IGNORED

Mergers & Acquisitions: General Thread

Robo_1

• Robo_1 changed the title to Mergers & Acquisitions: Microsoft To Buy Activision Blizzard For $68.7 Billion
1 minute ago, Wahwah* said:

Can we get rid of this thread.  It overlaps with a thread which is bigger than this wannabe megathread. It is stupid to discuss this here when there is a dedicated thread for the topic. 

Please leave it, there's more than Microsoft and Activision out there.

5 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Deal isn't closed. Doesn't close until 2023. Deal is underway, officially.

Until Microsoft’s 2023. Which starts in July. There’s a reasonable chance, I suspect, of it closing this calendar year.

5 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Can we get rid of this thread.  It overlaps with a thread which is bigger than this wannabe megathread. It is stupid to discuss this here when there is a dedicated thread for the topic. 

A megathread should acquire this thread, so that it can be merged into it.

35 minutes ago, layten said:

The real Dark Souls lols starts when Microsoft acquire From Software.

I think they are already partially Tencent via their owner Kadokawa. 

Staggering news.  Some fuckin' cahones on Microsoft for sure.  Massive brands with Xbox perks?  Crazy times. 

Still, I haven't bought anything Activision (aside from Sekiro eek!) in years and years. 

On 18/01/2022 at 16:20, Wahwah* said:

I think this thread has worked out quite nicely. It's caught a lot of smaller mergers and acquisitions, I've kept the title up to date to keep people up to speed on the latest topic and it's clearly not prevented major news discussion from branching into its own major thread. I've even directed people to that thread to mitigate overlap which by and large it has. I have just updated the thread title to prevent the two thread titles clashing though, I appreciate that could have been needlessly confusing.

I honestly don't think many, if any of the acquisitions covered in this thread would have merited or had their own thread, so this seems as reasonable a place to cover them as any and if anybody does create a dedicated thread about any particular merger or acquisition, I'll be more than happy to help funnel discussion to it.

Edit: Thanks to everyone who has shown support for keeping the thread. :)

• Robo_1 changed the title to Mergers & Acquisitions: General Thread