IGNORED

League 1, League 2, National League and beyond 2021/22

neoELITE

Where will my team end up  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, Angles Morts said:

Looks like you got Ollie Palmer @Fatsam, see you in League 2 next season!

https://wimbledonstatsblog.wordpress.com/2022/01/20/ollie-palmer-wimbledons-number-9/

Goals per game - with 1.87, without 0.64

Yeah, this does appear to be happening. Interesting and encouraging reading that. If he can get even more out of Paul Mullin and Jordan Davies that would be fantastic. I wonder if he’ll score one or two more goals at our level too. Did really well for Grimsby last time he was down here.

Apparently this will break our long standing record transfer fee paid for the return of Joey Jones from Liverpool for £210,000 in 1978.

3 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Lincoln might be that team that surges into the play offs - they weren't that good in the first half but they looked dangerous going forward and Marquis up front is always going to cause problems for the opposition.  

I'll take that prediction but I think it'll be too much. We're still paper thin at the back with injuries. Still looking nervously over our shoulders until we get a few more wins on the go, and our home form improves.

Marquis was what we needed upfront though. A striker to stick those goals in. First win at yours since the early 80s.

I'm going on Saturday (v Burton), and my attendance is surely the kiss of death.

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

Fleetwood 1 Argyle 1 at half time. The pitch is awful and it's been a bit of a long ball game so far. We could do with 3 points.

1-3 up with 88 on the clock and we draw 3-3 :hmm:

We threw away a point on Saturday in injury time too. Awful defending. 

EDIT just watched the replay of their equaliser. It's such a blatant foul on our keeper. It's ridiculous <_<

Properly fucked. The wheels have come off the season since the pre-xmas cancellations.

We can't score, we've sold one of our 3 players with no cover to a team TWO leagues below us (and he scored on his debut) leaving our team even younger and even smaller than it was.

There's fucking rugby markings on our pitch to try and drum up some cash.

Relegation is now probable.

Brilliant atmosphere last night and a decent performance from us to win 1-0. For a good part of the match we were the much better side and were resilient when Grimsby upped their game in the second half. Lainton had to pull off a fantastic save to keep it at 1-0, but there was also an incredible open goal miss from a yard out by our young centre back Max Cleworth towards the end. He looked completely gutted. We had to see the game out just for his sake.

On Palmer,  you couldn't ask for anything more from a debut really given he went straight into playing with a bunch of players he'd just met. A handful for their defence and of course got the only goal of the game.

Hopefully a midfield addition or two this week.

On 24/01/2022 at 16:10, neoELITE said:

@Fatsam - Stockport having Sarcevic and Paddy Madden in their starting eleven probably helps them - they're absolutely League 1 standard players. 

And that's now them top of the league.

Signings like that should be illegal.

2 hours ago, merman said:

Wes Burns scoring for fun at the moment... but the suspension of Morsy and presumably at least a two-match ban for Vincent-Young isn’t helpful.

Wes Burns scoring twice on Burns night 😛

Ipswich spaffing the cash again in this window. Their wage bill must be pushing FFP. 

Ipswich have always stuck to the rules. Unlike certain other clubs in the Championship.

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Ipswich spaffing the cash again in this window. Their wage bill must be pushing FFP. 

They've got the cash to buy our top scorer last season and leave him on the bench.

Not that I'm bitter or anything!

16 hours ago, Fatsam said:

Word on the street is that Wrexham have offered half a million pounds for Burton midfielder Tom O'Çonnor!

Ridiculous. 

Some weird scorelines today. We're 1-2 up at Doncaster but Sunderland are 4-0 down at Bolton. Wigan 0-0 away at Cheltenham and Wycombe 0-1 down at home. I expect a 125th minute equaliser from Wycombe :ph34r:

Feels like 2 points dropped today against Shrews. That feeling of vulnerability when you have long periods of pressure with only a single goal to show for it. Still precariously only 1 point above relegation because Morecombe refuse to lose. Sounds like the new left back has strengthened the defence but we have a big target-man shaped hole in our squad.

Fucking hell Sunderland!

2 hours ago, Angles Morts said:

Feels like 2 points dropped today against Shrews. That feeling of vulnerability when you have long periods of pressure with only a single goal to show for it. Still precariously only 1 point above relegation because Morecombe refuse to lose. Sounds like the new left back has strengthened the defence but we have a big target-man shaped hole in our squad.

Fucking hell Sunderland!

Fucking embarrassing! 

Automatic promotion isn’t going to happen. I wish they would sack LJ! There’s been too many of these hammerings. 

39 minutes ago, gingerling said:

Fucking embarrassing! 

Automatic promotion isn’t going to happen. I wish they would sack LJ! There’s been too many of these hammerings. 

The problem with Sunderland is utter arrogance. I've only seen Southampton come down to the third division and walk it. I get it from their supporters. If you get 20,000 at home, you shouldn't be losing to teams like Morecambe or Argyle. You do though.

You still have to win the league. Your team still has to play who they play and win. You can't expect to just win.

There's not a massive difference between the leagues now. Wrexham in non League are throwing around six figure transfer deals, Forrest Green Rovers are going to League 1. They aren't even a 'place'.

Slightly related. What's our new left wingback Callum McFazdean actually like? He's not fit enough to play for us yet. I believe he's one of the worst players to ever put on a Sunderland shirt, but did better for Plymouth and Bury in League 2 by the sound of it. Phil Parkinson seems to like him, it was he who took him to Sunderland.

Fucking football yesterday.

We really need to stop these early red cards in games. That's 4 this season now and it's happened twice against Maidenhead who I think we'd have been comfortably beating in both games with 11 men. For once it looked like it wouldn't matter as we were by far the better side for almost 90 minutes. Went 1-0 up, should have scored more, possibly should have had a penalty,  until they pop up in added time to get a hugely undeserved draw. They're  a team that's recently had decent results against high flying Halifax and Chesterfield, but weren't particularly good yesterday even with a man up.

Robbed!!!!

McFazdean is a terrific wing back and if Wrexham play 3-5-2, he'll be an asset. He's not a defender though. He got a lot of assists for us.

I was really annoyed when he left but it seems he struggled in League 1 with Sunderland. The Sunderland fans seem to hate everyone.

On 24/01/2022 at 21:05, Gigawatt said:

Yeah couldn’t you just stay away until we’ve got a few more wins on the board?

Oh dear you were right. Left house 8.30, got home 21:45, due to weather delays up North.  Had a good chat with some Ipswich fans though on the train who were getting home about 1am so I can't complain too much.   (As an aside, I do meet lots of sound footy fans on trains that do like a chat/drink, makes the journeys go much faster).

Lost 2-1 to Burton. Jimmy Floyd has them well drilled and they are all built like units. We struggled in the first half with the wind, then went ahead early in the second due to Marquis (2 in 2) , and then didn't have another shot on target.   6 home wins in 13 months. Shocking. Tactics work away but not home. Invites high press and we can't get it to our midfielders. So frustrating.  However I saw folk I'd not seen in a while and good to see @Gigawatt and Gw-JR so still had a fun day.

So, back in two weeks for Wycombe at home. Soz @Gigawatt!   

2 minutes ago, Gigawatt said:

No worries, we’ve got a couple of Tue night home games coming up that I assume you can’t make it to, so we might have a chance of getting some points then. 

Hah yes, thank goodness for the rearranged covid fixtures I can't make it to! Might save our season.

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

McFazdean is a terrific wing back and if Wrexham play 3-5-2, he'll be an asset. He's not a defender though. He got a lot of assists for us.

I was really annoyed when he left but it seems he struggled in League 1 with Sunderland. The Sunderland fans seem to hate everyone.

Ooh terrific will do. Yeah he'll definitely be played as a wing back.  We're quite strong on that left side of the back 3 when Lennon plays there so possibly any defensive frailties won't matter as much. And he'll obviously be playing at an even lower level too. I don't think he was particularly rated at Crewe either, but then I also read that they play with a back 4.

Is this community service? What have you done wrong?

The pleasures of having a season ticket! And I want my money's worth! The downs make the ups all the sweeter!