IGNORED

League 1, League 2, National League and beyond 2021/22

neoELITE

Where will my team end up  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, El Pibe said:

We're up!!! What a bloody relief that is after all the play-off disappointments in recent years.

The Grecians will be in League One next season! 😁

Congratulations. 

On 23/04/2022 at 21:52, wev said:

I do love how everyone who's in the play off spots in the National League is always pessimistic about their chances

It's the hope that kills ya, man! 

Very close to an even more ignominious end to our league one spell as we were 3-0 down at half time. The team actually turned up in the second half to claw 3 back, let another in, but enough fight to avoid a riot at full time at least.

53 minutes ago, Angles Morts said:

Very close to an even more ignominious end to our league one spell as we were 3-0 down at half time. The team actually turned up in the second half to claw 3 back, let another in, but enough fight to avoid a riot at full time at least.

Fair play.

I missed our game today as I was traveling back from Birmingham. I'm glad I did. 

Nice 1-0 win today against an organised and decent looking Southend team to go 1 point behind Stockport. Although we have played a game more.

That's 3 losses out of 4 for Stockport now! Amazing what a bit of pressure can do to team that were previously untouchable since Challinor took over. I put the second half of their Boreham Wood game on when I got back and there were some glum worried faces around. Sarcevic's suspension will have been a factor and he's back on Monday so I can certainly see them getting a result against Chesterfield who are fairly crap at the moment. 

Should we manage to beat a rejuvenated Boreham Wood on Monday ourselves, then Wrexham vs Stockport next Sunday could be a biggie.

4 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Fair play.

I missed our game today as I was traveling back from Birmingham. I'm glad I did. 

Of all the teams to get humped by :facepalm:. League One will be strong next year with Derby anyway.

12 hours ago, Angles Morts said:

Of all the teams to get humped by :facepalm:. League One will be strong next year with Derby anyway.

I streamed the first half travelling down the M5 and A38. I wasn't driving. 

We should have gone 1-0 up but MK Dons had Twine and he put in the best performance I've seen from an opposition player since Charlie Adam for Blackpool years before. He was unplayable. We also had four key players out. Three of whom are instantly on the teamsheet if available. 

Everything went wrong in our last ten games. 

I've just renewed my season ticket. To not make the playoffs on 80 points is ridiculous. 

Beat Crewe 2-1  in a nothing game at the end of the season. Somehow we managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. If Crewe's finishing had been any better then we'd have been 0-3 and they'd be cruising. After about 75mins we decided to start playing.  Didn't really deserve the win.

And then, after the game, the Big Apple has left by mutual consent. I'm sad to see him go. Lots aren't though and the overperformance of last year didn't help the expectation of some fans this year. Will make a good coach with a few more quid behind him, and I think a Championship club and his style of play will suit them. Now for us, a BIG summer which should be interesting.

I've just renewed my season ticket. To not make the playoffs on 80 points is ridiculous. 

For sure!

Ah well, at least you've got a tasty local derby next season.

Not a loss, but it feels like one giving away a penalty in the 89th minute against 10 men. 1-1. More minor disappointment serving as perfect preparation for coping with playoff catastrophe. Stockport now have the opportunity to win the league if they beat us next Sunday. 

8 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Wycombe 2 MK Dons 0.

Who wants to play Wycombe at Wembley? I expect both Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland will both want to lose tomorrow. :hmm:

Better that the Chairboys go up rather than the Franchise.

10 minutes ago, Angles Morts said:

Better that the Chairboys go up rather than the Franchise.

At least we won't have to play them next season. 

I think the yo-yo clubs from the Championship to League One will just continue. Peterborough, Rotherham, maybe Wycombe are a new one, Wigan, Barnsley. It's getting like the situation with Fulham and Norwich.

I think Wycombe will go up. They stifle and don't play like the others. We lost twice to them as we just couldn't keep possession and play through the thirds as they man marked our key players and tactically fouled and wasted time to kill any momentum. 

Should be an interesting day in league two today. Load of teams could still get the last automatic, plus the champions need to be decided. And plenty fighting for the playoffs!

Screenshot_20220507-145713.thumb.png.d36410c2155dd145cab9953e13b1c4c7.png

Just back from SJP via the pub. Disappointed that we didn't quite manage to go up as champions but would have absolutely bitten your hand off for autos when the season started.

Still can't quite believe that Bristol Rovers score. Amazing.

Yeah, astonishing. Scunthorpe are clearly diabolical so there would always be a chance, but forget anything in the premier league or the champions league, that's the game of the season to be at by a fucking mile.

