Jump to content

Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK


QuackQuack
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Mallet said:

Mine is in the delivery system as well. I've never heard of Evri before, do they deliver to Northern Ireland? 

 

 

They didn’t deliver mine. It was with Parcelforce. Didn’t have any issues. Hope it’s the same for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Banjaxed said:

They didn’t deliver mine. It was with Parcelforce. Didn’t have any issues. Hope it’s the same for you. 

Hopefully, I have never had any issues with parcel force here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Banjaxed said:

They didn’t deliver mine. It was with Parcelforce. Didn’t have any issues. Hope it’s the same for you. 

 

Was this recently? I think Parcelforce did some early ones but it's mostly been Evri since then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

F1 2020 runs nicely at ‘High’, 10W TDP, 60 FPS or ‘Medium’, 7W TDP, 60 FPS. I could easily find the optimum TDP by moving the limit slider while running the in-game benchmark. 

Loving this little machine, and I’ve barely started tinkering with it! 
 

I have little interest on playing on any of the consoles now, thanks Valve... 😂 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very positive first impressions, lovely bit of kit in your hands and the screen is great.

 

Had a quick go on Noita and Teardown, nice to have access to PC gaming as not dabbled in it for decades and it's all the smaller indie odds and sods that interest me rather than tedious AAA spectacle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoying my Deck so far (got it Friday), though the LB has an issue where it needs a fair bit of pressure to register (ie beyond the 'click'). Gutted if it's gonna have to be replaced, but I suppose at least they are getting a lot more supply these days so it may not be a long wait..  

 

Other than that, it feels very capable and hasn't had issues with anything I've thrown at it yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SaintM said:

Enjoying my Deck so far (got it Friday), though the LB has an issue where it needs a fair bit of pressure to register (ie beyond the 'click'). Gutted if it's gonna have to be replaced, but I suppose at least they are getting a lot more supply these days so it may not be a long wait..  

 

Other than that, it feels very capable and hasn't had issues with anything I've thrown at it yet. 


I had that and got a replacement which took about 3 weeks. I imagine it will be faster now, though. 
 

In the interim you can easily just replace L1 with one of the back buttons. I ended up using both left side ones as duplicates for L1 before I sent mine back. There’s also an input test in settings you can try to make sure it’s not a bug or something (which may be unlikely but you never know!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Anyone got the JSAUX Dock? Would you recommend it? It's my birthday so I want to treat myself :) 

 

I currently have this one but it's a bit awkward to use as it hangs off the top/back of the Deck

 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09F9NXVHC

 

61DJUYLJJwL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.71991a91a3930d9008d587303da06527.jpg

 

 

 

 

I have the upgraded JSAUX dock and would absolutely recommend it. Makes the Steam Deck nearly a Switch - rather than drop in, it's plug in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Overwatch 2 doesn’t have any kernal level anti cheat so it will run on steam deck (people played the beta on it). Does anyone have an idiots* guide on how I’ll get it running (it’s not on steam, it uses the Battle.net launcher, I think).

 

*Don’t be fooled by me mentioning the lack of kernal level, I just read it somewhere and don’t know what it means.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Strafe said:

So Overwatch 2 doesn’t have any kernal level anti cheat so it will run on steam deck (people played the beta on it). Does anyone have an idiots* guide on how I’ll get it running (it’s not on steam, it uses the Battle.net launcher, I think).

 

*Don’t be fooled by me mentioning the lack of kernal level, I just read it somewhere and don’t know what it means.

 

I haven't fucked with battle.net for a while, but with Diablo 2 remastered I followed these general instructions, but obviously basing it on the Diablo 2 install instead of Diablo Immortal.

 

I think the key thing is moving those DLL files to the place mentioned, and when you point to the overwatch launcher after installing it, make sure the launch arguement points towards the folder where battle.net resides.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm guessing it's highly dependent on when mail strikes happen.

 

I've put in a pre-order for another deck just to see if the queue really is a couple of weeks now :facepalm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Grabbed the fear complete pack  as it was on sale for £5 never played the series before. 

 

I only really played the first two (I think the third wasn't Monolith so I didn't look into it that much?), but they hold up pretty well if you can get past some of the graphics (lots of grey boxy office levels) and the tropeyness of the horror tropes. I bought FEAR 2 again a few years ago because I'd enjoyed it on 360, and you can probably go nuts with the graphical sliders these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i'm loving mine.

 

Didn't think that much of the Valve desk game thing but really liking Circuit Superstars, Teardown & that vampire thing.

 

Dipped my toe in the water with emulation too and got Krusty's Funhouse running via that emu deck, all seemed a bit daunting but getting the hang of the OS and getting the bios and rom files, complicated a bit for me being on Mac so can't drop my SD card into the slot on mac os desktop to put stuff on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fear 2 had an incredibly satisfying shotgun.

 

Days Gone runs shockingly well. Drop the resolution to 900x600 and turn on the fsr and it looks great. You can then freely twiddle with graphics settings to prioritise performance or battery as you wish. You can get 40fps quite easily in early areas but it will probably drop with big hordes later on. I went for a rock solid 30 with everything on high. Game is much more enjoyable in bite size chunks than I remember it being on PS4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Siri said:

 

I haven't fucked with battle.net for a while, but with Diablo 2 remastered I followed these general instructions, but obviously basing it on the Diablo 2 install instead of Diablo Immortal.

 

I think the key thing is moving those DLL files to the place mentioned, and when you point to the overwatch launcher after installing it, make sure the launch arguement points towards the folder where battle.net resides.


Once that is done you can just run it as a non steam game from the deck’s game mode, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.