IGNORED

League 1, League 2, National League and beyond 2021/22

neoELITE

Where will my team end up  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don’t know anything about how good Wimbledon are, I just hope we put on a good performance like on Saturday and then I think we’ll have a chance. Would be nice to have a first clean sheet of the season at home too. 

33 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Fucking hell at Ipswich... 4-0 so far!!

Ha! I've had a bit of a sulk on since the Cambridge game and then the first 41 minutes or whatever today where largely the same as the second half of the Cambridge game - two poor League One teams struggling to do anything (and Portsmouth had a golden opportunity after about 10 minutes that they spurned). 

Then the Pompey keeper thinks he's still at Man City and tries to take it round Bonne - absolute madness, gifts a goal to us (although Bonne did very, very well to score) and it's plain sailing from there. Great second half - if everyone can just gift us a goal and fall apart for the rest of the season that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

We beat Bolton 3-0 in ridiculous conditions. The last ten minutes were becoming farcical. Our 3rd goal was hilarious and the celebration was fantastic. 

I got home utterly drenched. There's flooding everywhere and the pathway out of the park where our ground is was a river. 

We're 13 games unbeaten now. 

Our 3rd goal.

:lol:

How the fuck was that Plymouth Bolton game allowed to continue neoELITE? We had one the same that was annoyingly abandoned recently when we were 2-0 up. Funny goal though!

Only missed one home game because I was away, but it's over a month since I've actually seen Wrexham play and still a week on Saturday until Torquay at home. Marine in the FA Cup away is the closest club to me, but the tickets went in about 10 minutes for that. As it turned out I was pleased to miss it and we were lucky to come away with a 1-1 thanks to a 95th minute equaliser. Apparently we've not been very good for the last couple of games although both were draws. Improved last night though as we beat them 2-0 in the replay. Harrogate away for the first round is a bit shit though. Unglamorous and tricky.

5 hours ago, Fatsam said:

How the fuck was that Plymouth Bolton game allowed to continue neoELITE? We had one the same that was annoyingly abandoned recently when we were 2-0 up. Funny goal though!

I think there's a rule that a game abandoned after 70 minutes, the result remains and you have to play the remaining minutes at another time.  It only started to get bad on 85 minutes so I think the ref took pity on Bolton and just allowed it to finish.  They'd have had another mid week trip to Plymouth to play 5 minutes. 

We got our new manager, ex player Kevin Maher, takes over on a two and half year contract at Southend United.

He will bring in Mark Bentley (who managers currently Canvey Island) and Darren Currie (who was joint manager of the Sheffield United U23 team).

Lets hope we get some stability and give the club legend (he played 386 times for us) time to settle and assess what we can do to improve on and off the pitch.

11 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

We got our new manager, ex player Kevin Maher, takes over on a two and half year contract at Southend United.

He will bring in Mark Bentley (who managers currently Canvey Island) and Darren Currie (who was joint manager of the Sheffield United U23 team).

Lets hope we get some stability and give the club legend (he played 386 times for us) time to settle and assess what we can do to improve on and off the pitch.

Sounds like he was up against it and barely had any games, but Phil Brown failing isn't a massive surprise. Reminiscent of when Wrexham had Brian Little on his downward career trajectory. Hopefully you'll turn a corner now, but it's new owners that you really want isn't it?

With effectively only two going down because we're still short of a team and Dover are done for, at least it's a season where relegation fears aren't as acutely felt which will help your new manager being allowed time to turn things around.

Must note that some of our discontented fans have also been likening Phil Parkinson to Brian Little over the last couple of weeks! 

19 hours ago, neoELITE said:

I think there's a rule that a game abandoned after 70 minutes, the result remains and you have to play the remaining minutes at another time.  It only started to get bad on 85 minutes so I think the ref took pity on Bolton and just allowed it to finish.  They'd have had another mid week trip to Plymouth to play 5 minutes. 

Ah yeah. Surely games should finish at whatever the scoreline is after 70 minutes without the need to make up the full 90 another time makes more sense. 

40 minutes ago, Fatsam said:

Sounds like he was up against it and barely had any games, but Phil Brown failing isn't a massive surprise. Reminiscent of when Wrexham had Brian Little on his downward career trajectory. Hopefully you'll turn a corner now, but it's new owners that you really want isn't it?

With effectively only two going down because we're still short of a team and Dover are done for, at least it's a season where relegation fears aren't as acutely felt which will help your new manager being allowed time to turn things around.

Must note that some of our discontented fans have also been likening Phil Parkinson to Brian Little over the last couple of weeks! 

Yes very much so, buy don't think the chairman wants to sell due to the potentially financial gain he will get if/when we move to the proposed new stadium and he gains from the land sell of Roots Hall etc.

But this has been dragging on forever though, so the he is not putting any money into the current stadium, training ground, staff, development etc

I look at clubs like Southend United and often thank my lucky stars that the season after admin when we were using loanees and kids and just about survived League 2, we didn't go down into the National League.  John Sheridan gets a lot of flack from our supporters but what he did was actually miraculous keeping us in the league.  

It took a long time to get promoted out of League 2 but the club I support is now really in a healthy place and just keeps improving both on and off the field.

We had 14,000 in on Tuesday to see the game against Bolton.  I think, if we'd had a Tuesday night fixture at home to someone like Solihull Moors, it would be around 3,000. 

