Jump to content
IGNORED

League 1, League 2, National League and beyond 2021/22


neoELITE
 Share

Where will my team end up  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

On 11/01/2022 at 22:20, neoELITE said:

@Angles Morts commiserations. Losing at home to them must be very frustrating. 

 

In other League 1 games, Sunderland lose at home to Lincoln. Wycombe win at Bolton in a 101 minute game. 21 minutes added time is absurd, even for Wycombe. 

Wigan have 5 games in hand over a lot of teams. 

 

In League 2, Forest Green go 9 points clear and 12 points clear of 4th. 

 

Only named 4 on the bench at Sunderland. First back to back wins of the season.  Changed the tactics a bit and that has helped a lot which has given the team some belief. They've always been not bad just stuck in a rut.   Just got Morgan Whittaker and Liam Cullen on loan  from Swansea. Still need a few more players though.  Fingers crossed for a good second half of the season. I will be there on Saturday for Cambridge @ home, first game in a bit because of covid cancellations. I did float the idea of Plymouth away but I have to juggle seeing my other half etc and I have to let some go sadly.

 

@neoELITE FA Cup 12:30 kickoff is a bit tough innit. Have you got a chance of a ticket?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, filecore said:

 

Only named 4 on the bench at Sunderland. First back to back wins of the season.  Changed the tactics a bit and that has helped a lot which has given the team some belief. They've always been not bad just stuck in a rut.   Just got Morgan Whittaker and Liam Cullen on loan  from Swansea. Still need a few more players though.  Fingers crossed for a good second half of the season. I will be there on Saturday for Cambridge @ home, first game in a bit because of covid cancellations. I did float the idea of Plymouth away but I have to juggle seeing my other half etc and I have to let some go sadly.

 

@neoELITE FA Cup 12:30 kickoff is a bit tough innit. Have you got a chance of a ticket?

 

That was a great win. 

 

I am a season ticket holder so I get priority. I could go to Chelsea but I won't. I don't expect they'll field anywhere near a full strength 11 against us. The same month, Chelsea play in the World Club Cup (four days after), they also have a Champions League game and play Arsenal and Leicester in the league.

 

It's on the BBC red button. I think I'll save my cash. We get 45% of the gate. The ticket prices at Chelsea are actually disgraceful but for once, I'm glad they are.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/tickets---membership/ticket-information/general-admission/ticket-prices0?pageTab=Premier League

I'm guessing the game will be a category B game. 

The club will probably make £800k from this fixture according to some on our club forums.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Angles Morts said:

Fucking hell, a bid for our top scorer comes in from a team two leagues below. It's shit being skint.

 

I know Wrexham have got Hollywood money but for fuck's sake. @Fatsam we are going to fall out!

 

 

Yeah, this has been rumoured for a while. I would say sorry, but it sounds like he'd be an ace signing for us.

 

A bid for Gilingham's Vadaine Oliver has been reported too, so maybe one has been rejected and we are going for the other one? Wanting both of them would seem a bit excessive.

 

Phil Parkinson was at the Franchise FC match though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Angles Morts said:

It should be illegal!

 

They are called the MK Franchise :quote:

He might not have been so keen if he was a Boreham Wood!

 

Shit sorry yeah, I've edited it now. Boreham Wood do have a mean defense to be fair. 

 

To be honest, I'm sure I'd be in a massive minority, and it obviously wouldn't happen, but I do actually think I would support some kind of bonkers self imposed transfer code of conduct that would prevent us going for someone from a club like Wimbledon if it harmed their chances of staying up or getting  promoted or something at a critical time of the season.

 

It's great to have money, security and be optimistic that we'll at some point get back to being a League One side, with a 4 sided stadium owned by the club, our own top notch training ground, and a decent youth system. All the things we had before the crooks came in. But I am not 100% comfortably with us spending fuck loads, definitely uneasy about us contributing to our leagues inflated wages, and how that impacts clubs operating on limited budgets. As it did us under trust ownership. And perhaps potentially being the bad guys when it comes to signing the odd player too. We've been the team overachieving in the league and the cups on a smallish budget, and the one fucked over by awful owners, and the old football league team languishing in the 5th tier. Never the bad guys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't blame Wrexham for trying to buy him, but I would blame our board for selling him. Centre forward is one of the two positions where we have no cover. I would say we've got about 20% chance of being relegated with him and 80% if he goes. I've seen the cost of relegation quoted as about £400k, so £180k is nowhere near enough even if he is in the final year of his contract. Another problem is if he has been personally offered loads and his head has been turned and performances drop.

 

Regarding financial controls, I think a 50+1 rule would make a lot of sense preventing owners from asset stripping or running clubs into the ground. It wouldn't stop well subsidised teams poaching players though, but we can't really complain too loudly as there were complaints from the other Combined Counties teams when we were reformed in tier 9 with a pre-built fanbase.

Our dedication to being fans owned is definitely costing us money (and therefore competitiveness) now though. We only just managed to get New Plough Lane (I mean the Cherry Red Records Fan's Stadium) built and avoid being groundless a second time. That would have killed the club.

 

Meanwhile some wag has said Woodyard was going to you as well, and updated Wikipedia to show that! This did not go down well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Angles Morts said:

Meanwhile some wag has said Woodyard was going to you as well, and updated Wikipedia to show that! This did not go down well.

 

I think we possibly might have tried to get Alex Woodyard you know.

 

It was mentioned last summer that we were attempting to sign him. Shit loads of names have been throw around, but I think that one was supposed to be a relatively solid source.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd hate to think what the average age of our squad would be without Palmer and Woodyard, probably not old enough to buy their post match fags!

 

I can't see us selling unless the offer is very much improved, we're not actually in financial trouble, just having to control costs for a few years until the dust from move settles.

Edit: Plus the buyer being a known moneybags should inflate the price even more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Angles Morts said:

Couldn't quite get the winner against Morecombe, but at least we didn't lose to them and get dragged into the dropzone. Still a bit precarious though, but at least Woodyard and Palmer started.

 

You have to beat teams like Morecambe at home. That must be worrying. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Left my house at 7.20 this morning..Got back about 10.15pm.   Should have put the game to bed in the first half, but Cambridge gave us the sucker punch in the 90th. At least my 3hr journey home was entertaining with some London-based Cambridge fans. Yes my team lost, but I had a good laugh and made the most of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, neoELITE said:

 

You have to beat teams like Morecambe at home. That must be worrying. 

 

 

It is, but I think people are relieved it wasn't a fourth loss in a row. I only listened on iFollow but sounds like a decent performance apart from not converting anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.