WarioWare: Get It Together (Switch)

Paulando

This is great! Usually when I play a demo I go from wanting to buy the game to realizing I don't really need it, but this the total opposite. It wasn't really on my radar, but now I must have it!

Yeah I have to join in the massively positive sentiment on this demo. 

I’ve played and loved handheld ones over the years, but had no idea how well it’d work with another player. It’s exceptional!

Really promising stuff. I must admit I was slightly worried about the controllable character aspect disrupting the essence of that spur-of-the-moment, reactive, distilled gaming purity that the various micro games have thrown on the player in the previous games, but if anything their introduction challenges you to really tap into your learned understanding of various mechanics that you’ve honed over the years just playing various genres of games.

It’s another chaotic thing to quickly assess, and a decision to make, when you’re trying to solve maybe a familiar problem with a less familiar character and their associated mechanics. Looks like they’ve nailed it. Hopes are high for the full game.

1 hour ago, strawdonkey said:

One go through on the demo was enough to make me very excited for this. The microgame where it had me

Hide contents

deciding who won the Splatoon match

was simple and brilliant.

Must admit, I didn't understand that one.

Really liking it overall though. Played until I'd unlocked all the demo characters and had a run with all 6. I wonder if the final game will have a mode where it throws in all the characters at once, because that would be potentially magnificent.

25 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Must admit, I didn't understand that one.

Spoiler

You have to determine which team has covered more of the map with their colour ink. If you've not played Splatoon before it might not be as instantly recognisable!

Was uncertain about this as I thought direct control over the characters might make it too easy.  I'm really glad for the Demo though as it showed I was totally wrong.  Each character controls differently & each Microgame is altered to suit their unique playstyle.  Now, instead of just having to remember how to play each game in the few seconds you have between their announcement & start you also have to factor in how it will change based on the character.

One thing i'm not sure of however, you select 3 characters before your run of microgames starts & these are the ones you will need to get through them, but are they used in a set order or is it random like the microgame selection?

I don’t know about that, when I was playing Wario/Kat/Orbulon I swapped the order of Kat and Orbulon round because I wanted each of them on specific levels and it worked.

1 hour ago, pledge said:

Isn't the level order random though?

Yes it may be, but as far as I can tell during a run the same characters will get the same levels. Kat kept getting one game, so I swapped her order with Orbulon and then he got those games as I wanted. It was the windmill spin I think.

Also, before I swapped them Orbulon would always get the armpit plucking.

This is great, what I love is how the instructions are (generally) so obvious, and so literal, yet my brain still can't work it out sometimes. 

"Collect 3" - jump through the middle, failing instantly.

I haven't really enjoyed any of the others in the series as much as the original (though Touched was great) so I was ready to skip this but yeah; the demo was a lot of fun. Only played it in co-op though so I'll give it another wee try solo to make absolutely sure it's good before I buy it.

10 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I haven't really enjoyed any of the others in the series as much as the original (though Touched was great) so I was ready to skip this but yeah; the demo was a lot of fun. Only played it in co-op though so I'll give it another wee try solo to make absolutely sure it's good before I buy it.

Hold up, Twisted was phenomenal. It did so many interesting things with the gyroscope. Difficult to play now though, and the cart is probably crazy expensive.

I thought Touched was a bit crap to be honest, as every stage in each block had the same mechanic, so it was far too easy and had very few surprises.

2 hours ago, Paulando said:

Hold up, Twisted was phenomenal. It did so many interesting things with the gyroscope. Difficult to play now though, and the cart is probably crazy expensive.

Yes, Twisted is the pinnacle of the series.

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

The tilt sensor in my Twisted cart is broken. I was so gutted when I tried it and it didn't work.

What!! It never occurred to me that could happen. I need to go check something.