABXY: Black on Colours
View, Menu, Share: White on Black

image.png.1248e8913ddad53c230b64935d81d7cc.png

* 3-4 week delivery.

Edited by SeanR

3 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Good spot. Alas, that ain't gonna fly for my Series controllers though.

But, it gives me hope that I can find one eventually. Just need a slightly different colour of wood though - not too keen on that one :P

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Grain-Soft-Touch-Front-Shell-Xbox-One-Series-Controller-Model-1914-/124481833565?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

(not actual wood)

7528CA0F-C6F3-430B-BCB0-26A2EFD447F2.jpeg.4fd60c34ae930e6abdfa71e0737b9959.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Zio said:

I meant to share these when my design lab controller arrived. I was going for a retro/SNES-style feel, but now I've seen some of the monstrosities others have created here, I feel like this was a wasted opportunity. Ah well.

IMG_4703.thumb.jpeg.8ce19ce5ec38cebefe277760c9c09a40.jpeg

IMG_4704.thumb.jpeg.e0ab4b8e92e6a71c270ef87f99083875.jpeg

Oh cool, a PlayStation tribute!

Spoiler

:hat:

• 4 months later...

Just went to cash in some reward points to get a new controller and it seems they are working on something. The site just has a notice saying "wait until you see what we are working on"....custom elite controllers maybe? According to someone on Reddit it will be back up on 12th June.

They used to offer a range of gradient body colours before they switched to customising Series controllers, so I'm guessing it's something like that returning. They'd likely announce that during the Xbox games showcase on June 12th, hence someone plucking out that date; Microsoft have done so at an E3 conference before, alongside a temporary Design Lab discount.

I suppose it's possible they've putting out a new revision of the controller – such as including DualSense-esque haptics rather than rumble motors – but if that were the case I'd expect Design Lab's return to lag behind the launch by at least a few months.

11 hours ago, SteveH said:

Just went to cash in some reward points to get a new controller and it seems they are working on something. The site just has a notice saying "wait until you see what we are working on"....custom elite controllers maybe? According to someone on Reddit it will be back up on 12th June.

Is the pride controller available now?

3 hours ago, SeanR said:

Is the pride controller available now?

They have said it will be available on 8th June. I'm hoping they closed the site down for more than just one new design though!

On 01/06/2022 at 12:43, SteveH said:

metallic finish parts?

that's the vibe I'm getting from the images on the holding page

image.png.c9221655b2688a864e6efd7cfe1bf31a.pngimage.png.8ea153e5f11177ab153c7ef006c48fdb.png

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

metallic finish parts?

that's the vibe I'm getting from the images on the holding page

image.png.c9221655b2688a864e6efd7cfe1bf31a.pngimage.png.8ea153e5f11177ab153c7ef006c48fdb.png

Not too sure if they are perhaps new colours but metallic finishes have been available for some time now. 

I'm wondering if it's something that ties in with the Xbox and Bethesda showcase that's also on the 12th, ie Doom, Fallout, Skyrim etc theme'd controllers perhaps?

Either way whilst I really like my Elite so haven't personally gone for a Design Lab controller, some of the designs that people have come up are great and I'm looking forward to seeing what's going to be on offer :).

I thought you could use xbox credit to buy these but its not showing up on checkout? Its also adding vat ontop of the price so ~£83 total, (60 + 8 for the skin + 13 vat) is that normal? Wanted to get a pride one because it looks amazing but too expensive without the reward points working.

I definitely bought mine last year with credit, but it might have been MS credit rather than Xbox (I don’t know if there’s actually any difference).

3 hours ago, Darren said:

I definitely bought mine last year with credit, but it might have been MS credit rather than Xbox (I don’t know if there’s actually any difference).

thanks! looks like there are 2 different types of rewards on the website - xbox and microsoft credit - but the description makes it sound like they are both the same thing. i've got some xbox credit and it's not showing on the design lab checkout anyway.

were they always over £70? i thought they were previously £60.