IGNORED

Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK

QuackQuack

I got back on the Monster Train erm... train and despite being unsupported it runs brilliantly. I had to map the system magnify to a back button to read some of the text but aside from that it has been boss 

image.png.ad6a54d4b6c464eb23275d7df6bf53cf.png

It's a bit flaky and the controls were twitchy as hell out of the box, but I have been mucking about with the Steam Input settings and it's starting to feel playable. Best bit of advice is to press the stick up and roll it around the top edge of the socket - someone gave me that nugget of wisdom in the Driveclub thread may years ago and I've played racing games that way ever since.

Update on my Disco Elysium via Heroic drama: I'm back home now and still can't get it to work. Thankfully, my saves all uploaded to the cloud so I've just re-installed it on my Desktop PC and will finish playing it there. The save issue has been reported by someone else on Reddit, so it appears to be a quirk with this particular game rather than Heroic itself. The whole thing has still been enough to put me off trying to play Epic games on this thing, however.

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

image.png.ad6a54d4b6c464eb23275d7df6bf53cf.png

It's a bit flaky and the controls were twitchy as hell out of the box, but I have been mucking about with the Steam Input settings and it's starting to feel playable. Best bit of advice is to press the stick up and roll it around the top edge of the socket - someone gave me that nugget of wisdom in the Driveclub thread may years ago and I've played racing games that way ever since.

What version of Daytona is that?!

Oh god, Rollerdrome is glorious on this slab of valve tomfoolery. Solid 60fps, and looks fresher than a daisy.

It's also pretty sick to shoot someone while doing a backflip on rollerskates.

In other games that are pretty sick, Descenders is (was?) on offer. It's not a solid 60, but that's because I keep hooning it off-road like a dickhead on a bike. I loved it on Series S, so picking it up for cheap permanently seems like a no-brainer.

2 hours ago, Popo said:

What version of Daytona is that?!

Daytona 3 AFAIK. There’s a download link in the comments of the video on the previous page. 

Edit: from what I can gather — and the game is flaky as hell — it really isn’t bad at all. Obviously @Lyrical Donut got to play it properly, but I’d put a few quid up it if it let me. 

24 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Daytona 3 AFAIK. There’s a download link in the comments of the video on the previous page. 

Edit: from what I can gather — and the game is flaky as hell — it really isn’t bad at all. Obviously @Lyrical Donut got to play it properly, but I’d put a few quid up it if it let me. 

I've played with a FFB wheel on PC - it's alright, but there's just something missing compared to the original - which runs and handles perfectly via RPCS3, btw. 

On 09/08/2022 at 20:33, bradigor said:

Ok. User the Emu Deck update tool. it should give you the option to change cemu 1.27 that allows you to use WUA (Wii U Archive). You just place the WUA file in emulator/ROMs/wiiu and should be good to go. 

When you want to try it give me a shout.

I ran the Emu Deck updater pretty recently, but still have Cemu 1.26. How do I get it to 1.27? 

2 hours ago, eddydonuk said:

Got my replacement delivered today. Took exactly 3 weeks in total.

Cheers - How long did it take to ship to you? They’ve said I should expect a dispatch email but haven’t had that yet.

3 hours ago, Paulando said:

I ran the Emu Deck updater pretty recently, but still have Cemu 1.26. How do I get it to 1.27? 

The tool updater? Or emudeck itself?

5 hours ago, Strafe said:

Cheers - How long did it take to ship to you? They’ve said I should expect a dispatch email but haven’t had that yet.

Got my despatch email last Friday. Delivered yesterday (Tuesday).

Wasn’t planning to play PS1 and earlier on this as I have a couple of other (smaller) devices to play that stuff on - an RG351P and a Miyoo Mini.

But holy fuck, just tried SOTN and it’s so great. Nice big screen and the controls are excellent. It is bloody huge though, that’s the only downside, but I can definitely see myself lounging around in the evening playing some earlier titles. This thing is an absolute beast.

I heard the screen works quite well as a massive Game Boy Advance, as well.

I still haven't dabbled with it too much, though - again, bit busy with a backlog of thousands :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Siri said:

I heard the screen works quite well as a massive Game Boy Advance, as well.

It’s OK, but the RG351P is way superior for GBA I reckon. It’s a bit low resolution for a 7” screen.

Would love to get Wario Ware Twisted working with the gyro though!

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

Using an Xbox controller with the Deck plugged into an external display is really laggy. Is there any way to mitigate this?

There's some chat about it on other websites like here, but TBH I found XBox series controllers basically eat shit over Bluetooth, even on Windows computers.

PS4 controllers seem to work better on Linux via Bluetooth, and are fucking awful via Windows. The only controllers I found that work right are non-affiliated controllers, like ones made by 8bitdo.

Fired up Trackmania United this evening and it suits the Steam Deck perfectly, the interface is shitty and looks crap but in game is nice and crisp and responsive and its a perfect pick up and play game.

One thing that does annoy me is that I can’t find a way to filter my library to uninstalled. It’s a pan when looking for things to install.

9FEB7908-34A8-47BE-AD38-443350088005.thumb.jpeg.59753f9f62e22272e4e39edd0aa24538.jpeg

Never thought there’d be a good way to emulate DS games, but this works incredibly well for Dawn of Sorrow. There’s one button to quickly switch the screens too. I can imagine it wouldn’t work too well for games that use the full height of the stacked displays though (like Yoshi’s Touch & Go).

57 minutes ago, Paulando said:

9FEB7908-34A8-47BE-AD38-443350088005.thumb.jpeg.59753f9f62e22272e4e39edd0aa24538.jpeg

Never thought there’d be a good way to emulate DS games, but this works incredibly well for Dawn of Sorrow. There’s one button to quickly switch the screens too. I can imagine it wouldn’t work too well for games that use the full height of the stacked displays though (like Yoshi’s Touch & Go).

Might just be your photo, but the "too tall" pixels on some lines of the HUD (look at the fat uppers on 2 and 3 in the top left) look like it's badly scaled to me. That would fuck me off so much I wouldn't be able to play it! 3 should look like this:

731343584_Screenshot2022-08-18at09_45_09.png.73342da029c7aa35a91403139cdb016e.png

• Kryptonian changed the title to Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK