Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - 9th July '21

Strafe

Quick question, I’ve just bought the stable upgrade so I can store more Monsties, it’s sat in my inventory but how do I actually use it, I can’t seem to find a way to, same goes for combo recipes, I have loads in my inventory but they aren’t in my combo list

6 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Edge 6 means it's excellent. If you check out the amount of insanely fun, inventive and satisfying games over the mag's run time an astounding amount of them walk away with a 6. Saints Row 2, Binary Domain, yadda yadda.

Judgment!!

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this a lot over the last few days... it's pretty good! I had some reservations initially, I found the contrast in the presentation a bit jarring (amazing cut scenes, character models and battle animation and effects, but poor environments), but I've grown used to it. The repetitive areas and dens were also concerning but I'm hooked enough on the combat and monstie nurturing that that barely bothers me anymore either (I use a stealthy monstie and sneak through a lot of them).

I thought I'd struggle not being a big Monster Hunter fan (I enjoyed World and played Rise briefly) and therefore not knowing many of the monsters but that hasn't been a problem, I'd imagine series fans will get more out of that aspect than I have still.

The battle system is great, the weapon type and rock-paper-scissors attack type systems work really well in an RPG, and there is plenty of variety in monsters and their shifting attack patterns to keep it interesting. Breaking a monster part and knocking them down will never get boring, and the attack animations are absoloutely gorgeous :wub: 

Can people on here starting showing this some more love please before I start crying?

Finished the story in a little under 40 hours, level 50, now going to start hitting the High Rank dens to get some better high rank gear before trying to get myself some Deviant Monstie Eggs. Also caught a a Rainbow Nergigante last night so that got me pretty excited!

There's some incredibly exotic monsties to use in this, but my go to is Barry the Jade Barroth, whose kinship skill is to turn into a massive show shovel and fling a giant snowball at the monster you're fighting 😅

I don't need any others.