Abandoned - Indie horror game or KOJIMA?

Broker

1 minute ago, BubbleFish said:

Its either one of the most annoying ARG's yet or, more likely, a bit of a cluster-fuck that I'm amazed Sony just sat back and allowed.

If this is part of the ARG I'm afraid they've got no idea what they're doing, unless theres a massive twist coming up. On the other hand, if there really is an ARG behind all this hearsay I think we already can chalk it up as a failure as the minority of my gaming friends have even heard about this and those who did hear about it doesn't have any interest in it at all. 

53 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

I really, really don't want to get sucked into this, but...

I just don't get the whole app/ its not working thing. I thought Sony has to certify that anything on the store works? How can this be released when its effectively saying its nothing more than an open shell for them to push content to? 

Its either one of the most annoying ARG's yet or, more likely, a bit of a cluster-fuck that I'm amazed Sony just sat back and allowed.

What I think is going on, is Blue Box initially tried to launch an app which had to be delayed because Sony requires certification. Then they thought that having that done upfront would just allow them to push updates willy-nilly, but guess what? Updates need certification as well. And the current delay is probably due to Blue Box having missed putting in a save icon indication/warning up front, wrongly naming one of the controller face buttons, or anything of the sort, resulting in not being certified. The fact that this is (still) not fixed within a few hours, screams certification issues to me.

Hell, they might have just bumped into needing to certify the update at all at the last moment and that takes time as well.

Loads of stuff in the Era thread about how this guy has previous with this sort of thing and has basically not released a full blown game ever.  Seems to all be pointing to a bit of a con really. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

And the abandoned games thread on rllmuk was also recently bumped! Coincidence? I THINK NOT

By Gabe. It's Kojima's Silent Hill × Half-Life 3.

9 hours ago, Strafe said:

Ive watched it twice and still have no idea. Is it some sort of troll marketing?

It's like the next evolution of those countdowns that reveal the date of an announcement.

Apparently, and this has been known since the start, it's one of those scammy devs that fill Steam with crummy asset flip "games". I'm guessing he's bitten off more attention than he can chew this time around, but is now dragging it out as long as possible, equally excited and scared about his biggest scam game yet.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Apparently, and this has been known since the start, it's one of those scammy devs that fill Steam with crummy asset flip "games". I'm guessing he's bitten off more attention than he can chew this time around, but is now dragging it out as long as possible, equally excited and scared about his biggest scam game yet.

Bit harsh talking about Kojima like that.

This is incredible. I can't believe Kojima's gone to all this effort, and created an actual scammy developer with a history of releasing piss-poor pseudo-games. This must be leading up to something world-shattering. 

If the developer has a detailed history and track record, then that's just more evidence of what a genius Kojima is (who, as with all his previous reveal pranks, has set up and executed everything himself personally).

• 3 weeks later...