John Wick Chapter 4

JohnC

• JohnC changed the title to John Wick Chapter 4

I know i'm going to enjoy the hell out of this anyway, but I really wish they would lay off the bulletproof suit gimmick, it's proper overdone now. The 3rd went too far with it by the end.

The 2nd one has the most inventive and interesting set pieces. A lot of that trailer looks too similar to the style of part 3. 

I think it'll still be good, don't get me wrong, i mean Scott Adkins is in it, and he really brings his A-game to every picture, sensational martial artist. 

But these choice of locals - desert - motorbike scene - glass filled neon drenched building - are all in part 3, i'd like to see some more variety!

The catacombs and art gallery in part 2 were incredible scenes and i'd definetely prefer something more akin to that. Even the car lot opening in 2 was awesome

On 13/07/2021 at 17:44, Gabe said:

I preferred Nobody to the second & third Wick films, by some distance. 

Nobody was spectacular. Loved it. That finale in the workshop had me howling with laughter and the inventiveness of the action. Great movie.

On 13/07/2021 at 17:44, Gabe said:

The first film was great - stylish, slick, brutal. The second and third though offered nothing new, just threw more people at him (with the standard henchman terrible aim booster pack), whilst also making him feel ever more invincible.

I preferred Nobody to the second & third Wick films, by some distance. 

Nobody absolutely rekindled the vibe of Wick 1 for me, at least in terms of the stakes.

I was talking about this on Twitter the other day - someone said that John Wick didn't need to have sequels, and I said that it didn't need those sequels. I would have enjoyed another John Wick film that involved random mob goons as opposed to full body-armour elite operatives or whatever.

I like the sequels, but I agree that the exposition around the Continental and all that isn't needed.  But that's nerds for you, who can't let a cool thing just be there because it is cool, but need it explaining and then complain when it doesn't match up to the idea in their heads.

I remember seeing the second one and it had the paperwork of the organisation being doing by women with tattoos on Commodore 64s and I don't ever want it explaining as to why it is that way because the answer should be "why not?"

32 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I like the sequels, but I agree that the exposition around the Continental and all that isn't needed.  But that's nerds for you, who can't let a cool thing just be there because it is cool, but need it explaining and then complain when it doesn't match up to the idea in their heads.

I remember seeing the second one and it had the paperwork of the organisation being doing by women with tattoos on Commodore 64s and I don't ever want it explaining as to why it is that way because the answer should be "why not?"

What has the direction the sequels have taken got to do with nerds? Wouldn’t it have been that the first one beat expectations, so the writers had to expand things out based on what they’d created in the first? I’m not sure how nerds have had any input into that.

5 hours ago, Down by Law said:

I know i'm going to enjoy the hell out of this anyway, but I really wish they would lay off the bulletproof suit gimmick,

I watched it thought the exact same thing.  Highly trained assassins duelling it out, and not one head shot?  Ridiculous.   Its all body shots and then get in close for swords/knives and kung fu - because it looks cool.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

What has the direction the sequels have taken got to do with nerds? Wouldn’t it have been that the first one beat expectations, so the writers had to expand things out based on what they’d created in the first? I’m not sure how nerds have had any input into that.

I'm not saying it was nerds that demanded this in particular, but it's clear that the sequels (and wasn't there supposed to be a spinoff series?) were going that way because that's the way everything is going. 

46 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I'm not saying it was nerds that demanded this in particular, but it's clear that the sequels (and wasn't there supposed to be a spinoff series?) were going that way because that's the way everything is going. 

There still is a spin-off prequel happening

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/300290-the-continental-john-wick-tv-spin-off/