Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK

QuackQuack

30 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

Boring shipping question. How long after you order does it take to arrive? Where does it ship from?

Ships from the Netherlands, iirc. Give it about 7 days at most, not including national holidays.

In other news, I finished The Norwood Suite. I love playing all the kooky PC exclusive shit on a device I can just pick up and plod along on, I really do.

Going to have to ponder what I'm going to play next during lunchtimes, like a 2 hour experience I can break up into 20 minute chunks. Time to have a look at howlongtobeat again!

Got my email -- but then had an issue with the payment on mobile (it just hung on 'working' when it should've presumably done the bank authentication pop-up).

I'm sure I remember people on here having similar issues, but that was pages ago. I've poked Steam support for advice, but if anyone in here has any ideas, they'd be welcome! 🙂

Edit: They replied in about 10 mins, told me to do it again, all sorted!

The plan: play the ps5 on the big telly.

The reality: play the laptop while the missus watches the big telly.

Deck email received and order in. Makes sense as the laptop is noisy, needs plugged in and is a faff with cables.

GLS have the worst tracking I've ever seen. I don't think it ever updates and it makes you think the package has gone missing.

At least when it eventually arrives in the UK it is parcel force for me. Even though they're ultimately the same company apparently, PF are good.

Reading the last two posts just sums up all delivery discussion.

For what it's worth mine was entered into their system yesterday morning and shown no change (i.e. they claim not to have it it). But reading around just says it will say this forever until it gets to its final delivery company in the UK.

11 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I don’t like to cause alarm, but this is how Evri left my Deck on Sunday while we were 20 miles away:

19D9C3B1-5E51-4AF2-A826-DEFC7EF6C8C9.thumb.png.1f80fd69640ee6785054ff006101e4d5.png

No alarm here 😐 That's Evri. It's always been Evri/Hermes. No one should be surprised by what they do (other than when they accidentally deliver something securely and without issue).

Not really a state of the art PC-only indie banger, but I've finally started getting stuck into Abzu. It's ruddy lovely, it is.

And it's neatly portioned, finished up the second environment just before lunch was finished :D

36 minutes ago, deKay said:

"Spending every waking hour on free clicker game Scream Collector."

Grand. Will take a look at that next. I've put in 2 hours on Vampire Survivors already so I guess I must be near the end 😉 

What's the opinion on needing a screen protector?

2 hours ago, Simmy said:

Are GLS estimates accurate?

It was only handed over to GLS last night but it says it'll get delivered to my place in Germany tomorrow which seems kinda quick.

In all likelihood they've had it for days, sitting on a dock somewhere, their system just wasn't updated.

Edit: of course it's much quicker to get to Germany than here as they ship from Netherlands.