I'd still go as it's more a social event for me but it wouldn't have been nice so I'm really empathetic with fans of former 'bigger' clubs.  I even have sympathy for Sunderland and Portsmouth fans being stuck in League 1 (not Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday though as they're still in the 'disbelief' stage of grief). 

12 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I look at clubs like Southend United and often thank my lucky stars that the season after admin when we were using loanees and kids and just about survived League 2, we didn't go down into the National League.  John Sheridan gets a lot of flack from our supporters but what he did was actually miraculous keeping us in the league.  

It took a long time to get promoted out of League 2 but the club I support is now really in a healthy place and just keeps improving both on and off the field.

We had 14,000 in on Tuesday to see the game against Bolton.  I think, if we'd had a Tuesday night fixture at home to someone like Solihull Moors, it would be around 3,000. 

I'd still go as it's more a social event for me but it wouldn't have been nice so I'm really empathetic with fans of former 'bigger' clubs.  I even have sympathy for Sunderland and Portsmouth fans being stuck in League 1 (not Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday though as they're still in the 'disbelief' stage of grief). 

I am worried how we are spiralling down further and further. We (Southend) had the lowest attendance, 3,342, for a home game when we played Eastleigh on the 6th October in 17 years.

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

....... (not Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday though as they're still in the 'disbelief' stage of grief). 

Ipswich are a big club... they're just not in the right league atm ;) 

Yeah York are the classic case, managing promotion to the football league and then swiftly coming down and then getting relegated again to the North for good measure.

National League North isn't the easiest to escape either. You really have to get your shit together or cross your fingers in the playoffs. There are always clubs with money and brilliantly run ones with limited resources racking up the points.  As you see this season with Fylde, and our old manager Kevin Wilkin doing well at Brakley. 

In time for Torquay next week, we've just had a new plush padded seating section installed in front of a revamped Altitude Suite at the very top of our stand as far away from the riffraff as possible. I sit just down from there so will have a Yorkie bar at the ready to lob at Deadpool's face when we go 1-0 down.

image.png.5e7920d07b43d5cbf2fc9f2f08e6da00.png

Exciting end to the game today - Celina scoring the winner in the 93rd minute (or there abouts). Throws his shirt in the crowd whilst celebrating, Chaplin has to go and ask for it back so that he can play the last 90 seconds or so. 

On 19/10/2021 at 17:13, artz said:

Another RLLMUK derby tonight, how confident are you @Gigawatt and @filecore?

I'm not massively confident myself, we had a great start to the season but our form dropped off recently. Hopefully Pressley is fit otherwise we'll have to start without a centre forward again seeing as Palmer is out for months.

Hey @artz sorry I've been away on holiday.  Good win for you, although I think we should be better than we are (a little at least!)  I think we are the only team in the EFL without a clean sheet so far. Night and day from last year.  At least we went to Hillsborough on Sat and got a draw, though we desperately lack firepower this season.  Nice to see Freddie Draper, a 17yo product of our academy come on as a sub though for his first prof debut.   Wigan tonight, I'd take a draw there.   My next game is Shrews at home on Sat.     Picture here of me on my hols just about to run Lands End Parkrun last Sat. (If you get to Land End early enough you can get your picture with the sign for free!) 

Screenshot 2021-10-26 121938.png

A surprise first appearance by our owners away at Maidenhead tonight!

image.thumb.png.dadbbc3078cb2c946be9528c81fdfd78.png

Wrexham losing 2-0 and down to 10 men after 30 minutes 

Welcome to Wrexham :lol:

EDIT

A 3-2 loss then after getting it back to 2-2.  Disappointing not to build on a great 3-0 win away at Barnet on Saturday, but that's the way our season is going at the moment. 

17 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Relieved to get back to winning ways away to Colchester tonight, especially having lost 4 senior players to injury and suspension these last few weeks. 

Great stuff Cosmic you also won me a few quid by beating them by two clear goals, so thanks!

Surprise for us last night playing a blinder (only second to our Cambridge performance) and took all 3 points at Wigan. Thought we finally had a clean sheet as well, but then they got a consolation in the 95th.  Loanee from Southampton Dan N’Lundulu who has struggled  up till now, got his first goal, and a lovely one it was, with a nice pass from Teddy Bishop. This was fortunate as our main man Scully is out for a couple of games.  Hopefully Dan can push on from this.

First goal: 

10 hours ago, merman said:

Ipswich Under-23 coach Kieron Dyer in hospital...

Hopefully, he'll be OK.

We're at home to Ipswich on Saturday. We're unbeaten at home, unbeaten in 14 games. Our only defeat was the first game of the season. 

I have a feeling Saturday is the end of that run. It can't go on forever. 

Wigan losing on Tuesday kept us top - nice one @filecore

We had 9150 at our last home game about 10 weeks ago, the highest midweek attendance since 1978 and there will be more today against Torquay because the away section has been halved. Unfortunately, Hosannah's sending off last game was a case of mistaken identity and Paul Mullin has now been rightly banned for 3 games. He's been hugely impressive this season scoring regularly in side that hasn't created an awful lot of chances and consistently a class above above anyone else in our side. Clearly miles too good for this league. Embarrassingly good. Our second best striker Hyde is out injured too. So yeah, I'm not particularly confident. Be ace to see a big crowd though. A bit of pressure on Parkinson to deliver today.  

Stockport sacked their manager Rusk this week then who their fans appeared to dislike from the start. Expect someone more reliably competent employed and further big signings.

I'd expect Wrexham to do some significant squad building cash splashing in January too. Midfield needs a bit of attention.