First, second, or third is pretty irrelevant. Congratulations El Pibe! 

I see that the odious Wankleman has stitched up the Wycombe fans by refusing to sell them more than 2000 tickets, leaving tens of thousands of empty seats. In further attempts to stop any kind of atmosphere being created, he's splitting them up and positioning them miles from the pitch. So much for the frenzy of football he promised the FA.

He really is a cunt.

17 hours ago, Fatsam said:

Yeah, astonishing. Scunthorpe are clearly diabolical so there would always be a chance, but forget anything in the premier league or the champions league, that's the game of the season to be at by a fucking mile.

Just read that the first time Bristol Rovers had been in an automatic place for promotion was when the 7th goal went in.

Not the first time on the day, but first time all season!!!

18 hours ago, Fatsam said:

Hill did play mostly juniors with little to no league experience. (Wasn't their keeper 17yo and his second league game?). They didn't have to play that team. Maybe if it was a dead rubber, but this game wasn't.  

Those juniors will be at the club next season and it's not as if the more experienced players who weren't playing (and are about to be out of contract) have pulled up any trees for them this season. Northampton had 45 other opportunities to gain a single point.

14 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Northampton had 45 other opportunities to gain a single point.

They did indeed! I'd feel a little hard done by if I were a Northampton Town fan though. Though that's football.  I don't want to take anything away from Bristol Rovers. They did what they needed to do. 

What a fucking game :omg:

Stockport all over us for 20 minutes, but then we gradually took charge and an immense Palmer and classy Mullin made our chances count. We were pretty great all over the pitch, but that was a big difference. We had the better front two by a mile and Paddy Madden who has scored loads for them had a stinker. 3-0 tips the goal difference in our favour too and for the first time this season we've gone top of the fucking league!!!

Which will be why I'm now posting the league table.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1831ed9788443900e70abee7e16810e9.png

:omg:

Incredibly Stockport have lost 4 of their last 6 games now, which I'm not sure anyone anticipated. They've shit themselves a fair bit, but will obviously still win the league with 4 points from their remaining two games even if we win our game. Whatever happens between them and Torquay on Wednesday,  the title race is going to the last game of the season and I'm not sure I will be able to cope.

Just to make it worse, Bristol "hooligans" Rovers had our very own arrogant @ZOK on the pitch yesterday.

I can't stand their fans. Last time we played them, a guy with his Grandson who was only about 6 or 7 got knocked out. The thump noise was sickening. The little kid was in tears.

I wish they stayed in League 2.

25 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Just to make it worse, Bristol "hooligans" Rovers had our very own arrogant @ZOK on the pitch yesterday.

I can't stand their fans. Last time we played them, a guy with his Grandson who was only about 6 or 7 got knocked out. The thump noise was sickening. The little kid was in tears.

That makes it even better for me. :)

20 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Am I right in thinking you're a Plymouth fan?

Back when I was about 15 I was stood at the bus stop with my step-father (at the time about 60) after a match with Plymouth at The Memorial Stadium. 

Apropos of nothing I got flying kicked in the back by a Plymouth fan who then threatened my step-dad when he had the cheek to complain.

Strangely, I don't tarnish your whole club with the same brush though. 

4 hours ago, Richard said:

Am I right in thinking you're a Plymouth fan?

Back when I was about 15 I was stood at the bus stop with my step-father (at the time about 60) after a match with Plymouth at The Memorial Stadium. 

Apropos of nothing I got flying kicked in the back by a Plymouth fan who then threatened my step-dad when he had the cheek to complain.

Strangely, I don't tarnish your whole club with the same brush though. 

Yes. We have our fair share of idiots. Sadly. 

Every single game against Rovers there's trouble. Without fail. It's usually an unpleasant atmosphere. It's one of the few fixtures I really don't like going to. 

I’ve just found out that the League actually has rules and guidance on the players fielded for end of season games.

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

Guidance
From the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a League game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the League game before.

Scunthorpe did follow the guidance for the game.

So Sunderland are going to Wembley again to play Wycombe.  What fun!  They've got a fairly horrendous record at Wembley and Wycombe are quite possibly the worst team to play in that environment.  A one-off game where Wycombe will basically try and spoil the party.  It'll be 5 or 6 to 1 in terms of supporters.  It's got calamity written all over it.  Sunderland can park the bus though if they want to - they did against us at Home earlier in the season.

On a personal level, I'd like to get rid of Sunderland even though I cannot abide Wycombe.