Jump to content

Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK


QuackQuack
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not new news, but some clever bod has figured out how to get the Humble Games Collection working on the Deck, after Humble nuked support for Linux.

 

 

This is quite relevant, for the following reasons:

 

- Prodeus is being published by Humble Games, who as their games to the collection fairly regularly

- same with Moonscars, which is a day 1 release in the collection

 

- ... Most importantly, Tales from Off-Peak city is on there apparently, which finishes the Cosmo D quadrilogy of games I'm playing the shit out of at the moment

 

Edit: It works! Played Dodgeball Academia without any big issues. Couple of notes from my experience:

 

- I didn't get a request to choose either Native or Flatpak. This is probably because I've only got the Flatpak/Discover Store version of Lutris installed.

 

- when linking my humble account to the app, the browser asked where it wants to open the link to. What I had to do was choose 'more applications', and in there is something called 'humble store (launch)' or something along those lines. When you click that, it'll detect and log in. If it's not there the first time, close and try again while the browser is still open.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Oracle said:

Oh no. Evri have my steam deck. Ace Ventura deliveries :(

 

I had the same reaction, but it arrived safely. I've since been addicted (all over again) to the joys of Neo Turf Masters on the Neo Geo Pocket Color via emulation.  No clicky joysticks though Valve? Come on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

Is a U1 card ok to use?

 

I have an A1 1TB and it's fine. Not using it to install windows but playing games from it is plenty okay.

 

Apparently you'll limit the download speeds to they system due to the write speed of the card, but my internet isn't fast enough to hit it anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Filth said:

 

I had the same reaction, but it arrived safely. I've since been addicted (all over again) to the joys of Neo Turf Masters on the Neo Geo Pocket Color via emulation.  No clicky joysticks though Valve? Come on!

 

I mean, technically, they are clicky. Just the one microswitch, however ;)

 

Thinking about it, I remember that the outer ring option on Steam Input has some form of haptic feedback to it. You could map it to an empty input and move the deadzone to near the center for a laff!

 

In other news - been playing Dicey Dungeons again after watching someone play it on stream. Finally coaxed the game to give me actual pad controls, for some reason the game wasn't having it - on the bright side, the actual UI changes when it got going are excellent, proper intuitive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Oracle said:

If Evri are running, I should get my deck tomorrow! Just need to decide what the first game I’ll play on it will be. 

 

I'm hoping for mine tomorrow too. Fingers crossed they make their poor delivery drivers work during her madge's funeral.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played four GPs of Hotshot Racing while Mournhub was on.

 

It's very delightful on this thing, with the big chunky analogue triggers and sticks. Still not entirely sure why it's unsupported, I've played much rougher verified titles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Siri said:

Played four GPs of Hotshot Racing while Mournhub was on.

 

It's very delightful on this thing, with the big chunky analogue triggers and sticks. Still not entirely sure why it's unsupported, I've played much rougher verified titles.

 

I've got a few that are unsupported and work absolutely fine. Worst issue I've had (other than an unsupported not booting) is Grid Legends hardlocking the system when I quit it. I have to hold the power button to reboot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/09/2022 at 09:29, Siri said:

Not new news, but some clever bod has figured out how to get the Humble Games Collection working on the Deck, after Humble nuked support for Linux.

 

 

This is quite relevant, for the following reasons:

 

- Prodeus is being published by Humble Games, who as their games to the collection fairly regularly

- same with Moonscars, which is a day 1 release in the collection

 

- ... Most importantly, Tales from Off-Peak city is on there apparently, which finishes the Cosmo D quadrilogy of games I'm playing the shit out of at the moment

 

Edit: It works! Played Dodgeball Academia without any big issues. Couple of notes from my experience:

 

- I didn't get a request to choose either Native or Flatpak. This is probably because I've only got the Flatpak/Discover Store version of Lutris installed.

 

- when linking my humble account to the app, the browser asked where it wants to open the link to. What I had to do was choose 'more applications', and in there is something called 'humble store (launch)' or something along those lines. When you click that, it'll detect and log in. If it's not there the first time, close and try again while the browser is still open.

 

 

How long did it take to install after getting the excited with code 256 thing? Not sure if it has frozen or not

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bradigor said:

 

How long did it take to install after getting the excited with code 256 thing? Not sure if it has frozen or not

 

As in the script part? It didn't take long at all.  I'd retry, personally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, deerokus said:

GLS have mine apparently. I think that means it's coming by parcel force rather than evri, hopefully.

 

I don't think it does. I believe GLS are doing the international part and Evri the UK part these days. But maybe it is split.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Siri said:

 

As in the script part? It didn't take long at all.  I'd retry, personally.

 

Went through install, don't get the option to sign in when trying to launch Humble Choice. 

 

Edit: I give up for now. I have tried 5 times and still can't even get 'Sign In' to show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Went through install, don't get the option to sign in when trying to launch Humble Choice. 

 

Edit: I give up for now. I have tried 5 times and still can't even get 'Sign In' to show. 

 

It doesn't even show the initial sign-up / sign in window? That's odd, sounds more like a botched install than anything else, like the download part stuffed itself randomly. My instinct would be to nuke the entire entry from Lutris, restart the deck and use the script again.

 

Thinking about humble, I'm going through The Norwood Suite in preparation for Tales of Off-Peak City. It seems very heavy in terms of resources, which is weird considering how it looks - even worse, there's not really any options to change like with Off-Peak and Club Low. I could fuck around with system-wide FSR, but at the moment it's chugging along at 40fps/hz with 11w and locked GPU clock at max so it takes priority.

 

If you don't like fucking around, you could either take the frame drops or drop it to 30fps and call it a day. It's only a game that takes 2 hours to get through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.