IGNORED

League 1, League 2, National League and beyond 2021/22

neoELITE

Where will my team end up  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ace 2-0 away win for Wrexham against Eastleigh with Ben Tozer making his debut after signing yesterday for a bit too much money. Now for the big one against Notts County at home on Monday. They looked to have struggled and failed to beat 10 man Torquay today, but no doubt will be amazing against us.

40 minutes ago, Fatsam said:

Ace 2-0 away win for Wrexham against Eastleigh with Ben Tozer making his debut after signing yesterday for a bit too much money. Now for the big one against Notts County at home on Monday. They looked to have struggled and failed to beat 10 man Torquay today, but no doubt will be amazing against us.

£200,000 is lunacy. If that's right. 

We drew at home. Fleetwood were poor but we were so wasteful. Our keeper ended up being man of the match. We've played 3 shit teams at home, totally dominated all of them and got just 5 points out of them. It's worrying. All the opposition so far have time wasted from the start. Referees do nothing about it.

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

£200,000 is lunacy. If that's right. 

200 thousand is what Cheltenham told their local journalist.  I suppose some of that could be dependent on conditions such as promotion or whatever, but for a 31 year old defender who has played almost all of his career in league 2 with only 12 months on his contract it certainly sounds like an awful lot. 

Kind of disappointed with a draw against Torquay what with them being down to 10 men for the majority of the match.

Couldn't get BT Sport sorted for today but hope the games good (and the Magpies win against Its Always Raining In Wrexham ;))

57 minutes ago, wev said:

Kind of disappointed with a draw against Torquay what with them being down to 10 men for the majority of the match.

Couldn't get BT Sport sorted for today but hope the games good (and the Magpies win against Its Always Raining In Wrexham ;))

Yeah, it surprised me a bit. And they'll always have a chance with Gary Johnson in charge, but I thought Torquay had had become a little bit weaker over the summer.

The game tonight could go either way. Notts County are decent and have strengthened.  We've started slowly in our first two matches, so we could see an early away goal. It sounds like we haven't particularly controlled the games either, but have been full of energy and great in attack. I'll be surprised if we don't score. We're generally shit on TV and it looks like our owners will be there which could be a bit of a distraction for the first one.

It might not be the super duper go reds confident Hollywood star winning mentality that I'm maybe supposed to take now, but I'll be happy with a draw.

(Lincoln)

Good job I wasn't there Saturday (against Oxford). Apparently we were woeful with the forced formation, especially first half.  Really struggling with injuries at the moment, and we haven't  replaced Brennan Johnson upfront. 

Looks like Tayo Edun is off to Blackburn for 500k (not bad for a free). We need his replacement (which I'm sure they have in hand), plus a striker and a keeper.  

Feel like we're like Oxford and Blackpool last season who had a rough start.

My next game is Cambridge away (11th) , then Ipswich home (18th) .    Rotherham next weekend (4th)  was happening, but with internationals, no chance a London based ST holder is making a rearranged Tues night game. Good job I hadn't bought train tickets!

Some excellent football played tonight that fizzled out towards the end because both sides were knackered.

If the James Jones goal in the first half hadn't been incorrectly ruled out we'd have gone on to win it I reckon, so we were definitely unlucky. I was pleased how we pushed for and got the equaliser after half time though. New players being chucked in, so we'll improve, but I still thought we were pretty fantastic at times. Particularly in the first half. Mullin and Hyde up front are a force to be reckoned with. Notts County looked more resilient at the back compared to the end of last season, defending well throughout, and obviously showed their quality when they had the ball.

Great game.

It was a good game. Both teams really going for it. Cracking goal by Wootton for the opener, although as you say @Fatsam, Jones goal should never have been ruled out, and was a lovely hit.

I didn't get to see as much of the second half, but in the first half it was the final ball letting Wrexham down most of the time. 

Both sides moved the ball well, and while I haven't seen much of the other teams in the league, I'd expect both of them to be up there challenging based on last night's game. 

Should be yeah, although I think the standard of the top sides has moved up a notch this year with plenty of money splashed around. Chesterfield added excellent striker Tshimanga for 250,000 to an already decent side. Probably the most expensive squad from last season Stockport added a rumoured 350,000 Scott Quigley who scored all the goals for Barrows promotion. Then you have Dagenham and Redbridge who already had a small, but excellent squad and have continued their form from the end of last season. All are potential league winners.

I think it will probably take a while for Wrexham to really hit their stride as players get used to each other. We've got a month and a half of tough fixtures coming up too before an easier run of games up until Christmas. 

Well, Bersant Celina is a decent loan signing for League 1 and he played for us before.

The new CEO certainly seems to be backing up Paul Cook’s decisions, but time will tell.

With no fixture on Saturday, the manager has time to work on DEFENDING.

We had a resounding victory over Palace youth last night in the highly prestigious PJs Trophy.

We have also resigned (on loan again) Olaofe who was last season's top scorer and young player of the year.  I can only assume that Millwall are well stocked in the striker / left sided attacker position, because I would have thought he could make some impact for them this season even if off the bench or in the cups perhaps.   He will now be competing with Enzio Boldewijn (formerly of Notts County and Crawley) who seems pretty lively so far on that side of the pitch .  David Ajiboye has the right side sewn up, the latest in a long line of right wingers but by far the most consistent, and given he is still only 22, could even perhaps go on to bigger things.

10 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

We had a resounding victory over Palace youth last night in the highly prestigious PJs Trophy.

:D

I forgot we even played yesterday. We lost 0-2 away at Newport and fielded a 15 year old centre forward. It's an atrocious competition and it just needs to disappear. Some attendances are under 200. There's a chance of going to Wembley to see your team in a final I suppose but..... who wants it? Fans don't seem to care, managers hate it and it's just pointless. 

Well done to Sutton though. 

A game that further highlighted room for improvement by the sound of it, but coming back to get a draw after being 2-0 down away at Southend is decent. Particularly as we were missing Mullin up front due to a minor injury. Next Saturday at home against Woking feels like the first game where victory is expected and booing will no doubt ensue from some sections should that not happen. Although they have won 2 out of 3 so far. 4-0 away at Torquay last game. Start packing your bags Parky! 

First win at a populated Plough Lane yesterday, and to do it against bogey team Oxford and their ex-franchise arse of a manager was all the more sweet.

It’s looking like this is going to be a good season after the last few which were a struggle. It’s looking so good that fans are worried how long our players are under contract.

2 hours ago, Fatsam said:

A game that further highlighted room for improvement by the sound of it, but coming back to get a draw after being 2-0 down away at Southend is decent. Particularly as we were missing Mullin up front due to a minor injury. Next Saturday at home against Woking feels like the first game where victory is expected and booing will no doubt ensue from some sections should that not happen. Although they have won 2 out of 3 so far. 4-0 away at Torquay last game. Start packing your bags Parky! 

It's looking like a really open, competitive season so far. I know there's only been four completed so far but it feels like anyone can get a result and it's hard to predict the outcome of games.

Sutton 2 Stevenage 1

Scrappy first half, then 5 crazy minutes when we went 0-1, 1-1, 2-1 pen and man off for them. Played some good stuff after that too. Injury time incredibly nerve-wracking but we didn't sit back and invite pressure.  Particularly pleasing after Covid disruption, with some regulars missing.

On our way :slowclap:

We beat Wednesday 3-0 yesterday and it was easy for most of the 90 minutes. A decent crowd of almost 14,000 including about 1,700 away fans. Great weather, a great atmosphere and a perfect result for us. 

Our new back 3 are excellent. They're defenders and they defend. Last season we had a torrid record of conceding 80+ goals. 

Our midfield dominated a poor Wednesday side who looked overawed. I expected a tough game. It wasn't tough at all.

I met some Owl fans in the social club after and they were a bit deluded. Apparently, it was our cup final as the home fans stayed after the final whistle to applaud the team. Erm..... we do that when we win and put in a performance like that regardless of who we play. Sheffield United won 6-2. They were rather upset about that. 

A thoroughly deserved win. I thought we really clicked yesterday.  Proper tasty!

Screenshot_20210912_095629.thumb.jpg.419dfcda7921d83cf6faff8d88c5de07.jpg