IGNORED

Benny's awesome 90s PC game corner. Sometimes obscure.

Benny

I've got Raptor in my GOG library. I played the demo years ago, probably on a Duke Nukem 3D disc or something similar.

One I've put more hours into than I should have but nobody has ever heard of is 7 Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries.

I also absolutely loved Warhammer: Dark Omen.

Total Annihilation Kingdoms was probably better known, but was a hell of a game.

Perhaps a forgotten classic:

lol at the comments under the video from people saying they didn't understand how to play it. You just collected mana until you had enough, and finished the levels - that was it :lol:

Microprose’s Knights Of The Sky. Played it for ages, through the entire campaign, got to the last German ace I had to dispatch in my Sopwith or whatever I was flying by the end, shot him down and flew back to base in time for tea, and the game corrupted my save file. Never bothered playing it again.

Also, Geoff Crammond’s GP2. I was a wizard on that, just using keyboard.

3 minutes ago, b00dles said:

Dungeon keeper should probably get a mention and I've always thought it should have had a remake by now. Especially with D&D itself having a resurgence. 

You don't want to know what they did to Dungeon Keeper...

My one of these is Incoming, by Rage Software.

I think it was a freebie with a graphics card I got when I was too young to afford many games, so I played it a lot:

Looking back, it was objectively terrible. Lots of turrent sequences and the occasional flying around bit.

Anyone remember R.A.N.X.?

It wasn't good but I remember it as it came out when I was 10 and there was a "sex scene" which was probably less sexy than Sam Fox poker. 

Here's the poster just to get the level of it (and we wondered how gamergate could have arisen in the hobby :facepalm: )

image.thumb.png.e75fd3f904f8349ce10bae0aa2bfa7f4.png

Similar to KGB, I played an amazing text adventure game called Border Zone which I was terrible at, and never got past the first chapter.  The interesting thing about it was that it had a clock constantly running with timed events triggering every so often, so you could be discovered by a guard or whatever while you were deciding what to do. I remember a really palpable sense of panic from it!

20 minutes ago, b00dles said:

Anyone remember R.A.N.X.?

It wasn't good but I remember it as it came out when I was 10 and there was a "sex scene" which was probably less sexy than Sam Fox poker. 

Here's the poster just to get the level of it (and we wondered how gamergate could have arisen in the hobby :facepalm: )

image.thumb.png.e75fd3f904f8349ce10bae0aa2bfa7f4.png

Hold up a minute.

Enhance

image.png.c0ca72653811da4c8c1d3fa4728ac79d.png

That explains a lot.

32 minutes ago, b00dles said:

Oh did they do a sequel I've actively blocked out? Unsurprising really. 

The sequel let you take control of your minions in first-person mode, if I am remembering correctly. I think it was very well received at the time? 

38 minutes ago, PK said:

I remember really loving the look of KGB, but being absolutely terrible at it. I was 9 when it came out so that might have had something to do with it.

Wasn't there pretty adult things in this? Like prostitutes and stuff?

8 minutes ago, Gabe said:

The sequel let you take control of your minions in first-person mode, if I am remembering correctly. I think it was very well received at the time? 

The first game had that as one of its key features! An RTS where you could directly control your minions like in an FPS seemed very exciting in 1997 :lol:

But no, Benny is referring to this, I fear.

3 minutes ago, Wiper said:

The first game had that as one of its key features! An RTS where you could directly control your minions like in an FPS seemed very exciting in 1997 :lol:

But no, Benny is referring to this, I fear.

That is indeed what I was referring to.